SNES mini topic

Discussion in 'General Retro Gaming Discussion' started by deltax5, Jun 30, 2017.

1. 142
    deltax5

deltax5 Loyal Member

As we already know that the new snes mini is coming to the market. Lets hope they have a better supply this time. With 21 games built in. The 21 game is a bonus game star fox 2 never been released.I hear you unlock it by beating the first level in star fox 1. All those good games are making the thing worth it now. There not that many muiltiplayer games on the thing thou.
    I want to know if there going to have a sd slot. Makes it easier for you to load up custom firmware and put your own roms onto it when they decide to hack it. Hope it has some way to connect to the pc. the nes mini got hacked within a couple of days.
    I want that star fox 2 out into rom format asap. And it will. Lets hope it's running a rom otherwise they will have to emulate the hole system prob. lol. I hope this version doesn't emulate the the special chips cuz most flash carts have trouble running those games for now.

2. 23,894
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    No it will not have sd slot. -- But the Classic NES (the one before) was quickly hacked as they used an Allwinner tablet board for it, minus the screen part. -- So right away hakchi2 was born after it was discovered you could access the debug usb port on it, and there was even hacks to add an sd card for Classic NES.

Most likely, the SNES Mini will be similar board, maybe even the same one, just with a larger nand flash on it to hold the games, but tough luck getting one, even the pre-orders have been cancelled because FCC rejected their approval!

Going to post the news soon on front page regarding that. -- but I am sure big 'n' will paid off the right officials at FCC to get it out on time!

3. 142
    deltax5

deltax5 Loyal Member

Just wondering never got the nes mini was it actually accurate with time delay, sprites and textures. Things that emulators have trouble with? I hear that people complain about emulators with games like punch out time delay. IDK I think it's actually good.