Sony cuts ties with PS All-Stars developers

Discussion in 'PlayStation Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Feb 4, 2013.

By GaryOPA on Feb 4, 2013 at 10:28 PM
  1. 22,040
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    Studio not closing, but entering its 'next chapter.'

[​IMG]

Sony has cut ties with SuperBot Entertainment, just days after the development studio laid off a number of its staff.

It looks like Sony has ended its working agreement with PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale creators SuperBot Entertainment.

However, seems that the studio won't close (for now):

Just a few days ago, Sony confirmed that an unknown number of SuperBot Entertainment staff were laid off, but assured that both “the studio and SCEA remain committed to supporting PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale post launch”...

NEWS SOURCE #1: Sony cuts ties with Playstation All-Stars creators studios fate in question (via) Kotaku
    NEWS SOURCE #2: Sony cuts ties with SuperBot entertainment (via) Gematsu

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!

Comments

Discussion in 'PlayStation Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Feb 4, 2013.

1. 4,436
      JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

Based on rumors I am hearing the game cleared less than 500K units world wide between both platforms. The Vita game from what I heard in the same rumor only managed about 50K units sold for both versions (Digital and Physical versions.)

How true this all is, I don't know, I mean the 50K units for the Vita versions sounds plausible but that leaves 450K units for the PS3 version so that's not too bad is it? Sure its not a mega hit and Sony probably spent any profits it made advertising it (One of the few Sony adverts I have seen in a while was for this game.)