The Nintendo Switch Versus The PS4: A Japanese Sales Comparison

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Apr 20, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Apr 20, 2017 at 2:52 PM
  1. 23,519
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    It’s still early for the Switch. But let’s see how the new Nintendo hardware holds up against the PS4's first few weeks on sale in Japan.

As Kotaku pointed out late last month, Switch sales actually were on the up tick in March, nearly doubling during its fourth week out in Japan.
    [​IMG]
    The Switch has been selling-out week after week, and its numbers have been doing better than when the PlayStation 4 was launched a few years ago, as you can see from the above chart that was recently complied using Japanese sales data for each week for both.
    Of course these days, Japanese sales are not important as much to watch, but its still amazing to see how badly PS4 is doing over there!

NEWS SOURCE: The Nintendo Switch Versus The PS4 (via) Kotaku

Comments

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Apr 20, 2017.

1. 95
      drwoogie

drwoogie Loyal Member

So let's compare the numbers between these two when the PS4 launched at $100 more. Nintendo will eventually lose steam on the console sales. Yes I own the switch and I wish I would have waited. Zelda is great and it's the only game out of the 15 that I even enjoy. However, Nintendo needs to get multiplayer and an online service going now. Not in the fall.

2. 212
      DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

thing not worth bragging is that nintendo have always had a strong hold in the japanese market, now nintendo let us see your sales for other regions and ohhh shit we know what that will be.

end of the day nintendo consoles are always like a fast sprint, you do good but you fail to keep the momentum going, as soon as its WOW factor dies down it will soon become a dead system with nothing but shovelware shit.

fuck we already have nintendo recycling MK8 to the switch.

thing is, nintendo love to brag how fast it can sell, but give it a year or so the sales then drop, unlike sony/ms these consoles prove to keep a nice steady figure going, but i highly doubt the switch will take over the last gen consoles.

and when sony/ms release their next gen consoles, watch the switch be abandoned by third parties (if theyre even on board now) as again they will invest in the new hardware thus again leaving nintendo with fuck all but its same old shit they keep recycling over and over.

I completed Zelda within a week or so and thought it was an utter pile of shit, now as with all my other nintendo consoles, it sits collecting dust with fuck all to play and has fuck all lined up.