This Mechanical Keyboard Is for the Ultimate Nintendo Fanatic

Discussion in 'Retro Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Dec 11, 2016.

By GaryOPA on Dec 11, 2016 at 3:47 PM
  1. 23,144
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    Hyperkin is mostly known for its Retron series of emulator systems that play practically any old cartridge game.

But the company also makes loads of other retro gaming hardware. The Hyper Clack Tactile Mechanical Keyboard is what happens when a keyboard and Super NES become one beautiful peripheral.

[​IMG]

When it comes to Retro Gaming, there is one thing normally left out the 'keyboard', sure we have tons of Retro Gaming Controllers, but there is also 'retro classic home computers', and emulators for many of them from TI99, to C64, to Amiga, to MSX, to Atari ST but the one thing there is always missing from some good old retro-school programming is the feel as you are typing in 2,000 lines of Assembly or BASIC code to see that weird ball bounce and spin across the screen.

Keyboards today, suck when it comes to that, they are flat, no click, no bounce-back, no feeling to them, but no longer are we left out, us retro-coders, can now feel at home with a nice fully clicky mechanical keyboard just like the old school days of typing for hours! :)

So what do you think are you going to add this retro keyboard baby to your last-minute xmas shopping list?

NEWS SOURCE: This Mechanical Keyboard Is for the Ultimate Nintendo Fanatic (via) Gizmodo

gDrive likes this.

Comments

Discussion in 'Retro Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Dec 11, 2016.

1. 4,100
      gDrive

gDrive Not Your Mommas Tranny Staff Member Clean-Up Crew

Home Page:
      Man, that color scheme makes me drool with glee haha!

Seriously though, I like the look of the keyboard, and I would probably be stupid, oops I mean happy enough to buy it! :p