UNOFFICIAL: Cobra ODE SWAP Disc (NON-DMC) Tutorial For 3XXX and 25XX Series

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by khalkedon, Sep 5, 2014.

1. 4
    Vorbis

Vorbis Loyal Member

Sharing info about voltage regulator and (FFFFFFFFF)

Firstly i would like to thank khalkedon for showing us his video on manual dmc

So here goes, what voltage regulator khalkedon is using was 7586 VR. I dont know why the last digit of is VR is 6. Based on what i found are 7XX5 5volt VR. You can get this on any kind of electronic shops. I recommend buy the cheaper one, WHY?... Because some of the 5volt VR has a minimum drop out of 0.5volt. If the if your input voltage is 5.5volts the output would become 5volts, so its not 3.5volts. So its best to get the cheaper that had higher minimum dropouts.

Based on khalkedon wiring was like this

Left PIN (input -)
    Center PIN (output -) ----> to switch (-)
    Right PIN (none)
    Top Common (none)

On mine is

Left PIN (input +)
    Center PIN (input&output -) ----> to switch (-)
    Right PIN (output +) -----> to switch (+)

So both of them works fine.

Now on code FFFFFFF.
    For some reasons i always get this if the game im playing had an update like for example Tekken T T2. When i tried to install it first the game perfectly runs. And then when i turn of the console and unplug it. And the next i've got is the code FFFFFFF. Like WTF, LOL... The game runs before and now it wont?. What i did to bypass the code FFFFFFF, i let my boot disk run to PT mode then go back/quit to xmb and then i turned off(not unplug). Then i switch back to Emulation mode on the back switch. Then the game runs perfectly.. Although the ode would first ask the boot disk - swap disk - boot disk - swap disk..

And thats it i hope this helps or maybe theres something wrong on my ODE.manager.type=browser

this is the config that i am using:

bypass.4.55=1
    games.encrypted=1
    eject.on_selection=1
    eject.add_menu=1
    manager.on_reboot=1
    eject.delay=2000
    bypass.delay=15000

Leanleon93 and SDeath like this.
  2. 115
    Leanleon93

Leanleon93 Loyal Member

My wiring is exactly the same as yours. And I get 3.3v on the switch as it should be. But can anybody tell me if this works with any ode version.

3. 107
    khalkedon

khalkedon Loyal Member

Home Page:
    EDIT:

After DPDT switch installation please read this file for creating the SWAP disc and error solutions: http://www.team-cobra-ode.com/downlo...lish)_v1.2.pdf

If you get errors launching the games not interested with my method because my method only interested with mechanism, it's only for sending the disc into the PS3 and ejecting.

If you get errors like 80010017 or FFFFFF please search the existing topics, all the offers and solutions are in the maxconsole.com.

mdgame360, Leanleon93 and SDeath like this.
  4. 25
    JPDC

JPDC Loyal Member

Khalkedon method works for me 100%

fw = 2.2

model = 3011a

khalkedon likes this.
  5. 38
    enzo729

enzo729 Loyal Member

Couple of questions, I'm also using a 7805 voltage regulator.

The center pin (ground) should be soldered to the Ground wire coming from the power supply and the left pin (input) should be going to the toggle switch right?

7805.gif \

The little blue flex that we're supposed to disconnect, is it located inside of the Blu Ray rom or somewhere else? I can't seem to find it, (Slim 2001A)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
  6. 22
    lokiko22

lokiko22 Loyal Member

this regulator is valid?
    thanks

7. 25
    megone

megone Loyal Member

I did this and it works for me! I used a 3.3v voltage regulator found on ebay, LD33v
    3vRegulator_1024x1024.jpg

it has different pinout:
    (Left: GND, Center: OUT, Right: IN)
    So I connected [GND] and [5.5v] from bluray drive to [GND] and [IN], then took the 3.3v from [OUT] and [GND]. (Like Vorbis did.)
    I used the same cobra.cfg posted few pages back by mdgame360.

I just wanted to say a BIG THANKS to Khalkedon for this tutorial!

8. 1
    jtoner

jtoner Loyal Member

CECH2001 version - no blue flex

I don't have this little blue flex coming out of my drive either. I've wired the switch to the eject motor but don't know what to do next. I have heard something about cutting a white wire to the drive which controls the eject motor but don't really want to go cutting wires without confirmation!

Thanks. I have a Slim CECH2003a.

