Steven Sinofsky, Windows president, leaves Microsoft

Discussion in 'General Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Nov 14, 2012.

By GaryOPA on Nov 14, 2012 at 10:51 AM
  1. 22,047
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    'Microsoft Just Lost Its Steve Jobs...'

[​IMG]

Only a weeks after the launch of Windows 8 and the Surface tablet, Steven Sinofsky departs Microsoft for reasons unknown...

Steven Sinofsky, the president of Windows and Windows Live Division, is leaving Microsoft effective immediately, after 20+ years of being there.

This comes just a few weeks after the tech giant released Windows 8 and the new Surface tablet. The executive led the development of both.

He will be replaced by Julie Larson-Green. Neither Microsoft nor Sinofsky provided any info as why he left, but some claim the move is a result of growing discontent within the software giant, with a number of executives reportedly unhappy when working with him due to his failure to be a "team player."

In a press release, CEO Steve Ballmer said the company needed to be more aligned and integrated, with more regular software releases:

And, this is what Sinofsky wrote:

Well, his departure could be terrible news for the tech company...

So, what do you think?

NEWS SOURCE #1: Steven Sinofsky Microsoft just lost its Steve Jobs how will it ever catch (via) Slate
    NEWS SOURCE #2: Steven Sinofsky Windows president leaving Microsoft effective immediately (via) ArsTechnica

Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!

Comments

Discussion in 'General Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Nov 14, 2012.

1. 824
      WoIverine

WoIverine Loyal Member

Wow, that's a big deal. Maybe MS is realizing they're not getting the sales results they aimed for with Windows 8. If I had bought a copy, I probably would've tried to return it, it has a lot of beneficial features, but it's too much of a radical jump. To me, after playing around with it for a while, I just can't really use it efficiently, and don't really feel like taking the time to re-learn what already works so well in Windows 7. They should've tweaked 7 and gradually moved everyone over to 8 slowly, with minimal, not radical changes.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2012
    2. 5,609
      Battlefield

Battlefield Loyal Member

Home Page:
      I bought Win 8 for gaming purposes, and installed as secondary boot. Win 7 is main OS as Win 8 is not a real OS.

Windows Phone users will love Win 8. Not even new 360 GUI is as close 0as Windows Phone.

Win 8 was released too early for Win 7 replacement, and its more like the next gen MS Mediacenter.
      Keep Win 7 as OS, and use Win 8 for fun.

Steve Jobs...Both is assholes, and i doubt MS suffers from this. Maybe MS get better.. or worse.
      Win 8 was atleast the last nail in his coffin. Win 8 is a tablet OS, not a PC OS. This is why it cant replace Win 7.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2012