Sony: PS Vita sales quadruple in Japan

Discussion in 'PlayStation Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Mar 4, 2013.

By GaryOPA on Mar 4, 2013 at 3:49 PM
  1. 22,245
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    Thanks to the recent price cut.

[​IMG]

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan president said that the PS Vita sales have increased four-fold this week. No specific numbers yet.

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan president Hiroshi Kawano has said during a One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 presentation in Japan that PlayStation Vita sales in the country have increased around four times compared to what the system was selling before the recent price cut over there.

Two weeks ago, the PS Vita was selling around 11,000 units, so that could mean sales will be as high as 44,000 this week.

As you may know, Sony dropped the PlayStation Vita’s price in Japan to 19,980 yen on February 28. Both the 3G and Wi-Fi models were discounted to the same price. The company has already said that we shouldn't expect a similar price drop in North America soon, though.

Stay tuned for this week's Japanese charts on Wednesday, in order to know the specific sales figures for the handheld.

NEWS SOURCE #1: Sony Japan president PS Vita sales have increased four-fold (via) Gematsu
    NEWS SOURCE #2: Sony says PS Vita sales are up four-fold (via) GamingEverything

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!

Comments

Discussion in 'PlayStation Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Mar 4, 2013.

1. 5,956
      DEDDOA

DEDDOA Loyal Member

so they sold 4 then eh? ;)

2. 13,414
      billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Home Page:
      at £139 for either version i'm barely surprised that its selling better but four times fuckall is still not a lot and before sony celebrate too much maybe we should wait a few weeks until the sales spike is over so we get to see if it will spread its wings and fly like the ds or crash back to earth like a stone.

3. 1,626
      Nocuddle

Nocuddle Loyal Member

Obviously from the pics there are 4 of 'em. ;)

From left to right: nerd, nerd, nerd & nerd.

:D

But I aint gonna whinge coz I got a vita already. what we really need is cut down on game prices. Its silly they priced vita games similar to ps3 prices. but s0nny like to buttfuk gaijins. :eek:

4. 6,199
      Retroboy

Retroboy Banned MaxConsole Troll BANNED FOREVER

I sell online ads for a living, but love to compla
      Jolly Old England, The Land of the Trolls
      Home Page:
      crash back to earth?? because its not off to a sh1t hot start like nintendo, what you constantly fail to notice is unlike nintendo, sony and ms consoles are not a race.

you find how sales go up and down, but you find its a game that makes the system sell better, give a little longer and youll see the vita keep going.

unlike nintendo, new system released, old one crashes back to earth as you put it, yet hmm sony systems keep going.

5. 6,347
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

So they lowered the price of the console and sold more, I'm not surprised at all, in fact had they not increased to at least some degree I'd be shocked. I just wonder if it will last.

Personally I think they should lower the price of memory cards, I just got one as a gift and the 4GB card is bad if you buy DD or PS+.

6. 6,199
      Retroboy

Home Page:
      this guy even know that sony arent the ones that set the rrp on video games right....

so do we blame sony for ubisoft charging £29.99 for a vita game??? erm no, i think you need to blame taxes etc for high game prices, end of the day stores need to make money and if youve not noticed, stores such as game and hmv find it hard to make any profit on games/movies/music due to the taxing government.

i mean what is it in uk 20% VAT, how does charging 20% add any extra value to your purchase other than its not its just an ar5e rap1ng stealth tax.

7. 1,626
      Nocuddle

Nocuddle Loyal Member

im not from UK so i hav no clue abt there but seems u kno everything.

ok dizzy, tell me how much s0nny sells the new Tomb Raider game to UK store then? or better yet, tell me the price of Metal Gear Rising CE (comes with figure) coz i got one but not from UK retail. from supplier to retail, exclude taxes, no middleman. get back to me ASAP pls. then i will tell u if s0nny or retail is the one ripping u.

8. 6,199
      Retroboy

Home Page:
      dont know, ive not bought tomb raider yet, and will never buy MGS spin off dogshite of a game.

again tho, sony are not the ones selling the game are they, its not sony that set its price how do you not understand that

do you for example actually think it costs game stores £49.99 to buy a game :eek::eek::eek::eek: