TomTop Help Please.. What should I do?

Discussion in 'General Buy / Sell / Trade' started by ToolPunkXS, Sep 2, 2017.

1. 2
    ToolPunkXS

ToolPunkXS Loyal Member

If this isn't where I should post... If you know where I should go for help... If you have the answer to my problem... Please help and Thank You!

I purchased a Drone from TomTop. I waited a whole month for it to come. I flew it only 5 times. It is now defective. During the 5th flight it beeped and did its emergency landing like when the battery is low. I go over to get it and immediately I can smell electrical overheating. I took out the battery and let it cool down for a while. When I put the battery back in one of the propellers started spinning real slow.... I hit the stick to fire up the propellers and 3 of them spin at top speed, while that other just spins real slow... Even days later it still reeks of electrical overheating.

I contacted TomTop Customer Support through email twice and left a message with Customer Service twice. I have not received a response from them at all. Is there something I am not doing to get ahold of them in a better way? Are they deliberately not responding? Am I to think this is a bad company and I should cut my losses? Should I not be entitled to a replacement of a product that defected so soon?

2. 2
    ToolPunkXS

ToolPunkXS Loyal Member

In a 5th attempt to contact TomTop I followed the bellow guide found on their website. Supplying them with my customer info, pictures of packaging and videos documenting the fault. Under their Return Policy & Guarantees guide they state "We will usually offer you a refund or send a replacement as soon as the problem is confirmed. Sometimes you may need to ship the defective item back to us for free repair service or a new replacement. Customer should cover the return shipping fee, and TOMTOP is responsible for the shipping costs of arranging reshipment by air mail." So, I do hope this finally resolves the issue and I can do business with them in the future.

Fault 01

Fault 02

Return Policy & Guarantees
    What should I do if my products go broken after a period of use?

If you encounter quality issues within the warranty period you will be covered. Every product has a specific warranty period (If it is not stated in the product listing, contact us via email to [email protected]).

In this case, please kindly provide us with proof as below:

1. The photos of original TOMTOP package with front and back sides
    2. The photos or video of the defective item(s)
    3. The photos, video or screenshot showing the malfunction of the defective item(s)