REVIEW: BC Master 4-Port USB Car Charger

Discussion in 'MaxConsole Reviews' started by SonyUSA, Mar 18, 2017.

By SonyUSA on Mar 18, 2017 at 2:11 PM
  1. 77
    SonyUSA

SonyUSA MaxConsole Game Reviewer Staff Member MaxConsole News Team

Yet Another Exclusive Maxconsole Hardware Review To Enjoy Reading!

Our very own SonyUSA is back with another one of her great reviews, this time she is checking out the pro's and con's of the new 4-Port USB Card Charger being sold by BC Master on Amazon, which is handy to have to charge all your portable devices when on the go!
    [​IMG]

Box Contents: 4x USB Car Charger, USB-A to USB-C Cable (Nintendo Switch car charger, anyone? ;) ), Manual, and Warranty Card.

Tech Specs: 4x ports running at 5v/2.4A Max. 9.6A/48W total max output across all ports.

20161219_200951.jpg

BC Master does it again with another incredibly solid and slick looking car adapter. This thing has nice chunky plastic with a smooth piano finish and strong, firm contact springs. For the same price as a cheapo adapter that will break after 5 plugins and no protection circuity, you would be a fool to buy any other 4-port adapter except this one.

At 5v/2.4A max per slot, for a total of 9.6A across the board, it won't blow the 10 amp fuse on even the smallest sedan when under max load. The higher max amperage also allows for picky devices to charge properly (Apple products, large tablets) and in a timely fashion, something most cheapo adapters don't bother implementing and only output about 1.5-2A max. A gentle blue internal LED also indicates that the adapter is firmly seated into the cigarette port properly.

One of the biggest complaints I see on the Amazon page is that it's not possible to actually fit 4 USB plugs into it, however I had no problem plugging in 4 devices during testing. I suspect they are using much older USB cables that have larger terminal heads on them, and this is what caused the crowding and inability to plug in more than 2 devices at a time.

I personally enjoy the BC Master's Qualcomm compatible USB car charger better (You can check that out that review here), however if you do not possess a device that supports rapid charging, this adapter may be the better option for you as you get more available ports to use.

A great extra touch is the USB-A to USB-C cable. It works great to charge the Nintendo Switch on-the-go, and you can avoid being price-gouged for the ones currently on the market, because it comes free with the device!

Grab Yours HERE!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2017 at 1:49 PM

Comments

Discussion in 'MaxConsole Reviews' started by SonyUSA, Mar 18, 2017.