hit tracker

Recommend SD cards

Discussion in 'Official 'Stargate 3DS' Support Forum' started by RobertHMayfire, Jan 15, 2018.

1. 46
    RobertHMayfire

RobertHMayfire Loyal Member

I have a Samsung 128gb card, but I heard it's not the best for the Stargate. What brand and storage size is recommended for the Stargate flashcard?

2. 37
    royster77

royster77 Loyal Member

Most people swear by SanDisk from what I've read, but the more important thing is the speed of the card, too slow and your games won't be playable. Check for Class 10 and UHS-I or above. I've got a 4GB class 4 and it doesn't work at all, but all the Class 10 were read (until the cart went faulty at least)

3. 46
    RobertHMayfire

Okay. I have 2 Micro SD cards of different brands coming in. SanDisk and Kingston. The SanDisk has come in and it's a 64gb. After reformatting to exFAT and adding 33 games to it, I can confirm is works 100% better than the Samsung card.

I will post again when I can test the Kingston card (32gb).

4. 37
    royster77

royster77 Loyal Member

I have used a Kingston 32GB card in one cart successfully, but the cart went faulty after a few days, not the fault of the SD card because I have several that I've tried

5. 46
    RobertHMayfire

Kingston 32gb is in and tested. It works fine, 3DS games work, but I am having problems with the DS mode (I haven't tested DS mode on the SanDisk).