hit tracker

Super Mario Odyssey now the highest rated game of all time on GameRankings

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Oct 27, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Oct 27, 2017 at 3:42 PM
  1. 24,395
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    Mario has Smashed Zelda to take the 'top-spot' of highest rated video games of all time in the world!
    [​IMG]

Move along Zelda, you are old news, Mario is back and besides getting married to Princess Peach finally now that he is no longer just a plumber, he has smashed Zelda to the ground, (you can only have one princess in the castle), and killed off Link, and now has claimed the crown of now only the Mushroom Kingdom, of all other video games in the world, even Master Chief is scared of Mario now that he has been unleashed into the real world with the blockbuster new Switch game only out for day now and its already at almost 99%.
    So what do you think will ever by able to beat Mario at its game, and become 99.9% or 100% ranking, even killing Nazis didn't work!

NEWS SOURCE: Super Mario Odyssey now the highest rated game of all time on GameRankings (via) NintendoEverything

Comments

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Oct 27, 2017.

1. 58
      Agret

Agret Loyal Member

Student
      Home Page:
      God damn. Say what you will about Nintendo but they make some very impressive first party titles.

2. 554
      AlbedoAtoned

AlbedoAtoned Loyal Member

I'd wait a bit until the fellatio period ends. While it no doubt looks like a great game, only time will tell if it is truly worth a 10/10 or $60. Breath of the Wild got a lot of the same treatment (pretty much any really big game does, but Nintendo games really tend to get it because they bank so much on their first party titles), 10/10's everywhere, and after a bit the flaws were allowed to be noticed so that people could get a clearer picture. In the end if I gave it a rating I'd give it an 8 or 8.5. From what I've seen this would probably get the same.

And that's what Projared gave it. It looks really fun and if you own a switch, it's probably one of the must owns, but I haven't really seen anything in it that would blow you away. It seems to be on par with other 3d mario games though several people have said it can be %100 completed in less than 10 hours even with all of the moons. This has in the past influenced reviews. Easier games to play, beat, or complete more often than not tend to lean a reviewer's opinion more positively, while harder games tend to lean them in a more negative direction. Add in what are essentially bribes (and Nintendo is no stranger to it either), and many reviews and reviews scores can be inflated.