hit tracker

The new revolution is coming: Stargate 3DS!

Discussion in 'Official 'Stargate 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Aug 20, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Aug 20, 2017 at 3:01 AM
  1. 24,466
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    StarGate 3DS will be available in September 2017 and already pre-orders have started!
    [​IMG]

A few weeks ago, we were contacted by long-time scene group about their new upcoming 3DS Flashcart, and were given a private demonstration of working on the New2DSXL and latest v11.5 firmware, using the upcoming MagnetHAX and other great things which have since become public last week, as such the team as decided to its time to announce their brand-new amazing 3DS Flashcart which they are calling 'StarGate 3DS', which is due for release next month in September, and pre-orders have already started on their site.
    StarGate3DS_1.jpg
    NEWS UPDATE: (Sept.23th) --> First Exclusive Teaser Video of StarGate 3DS Features Released!

OFFICIAL SITE: --> http://www.stargate-3ds.com/

Official Reseller in USA via 3DS-Flashcard.com: --> http://3ds-flashcard.com/home/49-stargate-3ds-for-all-games-on-3ds2ds-xl.html
    PRE-ORDER NOW via Shop01Media: --> http://www.shop01media.com/en/SG-3DS-Stargate-3DS-flash-card-Nintendo-3DS?tracking=55d384d869281
    PRE-ORDER NOW via ModChipFrance: --> http://modchip83.com/en/modules-puces/163-stargate-3ds.html

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017

Comments

Discussion in 'Official 'Stargate 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, Aug 20, 2017.

1. 29
      modrobert

modrobert Staff Member MaxConsole News Team Developer

Home Page:
      RIP Gateway 3DS?

2. 24,466
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
    3. 4
      astronautlevel

astronautlevel Loyal Member

Why would you ever buy this 80-90 flashcart, when a 20 dollar AK2i, R4i 3DS RTS Gold, or (soon) an m3i real zero will do the exact same thing?

Let's see; unsigned games and emulators, yes with CFW, DS games, yes with a flashcart (which you'll have anyway by buying the cart for ntrboot).

In addition, the cheaper open source option has already been proven to work; remember when Gateway released their mess of an a9lh installer, despite the open source version having been out forever and working?

Speaking of gateway, this is interesting. Take a look at the whois of stargates website:
      RSSaNjl.png
      Remember when Gateway said they'd never sell us another card and owners of the gateway card would be able to do everything? Yeah, apparently that was all bullshit.

Billyme and hanz like this.
    4. 6,564
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

@astronautlevel

For a second I was somewhat annoyed having bought an R4i for NTRboothax, now I'm still glad I got said card (surprised they're not using some kind of privacy service).

The main potential benefits to this card is that you don't need a system to install ntrboothax and SNES emulation on o3DS (presuming it's decent, running on the card itself and not just some BS CFW).

5. 4
      astronautlevel

You don't need a system to install ntrboothax with some cards as you can flash them from an NDS.

Also you can already get good snes emulation on an o3ds with snes9x

6. 6,564
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

But that still requires a system which people may not have, powersaves may be an alternative but then it depends on the cost.

Haven't checked out SNES9X myself (yet), I've only gone by other comments I've read over time.

7. 24,466
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      @astronautlevel - As I mentioned in the GW thread in their forum, this is basically a merger of Sky3DS and Gateway3DS.

There still an update coming for Gateway3DS in few days or less, after that in few months or less, you most likely will be seeing the GW going 'open-source' release for everyone to enjoy.

8. 90
      GatewayBugReport

GatewayBugReport Loyal Member

I doubt that Gateway will make their stuff open source...
      Even if the scene would work to update it and make cfw with their card.

But will be an opportunity for clones, I guess

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    9. 4
      astronautlevel

An NDS and a compatible flashcart is still cheaper than this, plus you get an NDS out of it, which in my opinion is better than a 3DS for playing NDS games.

The snes9x port is far, far better than blargsnes, and worth a try if you're on an o3ds.

Even if gateway does go open source, the only interest I (and I'm guessing the rest of the open source community) would have is porting the .3ds loading to Luma.

