Vita HBL Homebrew loader, how the release will happen

Discussion in 'Underground PlayStation Scene' started by GaryOPA, Feb 6, 2012.

By GaryOPA on Feb 6, 2012 at 12:34 PM
  1. 22,252
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    PSP homebrew developer answers questions regarding the PS Vita HBL project

[​IMG]

As the release of the PS Vita comes closer to the big world-wide release, alot people are wondering about the PSP emulator exploit that been turned into a HBL (aka) 'Homebrew Loader' that runs on Vita

So there you have the low-down on the status of the HBL now being called VHBL, but this update was posted before Sony just released 1.6 firmware, no matter what I think it going to be tough battle between getting the 'exploit' out, Sony patching it, and sites reporting the news, as no matter Wololo's plans it is 'hot subject' which is being watched by everyone.

Future VHBL download page: http://wololo.net/wagic/vhbl/ via Wololo's Blog

NEWS SOURCE: How the release will happen (via) Wololo's Blog

Our thanks to 'Stevetry' for another news tip!

Comments

Discussion in 'Underground PlayStation Scene' started by GaryOPA, Feb 6, 2012.

1. 13,414
      billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Home Page:
      most obvious way is launch the software and get people to join a mail list then after a couple of weeks to let everyone who wants it download it email them all the name of the game so they can download it before sony can patch it.

2. 4,436
      JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

I really would hate to have to pick between running homebrew emulators on a Vita and playing any new games or being online....

Of course for far cheaper if you just wanted HB you could get the A380, the specs are about twice as good as the PSP's I think.

http://dingoo-digital-usa.com/produ...72427D21D0C3384CD7D.qscstrfrnt01?productId=52

3. 3,170
      kcvfr400

kcvfr400 Loyal Member

Honestly if you want to play homebrew get a caanoo it has a nice Amiga emulator and is the most user friendly out there or the yinlips ydpg18 if you can get the so called dual core 1.5ghz new version. I have a feeling its going to be like ps3 in that if you want to play the games designed for the sytem then don't bother or you miss out on trophies and online play and spend more time reading and messing with updates than playing.

4. 4,436
      JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

I had never heard of those two systems (looking them up now!) lol Thank you!!!

Yeah the only way to really enjoy the Vita or at least having any hope of enjoying it properly is to jump through Sony's endless hoops and have a very open mind and wallet.

I just finished looking up those two, my god that second one looks amazing, I was able to find a place to buy them 120$ is a steal! It goes on the list lol

1.2Ghz cpu 400Mhz GPU 512MB's of RAM. Yes please! lol

Edit: After digging around a bit I watched a video for the JXD S7100, looks fun too! Android powered Cortex A9 CPU capacitive touch screen (the screen looks huge but it could be just little Chinese peoples hands, they make everything look huge lol)

That could be the tablet thingy I would get... Looks like it does everything and the kitchen sink.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2012
    5. 3,170
      kcvfr400

kcvfr400 Loyal Member

I am eyeing up the yinlips myself have read many decent reviews and youtube vid's. I own a caanoo and it goes down a storm with the kids for mame and Amiga finally I get to enjoy a decent handheld emulator.

6. 4,436
      JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

I think I am gonna get that JXD S7100 myself, for the price its even cheaper then the 3DS or the Vita and for my purposes does like 10X more. Hell looks like in a pinch the thing could be a replacement for a laptop.

7. 26,565
      Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Staff Member Clean-Up Crew

I don't say a cfw but, I hope sony can give the possibility to run homebrew on ps Vita. If no, I hope Hacker will breack this barries. Quad Core processor, touch screen and much more can open a new world for homebrews.

8. 2,653
      kneehighspy

kneehighspy Staff Member Clean-Up Crew

Early Retirement, Relaxation
      Home Page:
      i'm still loving my Pandora handheld for homebrew, gaming and tons of other stuff. yeah Pandora is relatively expensive, but with all the emulators and games i have on mine, it's totally worth it to me.