hit tracker

Team COBRA now shipping out new PS3 ODE design v5.20c

Discussion in 'Official 'Cobra ODE' Support Forum' started by Magneto10, Jul 30, 2016.

By Magneto10 on Jul 30, 2016 at 6:33 AM
  1. 14
    Magneto10

Magneto10 Loyal Member

All New Cobra ODE Design Released For PlayStation 3 Consoles!

It has been a long time coming, but finally it is now shipping to Cobra Resellers, the smaller, better, faster and more flexible design of the Cobra Optical Drive Emulator for PS3 users that wish to run their games all nicely backup on an external USB HDD.

[​IMG]

This new board been rumored and seen from various Chinese resellers for the last couple of weeks, but now its been officially announced on Team Cobra's website, with the following small update:

There is also a new manual released for it, which we have put a direct download here below to make it easier to grab for you, but there is no more details on how much better this design is except for what is listed above, sadly it seems to still need the 'swap-disc' system, but at least for new owners with the built-in DMC system it will be easier to install and use.

v5.20C MANUAL: http://scmods.com/cobra/QSV_v1_3.pdf (13.3Megs)

OFFICIAL SITE: Team Cobra ODE

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'Official 'Cobra ODE' Support Forum' started by Magneto10, Jul 30, 2016.

1. 336
      amp2006

amp2006 Staff Member Clean-Up Crew

fighting ISIS alongside with Peshmerge
      Home Page:
      finally .thats great

2. 262
      happydance

happydance Loyal Member

do you still need to do the Burned BR-D swap method?

3. 19
      kankuro

kankuro Loyal Member

what about playing games without updates?

4. 262
      happydance

happydance Loyal Member

yeah... bypass disc and limited only to games with updates are the problem with the old version and both are not mentioned on features of this new hardware

5. 46
      gigiloepalsoe

gigiloepalsoe Loyal Member

very, very small change in new cobra

There is still need swap disk metode
      And also can not 'enter to' the internal hdd like cfw, he he

6. 17
      mandip899

mandip899 Loyal Member

i recently brought 5.20c board but it came with preinstalled 2.4 fw sooo i wanted to downgrade to 2.3 fw board is M2S010 CHIP. CANT FIND ANYTHING IN COBRA ODE PAGE

Attached Files:

7. 24,380
      GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      The 5.20c uses a new design for the SATA core, so I am very sure you can't downgrade the firmware.

8. 17
      mandip899

mandip899 Loyal Member

i really hate broswer pt option in fw 2.4 i wish cobra ode team something abt this i really want old harware pt mode back

9. 17
      mandip899

mandip899 Loyal Member

can anyone send me old ps3 which they dont use now. it would really great plz plz

10. 14
      Magneto10

Magneto10 Loyal Member

What is wrong with 2.4?

11. 17
      mandip899

mandip899 Loyal Member

did anyone here brought this 5.20c board like me? mine is having some problem. i have ps3 superslim ofw 4.65 after installing this board my ps3 started to freeze then run after some time freeze then run problem. i thought it was hdd problem so changed to new hdd bt problem didnt solve soo after that i thought it was power problem so i gave cobra ode power with mini usb charger problem didnt solve. after everthing i gave up i took everything out and put my ps3 without cobra and started ps3 everything ran soomth without any freeze.
      soooo main problem is board cobra ode should have tested this product more before shipping.

12. 276
      Fakk28

Fakk28 Loyal Member

Computer Technician, part time construction worker
      California for now, until I move to kick ass Texas
      I have been looking for PS3 Slims that work with the ODE's now for sale, and every PS3 I wound up getting that had 3.55 OFW so I can easily update them to 4.55 OFW to use the Cobra ODE with, well, they all are under 2,5k models and seem to be original 2k models. Can someone point me to where I can get a Cobra ODE that works with those model PS3's? Also, I have a 5.10 ODE from Cobra that I used with my PS3 3006B before my PS3 died, and I was wondering what I need to do if possible, to get the 5.10b ODE to work on my 2K model PS3's? Can anyone help me , I just want to get my old ODE or a new one working with the PS3s that I own. I have approx 3 CECHA01's all like new, and like 4 Slim PS3s, (2 I use with CFW's and the other two I use as normal consoles that I updated to 4.81 so I can have PS3s to play in case others die on me.)

Thanks, your help is appreciated.

13. 276
      Fakk28

Fakk28 Loyal Member

Is anyone selling the 5.10b ODE boards anymore? Mine is now dead, along with 2 PS3 Slims I tried installing it in. I had to buy new soldering iron equipment so I can slowly increase the temps to keep it as low as posible as the QSBs are a nightmware to install, and I tested the new 5.20c board in a Slim unit and it runs like crap. Can ANYONE show me where to buy a few PS3 Slims that are 300x models that are reliable, under 4.56 Firmware, and where I can buy the 5.10b ODE boards so I can get my ODE working again? I won't be buying anymore ODE's or QSBs until I can find the right combination that I had before that worked, and since 5.20c does not even work at ALL with Sony's LAST OFW, whats the point of getting one now? It looks liike this Cobra ODE stuff is literally just DOA now that Sony killed it with 4.81 OFW. :(

14. 29
      Devian

Devian Loyal Member

Here u have it:
      http://www.dynamodz.com/videogames/ps3/modchips/cobra-ode-modchip/cobra-ode-qsv5-10.html

15. 276
      Fakk28

Fakk28 Loyal Member

Wow, I cannot thank you enough for this! I love the 5.10b Cobra ODE, and I ordered a few QSBs and got my old one working, but I have to cut the ribon cable up, and do all sorts of other things, and it's hanging on by a thread, so I will get a couple more 5.10b units asap, and buy a few more PS3 Slims that are first gen units (25xx-3xxx), and get them installed so I can play them for life. Thanks again, your a life saver!

-J

16. 3
      locarno

locarno Loyal Member

What's the difference between 5.20 and 5.30 Cobra ?
      Is 5.30 even exist ?