Tutorial : How to install PSN Games for the Cobra ODE

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by freddy75, Oct 8, 2013.

1. 421
    freddy75

freddy75 New Member Loyal Member

How to install PSN games for the Cobra ODE.

deank has recently updated his amazing Backup manager to support folder creation under dev_hdd0/game/
    Now it is possible to create the folders needed for cracked PSN titles and allow them to appear on a OFW PS3.

Download the latest version of multiMan here :
    multiMAN 4.50.01 BASE with SHOWTIME4MM (for BD-R and ODE).iso (27MB)
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/q3qcxe

Download and extract the PSN game you wish to install.
    For this tutorial i will be using " Flashback PSN PS3-DUPLEX "
    [​IMG]
    After extraction i am left with two files :
    duplex-flashback.pkg
    duplex-flashback.crack.pkg
    [​IMG]

Open PKGView 1.3 and use it to open main PKG file. ( File/Open/ and navigate to the PKG files )
    Right Click on the main folder at the top of the structure and select Extract to source folder.
    Once extracted do the same for the cracked PKG duplex-flashback.crack.pkg
    [​IMG]

Next we need to merge the two folders.
    Copy the Extracted Crack PKG folder NPEB01417 and paste it over the original Flashback PKG folder NPEB01417.
    You will be asked if you want to copy and replace the files during the merge select OK .
    When everything is merged you will be able to copy the merged NPEB01417 to a FAT32 Formatted USB Stick.

Insert your FAT32 formatted USB stick which contains the files to your cracked PSN game
    in one of the front USB ports of your PS3.

Launch Multiman and navigate to "File Manager / mmOS" and press X
    [​IMG]
    Highlight PS3 Root and double tap X
    [​IMG]
    In the root head to /dev_hhd0/ Double tap X
    Navigate to /game/ Double tap X

You should now see a list of installed folders ( Depending on what you have installed on your PS3 )
    At the top of the list press "O" and you will be asked to "Create New Folder" Press X to confirm
    Then use the "on screen keyboard" to type the name of the game , File name stucture is important
    so i suggest you use the same name as the folder that you unpacked from the PKG file(s)
    (So for Flashback it would be a folder called NPEB01417)

Go back to the root of the PS3 in mM OS and select dev_usb00X (X = the port number of your PS3)
    You should now see the NPEB01417 folder with the cracked content. Press O and select copy then navigate back to dev_hdd0/game/ and select paste by pressing O again.
    Wait for the process to finish copying the files to the PS3 and shut down the PS3.

Next we enter recovery mode to rebuild the data base :
    Press and Hold the PS3 Power button and keep it held down until it turns off .
    Press and hold the PS3 Power button again until the PS3 makes a Two Beeps sound .
    You should now be entering recovery mode follow the onscreen prompts and select the "rebuild database" option.
    Let the rebuild complete and your PSN game should be available under the game section.

*Important notes*
    Some games that need access to other locations still will not work using this method.
    This will only work on games that require all files to be copied to dev_hdd0/game/ folder

Thanks to deank for his work on multiMan and a big shout out to PS3Crunch member kamingrandeu for help on the final piece of the puzzle :)
    Awesome work guys.

Dolle and 00dwan like this.
  2. 250
    bearded

bearded New Member Loyal Member

Awesome walkthrough! You said the drive containing the psh game needs to be in fat32 format, NTFS doors not work?

3. 421
    freddy75

The front PS3 USB ports does not support NTFS drives and must be in FAT32 format.
    I'm 99.9% sure of this but you can test it for yourself.

4. 250
    bearded

Well, it definitely explains why all the NTFS drives I've plugged in aren't recognized!

5. 421
    freddy75

That limitation may of been lifted for those running Custom Firmware but on OFW we are stuck with FAT32 :(

6. 303
    parenghames

parenghames New Member Loyal Member

wow!! this is great, freddy! so will this work on dlc as well? if yes, you might need to update the tutorial or merge this forum together.

7. 7
    allanyyb

allanyyb New Member Loyal Member

Freddy, thank you for your great work.

8. 1,107
    deank

deank multiMAN Developer Loyal Member

Home Page:
    multiMAN supports NTFS if you create a proper USB.CFG file with the PID/VID of your ntfs drive. It should work on OFW, too. The difference with CFW setup is that on CFW mM is able to detect the pid/vid and may not need USB.CFG.

Jock O'Strap likes this.
  9. 421
    freddy75

Yes , you could use this tutorial for DLC aswell. Infact the reason why Cobra ODE users wanted folder creation in multiMan was to create a folder for "The Last of Us DLC" and thanks to deank it is now possible and fully working.
    I'm always happy to help out whenever i can. I hope you find the posts useful allanybb.

