UNOFFICIAL: Cobra ODE SWAP Disc (NON-DMC) Tutorial For 3XXX and 25XX Series

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by khalkedon, Sep 5, 2014.

1. 25
    JPDC

JPDC Loyal Member

thank you, will serve until cobra dmc arrive.:smile:

khalkedon likes this.
  2. 289
    Abkarino

Abkarino Loyal Member

Senior Software Developer
    Home Page:
    Nice find @khalkedon, when @magento talked about Cobra DMC first time i thought about this way to cheat the drive motors to eject the disk without PS3 know, also i think that you can test the old PS2 swap trick also and i think it will work ;)

khalkedon likes this.
  3. 25
    JPDC

JPDC Loyal Member

what happens if you use 5.5v ????

4. 107
    khalkedon

khalkedon Loyal Member

Home Page:
    If you use directly 5.5 v it may weaken the gears of rom in the time then break the gears. Also if you use 5.5v, the gears make irritating voice. I don't offer directly 5.5v.

JPDC and mdgame360 like this.
  5. 289
    Abkarino

Abkarino Loyal Member

Senior Software Developer
    Home Page:
    I think that we can make a small pcb that contains an MCU to automate this process, also i think that we can trigger the swap event by using the signal send to eject button in 4K consoles from the Cobra 5.10B JTAG Adapter or even the old serial port Rx pin in old models.

6. 440
    slimozis

slimozis Loyal Member

Please correct the video and add a procedure to remove a disc from the drive what you described and not deigned to show on video.

7. 107
    khalkedon

khalkedon Loyal Member

Home Page:
    I couldn't understand exactly what you meant?

If you mean preparing the SWAP disc you can find in this forum, please search it. This tutorial only interested with swapping method. The other interested subjects you can find in this forum.

8. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Staff Member Clean-Up Crew

He means the note @4:11 in your video.

9. 107
    khalkedon

khalkedon Loyal Member

Home Page:
    I read the text but I didn't see passed any detail. Please read more careful.

"Quote from 4:11 in the video: Firstly press original eject button on the console then eject the disc via DPDT switch. "

If I'm not correct please warn me again.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2014
  10. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Staff Member Clean-Up Crew

No he wanted to see that in the video itself, not explained by text but showed to the people how you do it.
    That's what he meant. =-)

11. 122
    az-shabrani

az-shabrani Loyal Member

cant find the 7586 voltage regulator there must away around to not use it maybe another power source

12. 115
    Leanleon93

Leanleon93 Loyal Member

Any regulator regulating down to 3,3v should work.

13. 122
    az-shabrani

az-shabrani Loyal Member

guys plz advise why my ps3 doesn't request the swap disk am on 4.60 and ode fw2.2
    cobra browser loads up i choose a game the game loads up i run it and get error immediately no colorful flashing
    i did the convert the games to 4.60

nvm i forgot about the cobra.cfg settings
    its require swap 4 times and GTA V gives FFFFFFF error

14. 440
    slimozis

slimozis Loyal Member

That's what you are doing such a video to show everything and not write about it. I want to see the whole procedure. As it comes out of the game to the XMB, everything from beginning to end.

15. 18
    mdgame360

mdgame360 Loyal Member

Repair Shop,Reseller Cobra ODE in Thailand

see on my signature but this video is Thai Language

How to use SWAP DISC Cobra ode PS3 cech 3xxx online 4.65

khalkedon likes this.
  16. 107
    khalkedon

khalkedon Loyal Member

Home Page:
    Oh God :) Really I couldn't think this will be a problem :) If who wants to see same procedure please watch from 3:06 one more time, what a wonderful idea, isn't it :)
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuo2rp0TMOo&feature=player_detailpage#t=186)

You can try different voltage regulator. I explained my trouble to my supplier then he offered me 7586 and I used it. Please take advice from your supplier. Normally I want to give you an idea about this subject but really I don't know what sould be!

I hope you are not scold me friend ? :) This is my best, it doen't come more further. If you can make it please here you are!

17. 440
    slimozis

slimozis Loyal Member

Here, too, there is what I wanted to see how the game turns off and removes the disc from the drive? I want to play in the next game and then what? I want to finish one and play the next one and that I was missing on these videos. And I still question what happens when the game is running and I press DPDT switch at this time as the disc rotates ??

18. 115
    Leanleon93

Leanleon93 Loyal Member

Just dont press the switch while the disc rotates. I think nobody will test this but in theory it can destroy your drive.

19. 440
    slimozis

slimozis Loyal Member

The creator of this solution should warn you not to do. If it can happen it should be written on the first page in bold text: Do not switch if the disc is spinning.

20. 107
    khalkedon

khalkedon Loyal Member

Home Page:
    I had explained on the video but I type here too.

Playing next game:

Suppose when you are playing GTA V then you bored and decide to play Gran Turismo 6. When you are in playing GTA V, press to original eject button on the PS3. After that eject the disc via DPDT switch in the disc. Then turn off the console and send the original disc via DPDT switch (on turn off mode you can use the DPDT switch, because electric is on posistion everytime for DPDT switch). Then turn on console. Select the what you want game (for example Gran Turismo 6). Follow the lights of Cobra ODE. Wait till see the blue-red blinking (don't make anythink, only wait). Then wait coming the green and blue blinking. After see green- blue blinking eject the original disc via DPDT switch. Then send the SWAP disc via DPDT switch. At last you will be run the game.

Note: Normally no need to turn off console for playing next game but sometimes needed. The reason is; SWAP disc 5 minutes later stopping :) If spinning don't eject because you will hear a noise.