Sony PlayStation 2 to PS3 controller adapters with HOME button/Recovery Mode support (2017)

Discussion in 'PS3 Hardware Repairs & Problems' started by gDrive, Jul 10, 2017.

1. 4,102
    gDrive

gDrive Not Your Mommas Tranny Staff Member Clean-Up Crew

Home Page:
    Hello everyone

Does anyone know where to get PS2 to PS3 adapters, or know which specific adapters have the Home (PS) button AND Recovery Mode support in 2017? The reason as to why I ask this question is because I have an aforementioned adapter that is Gameware-branded (which I have bought all the way back in 2011), whereby "Gameware" is a brand that a UK games store called "Game" use on their own-branded hardware, but the HOME (PS) button on it has been broken for quite some time, and I do not like to pull out an official PS3 controller, just to use/gain access to the Recovery Mode, and the current adapter that I have supports Recovery Mode, and lastly, because of this feature, it acts like a genuine PS3 controller, and hence, I could install SCPToolkit and make it act like an Xbox 360 controller, like one could do so with actual PS3 control pads

Thanks for reading, if you have read this post from start to finish. :p

2. 23,894
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    Have you looked at the mayflash and cronusmax adapters?

3. 4,102
    gDrive

gDrive Not Your Mommas Tranny Staff Member Clean-Up Crew

Home Page:
    I have done so, but holy heck, they're way too much for my budget at the moment, especially when I remember paying only £3 for the current adapter that I have. :p

That said, they're pretty interesting devices, so credit to Mayflash/CronusMAX for that.

UPDATE: After some intensive research, it looks like I have found the basic version of the Mayflash Universal Adapter. which is more suited to my budget, and if the YouTube videos and the reviews are anything to go by, it looks like that this may work like a native PS3 controller, though unfortunately, nobody who has reviewed the gamepad adapter has reviewed it thoroughly enough, which pisses me off I must admit.