10. 559
      AlbedoAtoned

AlbedoAtoned Loyal Member

I'm going to have to side with most here and say that this just doesn't seem like it would get much use outside of ntrboothax and at that point, you might as well just get a cheaper card. The only real benefit I can see is that you can offload some of your games to the flashcart to run in order to save space on the SD card in the system, but space isn't really a problem, you can just get a bigger SD card. It's not really going to save money. There's a disadvantage as well, the flash cart is another layer that can break.

By break I mean if it stops working due to malfunction or other issues, that's a lot of money gone. The money spent on it could go to just buying a bigger SD card if space was a concern. The other thing are the emulators, it's likely they are referring to using ds homebrew emulators, maybe even ones intended to take advantage of the extra cpu power in the flashcart, but what's most likely is that you end up with better performance and compatibility just running emulators such as snes9x on the o3ds and on n3ds there are even more options for that kind of thing.

I'm not against flashcarts that add great value, even if they are a bit costly. But I do feel that right now, before the thing is even released, it's a bit DOA. It's like buying the newest iphone when all you want is to make phone calls, pretty much any other phone would be a better choice.

People will buy this and then have to look for ways to make it more useful than it is. I don't begrudge them for selling or others for buying. But it really is kind of stupid to spend 80-90 when a 20 dollar flash cart will do the same just as easily. They make it sound like things will be plug and play. I've heard that line so many times, and sometimes it is indeed true, but most of the time if you can hack a platform using a flashcart, you can do so without. The process is almost always the same, if not easier because of how easy and foolproof the hacking community makes things. When I hacked my 3ds initially I followed a guide step by step to ensure I didn't mess up. That was around a year ago. I had menuhax and emunand set up and everything.

When B9S came out, I again followed the guide, and it was even easier than before, and technically my system was hacked in about 5 minutes. I still had to migrate my emunand back because the old guide had users use different accounts for sysnand and emunand. But if I was a new user, it would have been done pretty much, everything else would be to take advantage of B9S such as actually using a cfw such as Luma or installing applications such as FBI. I'm not sure how you could make it easier than that. The hacking community had always been rivals with the flash cart producers and this competition made things super easy and useful.

Other than maybe making the installation of the actual NTRboothax onto the flashcart easier, chances are, if you can follow a guide, which is just smart to do anyways, you can hack without the flashcart coming preloaded or automating install of ntrboothax onto the flashcart. Arguably, you may even be at a disadvantage, because these things tend to be easier to follow from the beginning as sopposed to picking up in the middle of a guide.

11. 6,564
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

How much is it? A DS costs around £28 and the R4i around £16-20.

If they release it for £30 max then they may have a market for it, otherwise then yes the DS option may be better/cheaper.

12. 559
      AlbedoAtoned

It's not really any better than those. Maybe it's better than the sky3ds since it does pretty much the same thing but is compatible with ntrboothax, but if somebody is truly buying it for that, then the cheaper carts are just as good. At most you're saved a step when hacking, but the whole guide can be finished in about 30 minutes tops anyway. $60 or more is a lot of money to waste on just a few saved minutes, and at least with the acekard 2i, you only need to flash it once, and it can be used as a normal ds flash cart on any hacked 3ds as well as used to hack any 3ds. The r4i gold card can be flashed from a stock 3ds if one doesn't have any other method to hack, though it needs to be flashed back if you want to use it to play ds roms.

Even if somebody has no interest in homebrew and only wants to play pirated games, hacking is still preferable because you can use freeshop to download directly from Nintendo's servers using freeshop or wii u usb helper (which works with 3ds games as well and it will even build them as cias for you when you choose to copy the games over. It's a lot easier than having to worry about finding 3ds roms and since you need a header from one of your own roms and the main way to do that is to hack your 3ds in the first place in order to dump the rom from one of your own cartridges. The other method requires an action replay 3ds and doesn't work with all games. So either you hack the 3ds which is why you likely would buy something like this over the other flash carts, or you spend money for an action replay 3ds, which you'll likely never use again if you're pirating all of your games. Without the header the roms you download will have public headers, and will likely lead to you getting banned, especially if the game uses online features. So either way it doesn't make a lot of sense to spend that much more money.

