REBUG 4.80.1 REX, HDD Change

Discussion in 'Official Codename: REBUG Support' started by SnakeSnoke, Aug 21, 2016.

1. 2
    SnakeSnoke

SnakeSnoke Loyal Member

Hello everyone,

after a hard disk failure I had to replace the ps3 drive with a new one. Now I have to restore the system completely, but I am unable to. Even the recovery mode is not working. I always get the error that a higher or equal firmware version is needed on the usb stick. I put the latest rebug firmware, which was aslo installed before, on the stick (PS3/UPDATE/->PS3UPDAT.PUP).

I appreciate any help, where no flash device is needed.

Thank you very much.

2. 2
    SnakeSnoke

SnakeSnoke Loyal Member

I redownloaded the latest rebug firmware and used another usb stick. It worked now. This thread can be deleted. Thank you.

3. 334
    amp2006

amp2006 Staff Member Clean-Up Crew

fighting ISIS alongside with Peshmerge
    Home Page:
    hey guys whats up ?my friend installed this new version of rebug but he accidentally used:
    TOGGLE PRODUCT MODE:
    Enable/Disable Product Mode flag. When enabled your PS3 will reboot into Factory Service Mode. This option is only available for 3.55 CFW for safety reasons.
    and now its on ps3 service and cannot get out of it no matter what option you select in rebug it just freeze the ps3 .and tried to go on service mode but it wont go to service mode .and when install the pkg or update it gives this error 80029c41 .