Rayman Legends Wii U leaked trailer!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Apr 27, 2012.

By GaryOPA on Apr 27, 2012 at 1:38 PM
  1. 22,245
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    Showing the Wii U toy functionality!

[​IMG]

The new trailer for the upcoming Rayman Legends was leaked. Apparently, this was going to be shown at this year E3. It's the first Wii U game trailer showing footage and features!

Well, Ubisoft surely had a massive leak, as the first video for Rayman Legends is on the net now!

This is the sequel to Rayman Origins, and was previously spotted on a survey.

Also, the trailer shows off the new Wii U toy functionality!

Of course, Ubi is removing the videos from YouTube, but you can watch it on the source link below or, better yet, download it HERE!

It surely looks amazing!

[​IMG]

NEWS SOURCE #1: http://www.computerandvideogames.co...nctionality-leaked-in-rayman-legends-trailer/
    NEWS SOURCE #2: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=471932

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news story!

Comments

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Apr 27, 2012.

1. 1,629
      GaussTek

GaussTek Loyal Member

Apparently, Ubi didn't have any more choice and just confirmed the game development LOL

http://www.vg247.com/2012/04/27/ubisoft-confirms-rayman-legends-development/

I guess they won't remove them from YT anymore, so here's the video:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2016
    2. 22,245
      GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      Thanks I have updated the front-page story, for those that don't click to read the forums!

3. 47
      sotsog

sotsog Loyal Member

Home Page:
      These toys are my biggest fear for the WiiU. It's a cool concept and in some scenarios I can see it being intuitive, but I'm not running to K.B to grab Rayman action figures.

Of all the incredibly cool things that they could do with this controller (basically a giant DS), Rayman shows off nothing interesting. If anything they are showing exactly what they shouldn't do. Rayman Orgins is a great platformer and the addition of some gimmick controls will only hurt the overall game play. I thought Nintendo understood this about platformers, Super Mario Bros Wii, Donkey Kong Returns, and the new Kirbys didn't force any obvious gimmicks to go along with the controller, and they came out great.

We did see this with all early titles to the Wii though. Hopefully they've learned from the past mistakes and understand only to use special controls when they can actually enhance the game play, not just slapped on for show. They seemed to have figured that out late in the Wii's life so hopefully Rayman is an exception.

Regardless I see some crazy potential for this controller, just not so much with platformers.

4. 13,414
      billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Home Page:
      i believe that the trailer revealed rather more than just rayman ;)

wind the video to 1:21 and look at the controller (rather than the guy looking like he's about to crap himself) ignore the power cord that is on the dev kit controllers and look at the back of the pad, is that a rear facing ar camera i see that wasnt supposed to be revealed until e3? ;)

as to the "toys", well apart from the fact that my kids loved playing with them independent of the skylanders game is it really that bad, millions of people pay real money for download crap, with these things you pay real money for a physical item that provide the dlc so its yours to use and play on whatever console you choose and i'd assume you can use it on any nintendo network PID as well.

oh, and dkcr forced the use of completely unwarranted waggle controls, would have been far better just using a classic.

5. 47
      sotsog

sotsog Loyal Member

Home Page:
      Ow snap I did not even notice that rear camera. Again I feel Nintendo has it right with involving the player to create a new experience with unique controls. It's just I can't justify buying these toys. Sure they are physical objects that are basically DLC. I hope there is an option to purchase DLC without having to purchase a toy. It's just adding to the cost. Not to mention a huge part of the Nintendo fanbase are older male gamers. We don't want to be bothered buying that plastic crap. Hopefully there will be DLC compromises or this will only be used with games that justify a much younger, and exclusively younger audience.

On the other hand I can see this being a huge money maker for Nintendo especially with the Pokemon titles. I just hope they don't sacrifice their older, far more loyal, demographic for this.