13. 559
      AlbedoAtoned

https://freeshop.pw/

Freeshop is a homebrew application that connects to Nintendo's download servers to download and install games using a list of tickets. You can generate your own ticket list or use "that titlekey site" if you plan to sail the seven seas. Note there is a risk of being banned. A few months back, Nintendo banned a lot of hacked 3dses. The bans prevented online play, but not access to the eshop, and are reversible provided you have an unbanned lfcs seed either from the internet (known as a public seed) or by dumping it from one of your own 3dses. Basically the seed is what is banned in this situation and anybody using that seed is technically banned until they get a different seed. Nobody knows what actually triggered the bans as the collection seemed to be in place for up to several months before any actual bans took place.

I'd actually recommend using wii u usb helper instead.https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wii-u-usb-helper-a-small-eshop-for-windows.446565/

The difference is that freeshop runs from a hacked 3ds, while wii u usb helper runs from a pc. Now it says "wii U usb helper" because it's mainly for wii u games, but it also works well with 3ds games as it separates 3ds games from wii u ones.. It downloads the files again using your own titlekeys or those from "that titlekey site" and when you copy the game to the sd card it will build it into a cia file which is basically like an archive or installer.

You then install it on your 3ds using an application known as FBI. https://github.com/Steveice10/FBI.

Naoki2013 likes this.
    14. 786
      sudeki300

sudeki300 Loyal Member

where is this gateway update that was supposed to be here in a few days or less? you posted this over a month ago, still no update?

15. 24,466
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      Read thru the long GW thread, you will see newer posts, that states the GW update is no planned for about month after the StarGate 3DS is shipping out to resellers, which from the 'teaser video' post it is stated 'mid-october', so you looking at currently 'mid-november' for the GW update if everything still goes as planned, but as you have seen from the past their 'plans' have changed many times over the last few months, I only know what they tell me, and even then its from the 'sales team' side, and not the 'coder side' and he works on his own schedule.

16. 638
      urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

Are these idiots trying to defeat the original GW team on the "Soon" length contest? It's long past mid October and there isn't even a download for the Stargate yet...

Has anyone actually received one yet from their pre-order?

17. 4
      royster77

royster77 Loyal Member

The online trends website had the shipping date of 31st October yesterday, Checked today and it's changed to 17th November. Glad I didn't actually put a preorder in...I want to see it actually being a real thing instead of a myth that never actually gets released, like this Gateway update that never appeared even after 2 years of waiting.

18. 24,466
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      2 Years of Waiting? -- I know it been a while, but 2 years is alot of extra months added! :)

Last GW release was Oct. 26th, 2016 -- So its only been 1 year, 4 days since their last emunand update.

Last GW notice that update is in works was Feb. 13th, 2017 - So its been 258 days, or 8 months and 18 days.

19. 9
      Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine Loyal Member

@GaryOPA When will you admit that you are being paid by the Gateway team? At this point you are either an extremely naïve fool or a pawn to them, because there's no way any sensible person could be played as much as you have.
      It's November now and they still have "Mid-October" listed on their site, here's a screenshot to make that clear for you
      Screenshot from 2017-11-01 06-46-06.png
      Don't worry, the image and post is timestamped to make sure it's clear that the team missed their ETA. Worst of all is knowing seeing that they haven't even bothered to inform their expected customers of this delay. Yet without telling anyone, you made this bold claim right here
      Amazing how you have this information, yet they didn't even bother to post it on their site. This seems like some bold and important information that you think the Gateway team would share with everyone, but they only shared it with you. Which leads me to believe one of 3 things
      1: You are making it up to cover for them because the longer you drag this out, the more ad revenue you get.
      2: They lied to you again and you were paid to make that announcement
      3: Both are true
      With the amount of bullshit I've watched you post, I am more leaning towards 3. You were paid to lie to people and continue to lie because it keeps users coming to your site.
      Quite honestly it doesn't matter if what you said actually happens. It doesn't change the fact that you've lied to your users multiple times. It doesn't change the fact that the team couldn't even give a timely official announcement for their delays. It doesn't change the long wait period Gateway users had to sit through as you fed them false hope. If anything it will reveal that you are just a puppet to the Gateway team.

crocchio likes this.