10. 7
    allanyyb

problem

when i got home, i tried "Moon Diver" in first time.
    It's a cracked PSN game, in pkg form.
    I extracted it by pkgview 1.3, then created a folder named "NPUB30345" in the /dev_hhd0/game/ with mM 4.50.01.
    then copied the extracted folder to ps3.
    then i rebuild the data base.
    Now i can see the "MOON DIVER" under the game section.
    But when i run this game, i got a "80010017"
    there is a original disc (God of War Collection) in the BD drive.

what can i do next?

11. 421
    freddy75

I've not tried Moon Diver and i was struggling to find a link for it so i could test it myself ..... If i find it i will give it a try.
    *EDIT* The only links i can find have all been modified for 3.55 FW .... Perhaps you have a modded version of the PKG file.
    If the NFO file asks you to install a fix or edat file to location /dev_hdd0/home/00000001/exdata/ then it will not work either.

In recovery mode Try restore file system then rebuild database and see if that helps.

@ Forum staff .... Thanks for my 2nd Sticky :)

12. 250
    bearded

@freddy - is it at all possible to get PSN games working by not installing to internal HDD?

Can isos be made from them, or does mM have a feature (maybe not working yet) that can spoof an external HDD to look like the internal drive?

I ask because I only have a 20gb internal drive in the ps3 and between games installs and saves, there is little room left.

13. 421
    freddy75

Sixaxis have recently released several PSN games in ISO format and the 3k3y Ripp3r tool has a option to convert PSN games into ISO format.
    They can be played from the external HDD without installing.

I'm not sure that all games are compatible with this method but the ones from Sixaxis seemed to work great.

The following are available :

Skydive Proximity Flight USA PSN PS3-SiXAXiS

Ms Germinator EU PSN PS3-SiXAXiS

Lone Survivour The Directors Cut USA PSN PS3-SiXAXiS

Hotline Miami USA PSN PS3-SiXAXiS

Braid USA PSN PS3-SiXAXiS

3D Ultra Mini Golf Adventures 2 USA PSN PS3-SiXAXiS

Urban Trial Freestyle EUR PSN PS3-SiXAXiS

You will need to extract the ISO using winrar then rebuild the ISO with GenPS3iso.

14. 250
    bearded

I got the SixAxis Braid version and after rebuilding the iso in Gen it worked.

Could this be applied to non sixaxis releases?

Take game folder structure and build iso in ripp3r using psh to iso option
    Then extracting and rebuilding in Gen?

15. 421
    freddy75

I tried this with the Duplex release of Flashback and i could not get it to work.... It should work, maybe i will try some more games tomorrow.

16. 7
    allanyyb

Is that mean Cobra cannot run PSN games resigned for 3.55 FW?
    So I can only choose PSN games which cracked and base on 4.xx FW?

17. 245
    Grant Houle

Grant Houle New Member Loyal Member

I had the same problem with rain. Followed the tutorial, but when I try to run the game I get error 80010017

18. 421
    freddy75

RAIN = Same error for me 80010017..... Let me test a few things and i will get back to you.

*EDIT*
    I see from looking at the folder structure that the DUPLEX release of Rain does contain modified EBOOT's and a ORGINAL EBOOT.BIN that needs to be renamed *Sigh*
    There is a EBOOT inside of the original PKG , One inside the USRDIR of the crack PKG and one more renamed to EBOOT_org.BIN

The replacement SFO seems to be unmodded.... I tried switching the EBOOT.BIN Files with the originals without success.

Did anyone try to convert this to a ISO using the 3k3y Ripp3r ?
    Try with all 3 Eboot.bin files (Seperatly) and rebuild with GenPS3iso.... It might work.

*EDIT*
    I'm trying a few other things but so far no luck .... So frustrating when the Duplex version of Flashback works perfectly but their release of Rain fails.

*EDIT 2*
    I created 3 NPEA00394 folders using each of the 3 EBOOT.BIN files. I copied each one to the PS3 - 2 failed with the error number 80010017 and one said i needed a updated licence to play.

So the Eboot is not the issue .... One of these Eboots should work.
    multiman failed to copy over the files on the first attempt giving a error message and aborting the transfer.
    I switched to CAFM and the folders copied over fine but still does not work.

*EDIT 3*
    I have officially given up on trying to get this game working lol

19. 245
    Grant Houle

Grant Houle New Member Loyal Member

So it wasn't just me. Frustrating...

20. 421
    freddy75

I tried almost everything .... The game looks good aswell , Maybe someone will get it running.