Thinking about getting a new psp

Discussion in 'PSP Game Ripping, Custom Mods' started by Infinite_zero, May 5, 2012.

1. 71

Infinite_zero Loyal Member

Feb 17, 2007
    That one place,near the street,and the water....
    So, regrettably, a while back I sold my PSP1000 to my cousin as I needed some cash. Now I'm thinking of getting another one and I'm not exactly sure which model would be best to get. I'd like to play a select few PSP games but mostly this would be for PS1 games on the go and emulation. I googled it and I know that all the way up to the GO can have CFW, but I have a few questions.Firstly, Do I lose anything by getting a GO model, aside from UMD support? A local game store is selling pretty much all PSPs for the same price, so its not really a matter of price. Secondly, is there any way to have CFW permanently on the GO? I have seen the ones that you start up after every hard reset and this may sound dumb but it seems stupid to do that when I could just have it always on. What would some recommend on this matter, permanent or self start? Thanks for the help.
  2. 13,423

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Aug 24, 2007
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Page:

might pay to wait a short while since it looks like there may be a new full cfw for all psp's, if so then a 2000 offers a good screen and familiar shape as well as video out and umd, the 3000 screen is a bit of a "marmite" screen some love its brightness others hate its stripy nature, decide for yourself, the go is more pocketable but wont run any umd's you buy, it can also be a little more uncomfortable in extended periods of use because of the weight of the screen being placed above your grip a little like the issues some had with the phat ds.

just avoid the psp 1000e, looks ok but really cheaply made.