9. 47
    riuka

riuka Loyal Member

hello you can post a picture of your setup? I would also like to use your method, but I did not understand much about the configuration

10. 38
    enzo729

enzo729 Loyal Member

It was in fact inside of the blu ray drive on my model. It's the tiny little flex cable, once I disconnected it, the switch started working.

11. 4
    dfhenicka

dfhenicka Loyal Member

Help me. Hardware installed correctly. Three situations occur with different sets
    1 I insert the discBOT and I get the error message 80010017
    2 I insert the SWAPdisc and get the message 80010017
    3 The screen is on the xmb only disappear the icons and get another message.

I use extra energy with a cell phone charger.
    All games that happens this has been worth the eboot, ISOTOOLS
    cobra.cfg have seen here
    cobra 5.10b
    FW cobra 2.2 fixed2
    PS3 3011b

12. 23
    AndreOde

AndreOde Loyal Member

Had this to once. Check whether all flatcables are connected correctly from and to the ODE.
    Can you play a disc in the "non" ODE mode??

13. 23
    AndreOde

AndreOde Loyal Member

The proposed voltage regulator is not easy to find. What I did is used 3 diodes in series. It reduces the power too!!
    Its simpler.​

14. 4
    dfhenicka

dfhenicka Loyal Member

yes, in emu mode (Selecting the PT mode in the browser) and pt the game works.
    Reconnected the cables without success.
    Use the BLES00773. I do not know the brand of the SWAP disc.
    I'll record another disc swap (dont have a BD drive).
    Any other suggestions before I do this?

15. 44
    juan_cuerdas

juan_cuerdas Loyal Member

Propietario, Internet 20 Mbs, Recargas Electronica
    Sorry for my English I speak Spanish and I'm using the google translator .

I do not understand you connect the voltage regulator ground wire what would be the function to connect in this way ? I understand that you need to lower voltage 3.3v 5.5va . But you proved that indeed the regulator 3.3v eject ? that when connected in this way I do not see the function , I am not technical but I think that as you are connecting to does not make sense.

16. 23
    AndreOde

AndreOde Loyal Member

This is also what I was struggling with. This is why I use 3 diodes in series. This reduces the voltage also nicely.....

17. 40
    SINNER666555

SINNER666555 Loyal Member

ok well I have the setup exactly as you I have a 3001A and a board v3 I updated it to 2.2 I made a swap disk but when I use the swap disk I still get 80010017 im using some kodak bd-r idk if the problem lies there or some where else can someone help me the console is still open so I know that everything is plugged in right and receiving power

18. 23
    AndreOde

AndreOde Loyal Member

1] When you insert the swap disk, can you hear that it is read normal? The disk is not spinning up and down? If yes you still got a disk read problem. According to me verbatim BD-R works. No spinning disk..... Maybe clean the lens (I did this...)
    2] Check your .cfg settings
    3] Shure you converted the iso correctly?
    On a NTFS disk:
    - start with Original ISO
    - unpack with extract ISO
    - check whether game is correct using ODE ISO check tool, use the IRD from Cobra_ODE_Bypass download to check
    - genps3iso
    - convertps3iso
    - When you have FAT32 USB disk split the ISO
    - Copy the game to your USB disk.
    - Move the old version of the game to other folder be sure you select the correct new converted game!!
    - I use genps3extra after that.
    - Update .cfg file on the disk with the needed statements, because genps3extra changed it.
    4] Insert the bootdisk, Remove power from PS3, remove usb disk. Plug in power, wait for red LED, plugin USB disk wait for green led. Switch PS3 on. Select game. Red blinking leds must appear, do nothing, When green blinking insert swap disk, when red blinking again insert boot disk again after that, green blinking insert swap disk...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2014
  19. 40
    SINNER666555

well iv googled ode isocheck tools I cant seem to find a place to download them the disk does spin im using red dead redemption as the boot disk but still nothing I am able to run the boot disk through passthrough mode iv converted a couple of games though the converter and still nothing so the last thing is its either the disk or the isos that use to work back on 4.55

20. 40
    SINNER666555

so I thought it was the disk and I had a better copy of red dead the game of the year edition im using the special edition as a boot loader well aanyways I got the game of the year edition to load but after that one boot it didnt want to anymore I got the error again got it to load once thats all I got some sony bd-r for this time around but still keep getting error why did it work once and not the others?