Super Mario Galaxy surpasses 5 million units sold

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Mar 9, 2012.

By GaryOPA on Mar 9, 2012 at 11:28 AM
  1. 22,067
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    The ninth Nintendo game to break the record in the US

[​IMG]

Super Mario Galaxy became the ninth Wii game to sell more than 5 million units in the United States, according to the NPD Group

Another milestone for Nintendo.

They are announcing now that Super Mario Galaxy fro Wii has surpassed the 5 million units sold in the US, becoming the 9th game from the Big N to do that.

Other game titles that surpassed the big barrier were: Wii Play (13.06 million), Mario Kart Wii (11.3 million), New Super Mario Bros. Wii (8.86 million), Wii Fit (8.18 million), Wii Fit Plus (7.32 million), Wii Sports Resort (6.45 million), Just Dance 2 (5.61) million and Super Smash Bros. Brawl (5.43 million)

Here is the full PR:

OFFICIAL SITE: http://www.NINTENDO.com

Our thanks to 'Kaos2K' for posting another PR email!

Comments

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Mar 9, 2012.

1. 4,436
      JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

Those numbers are amazing, even more shocking considering that the Wii is probably super cheap to develop for at this point in time so the profit margin on those has to be outlandish.

2. 6,199
      Retroboy

Retroboy Banned MaxConsole Troll BANNED FOREVER

I sell online ads for a living, but love to compla
      Jolly Old England, The Land of the Trolls
      Home Page:
      wow nintendo gets a hard on over this news, yet i find it funny how apparently its breaking US figures, when i know games to have sold these amounts within hours/days, for example recently ME3 3.5 million world wide within 24 hours.

but its not suprising tho that it takes a nintendo game years to reach these sales figures.

3. 13,392
      billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Home Page:
      what you miss is that games like me3 whilst they do sell huge numbers on week one they rapidly vanish from the sales charts whilst those nintendo games dont storm to the top of the charts but do keep on selling, you only have to look at the top selling games of this generation to see what that means overall.