hit tracker

The Tegra 210 Bootrom on Switch dumped by Team Reswitched

Discussion in 'Underground Nintendo Scene' started by GaryOPA, Oct 15, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Oct 15, 2017 at 6:22 PM
  1. 24,466
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    Another Major Step In Figuring Out The Internals And Finding Exploits On The Nintendo Switch Hybrid Console!
    [​IMG]

Recently, scene developer 'SciresM' reported on Twitter that the Tegra 210 bootrom has been dumped by hedgeberg and haxandeor of Team Reswitched, which is good news for the Switch scene, as things are moving forward fast since the last big v3.0.0 exploit news.
    Another week, and more good news in the growing Switch scene, so stay tuned for the very latest as news continues to flow in! :)

NEWS SOURCE: Le Bootrom du Tegra 210 dumpé par la Team Reswitched (via) Logic-SunRise

Comments

Discussion in 'Underground Nintendo Scene' started by GaryOPA, Oct 15, 2017.

1. 941
      DSpider

DSpider Loyal Member

They're pretty smart guys. I'm sure they'll figure it out. I just hope they figure it out by Christmas. It would suck having a new toy without Mario Odyssey (which will most likely come with 3.0.2+), so a spoofing method would be most welcome, because I'm sure as shit not buying that game otherwise, if it means closing off a potential vulnerability by updating past 3.0.0. Guess I'll have to stick to Zelda BotW (without the DLC :(), Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon 2, for now. Or until a method of dumping the cartridge and removing the firmware check comes out. Then I'll gladly buy more games for it. I still have PS3 games that I haven't even taken the plastic wrapping off yet!

2. 24,466
      GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      @DSpider -- Playing Super Mario Odyssey has been ruined for me, since YouTube Nintendo Speedrunners have attacked the 'demos' kiosks installed at big box retail stores, and have basically speed-run thru the whole game now, and posted videos of it.