restoring 20gb harddrive image...

Discussion in '360 Hardware Repairs & Problems' started by DJHicks, Nov 10, 2009.

1. 135
    DJHicks

DJHicks New Member Loyal Member

Hi folks i backed up my hard drive last week in view to restore it on the drive once im banned...

i got banned... upon putting the harddrive on the pc i saw that partition 1 was empty, when i backed up there was a 1.6gb file and a 800 mb file... these are missing now...

something to do witht he currpt part of things me thinks...

anyways i have the good image...

i select restore and it does the business....but once the bars full it just stays there at the restoring device

the box is still selectable etc so its not frozen... i went out and came back to it still sitting there!

i clicked cancel and the drive appeared to be back to how it originally was with the 1.6gb and the 800 in the partition 0

i dnt have an unbanned box through yet to test its working...

anyone else have any ideas? should i format the 360 drive and then restore the image?

thanks for any help and suggestions!!!

2. 425
    chachakoala

chachakoala New Member Loyal Member

3. 135
    DJHicks

DJHicks New Member Loyal Member

Hi there, thank you for replying...

the harddrive is running fine even tho the restoring device message just got to the end and didnt change... after a about an hour i just pressed cancel...

my cod6 saves are working (formly from a backup) and now playing happily on a legit box for now...

that ban message that appears definatly does more specially with it deleting the contents of my partition 0

thank goodness i backuped up the day before!