What hardware do I need for my version PS3 and OFW?

Discussion in 'Official 'Cobra ODE' Support Forum' started by SDeath, Aug 22, 2014.

1. 4,823
    SDeath

SDeath Staff Member Clean-Up Crew

What hardware do I need for my version PS3 and OFW?

As there are a lot of questions now concerning what everybody needs for their setup I made this thread to make things easier and more clear what everybody needs for their setup and what the implications are for upgrading to a higher OFW version.
    Point as much people to this thread so everybody knows.

Usage: Select the type of PS3 you have, you can find this information on the back of your PS3. Then select the OFW version you have or want to have and see the implications and what you might need to buy or borrow in order to make it work.
    You can find the OFW version of you PS3 when you follow these steps in the XMB: Settings - System Settings - System Information.

Disclaimer: There can always be some errors in this thread and I will do my best to update it with all the information that I know. But I will not be held responsible for any information you find in this thread.

- COBRA ODE full version (v3.00 - v3.10 - v4.20 (non QSV) - v4.30 - v5.30)
    - Bootdisc (original game that's in the supported database: http://www.team-cobra-ode.com/downloads/Cobra_ODE_Supported_Boot_Discs.pdf).
    - External HDD or USB stick that holds the COBRA files and game iso's.

- No other requirements

- COBRA DMC
    - BluRay Burner or access to one.
    - BD-R or BD-RE disc (http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_fo...t-Discs-BD-R-RE-media-no-SWAP-working-games-))

- COBRA ODE full version (v3.00 - v3.10 - v4.20 (non QSV) - v4.30 - v5.30)
    - Bootdisc (original game that's in the supported database: http://www.team-cobra-ode.com/downloads/Cobra_ODE_Supported_Boot_Discs.pdf).

- No other requirements

- COBRA DMC
    - BD-R or BD-RE disc (http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_fo...t-Discs-BD-R-RE-media-no-SWAP-working-games-))

- COBRA ODE full or QSV version (v3.00 - v3.10 - v4.20 - v4.20 QSV - v4.30 - v5.10 - v5.30)

- No other requirements

- COBRA DMC

- COBRA ODE full or QSV version (v3.00 - v3.10 - v4.20 - v4.20 QSV - v4.30 - v5.10 - v5.30)

- No other requirements

- Solder a wire from ODE to doorswitch on v3 and v4 ODE, on v5 connect the cables to the doorswitch

I hope this helps you guys and makes things clearer in what the implications are if you upgrade to the latest OFW 4.60 version and what you'll need to buy extra.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2014
  2. 136
    unkn0wn.92

unkn0wn.92 Loyal Member

the QSV boards can't be installed on 2k and 2k1 Mobo's as they are different

SDeath likes this.
  3. 4,823
    SDeath

Your right, I fixed the error.
    Thanks!

4. 13
    Emre Biyikli

Emre Biyikli Loyal Member

i updated my cobra ode v3 to 2.2 and updated ps3 to 4.60. and now it gaves me errors when i want to play:(

i have cechh fat model (40gb) do i now need the cobra dmc and swap disc?

5. 24
    Akito_Asakura

Akito_Asakura Loyal Member

Engineering Student
    Emre, read the first post, as you did this update, you now need to wait until the team (via magneto or homepage) posts all the info about the new DMC.

6. 214
    pichotas

pichotas Loyal Member

Oh dear, always read the complete thread before Updating !
    Now you have to Buy the DMC, Plus a Bluray Burner and Bluray disc's !
    Well, with a fat, you can always go back to 4.55 or to CFW.

7. 13
    Emre Biyikli

Emre Biyikli Loyal Member

how can i go back then? with the e3 you mean i guess?

8. 24
    Akito_Asakura

Akito_Asakura Loyal Member

Engineering Student
    Yes, E3 flasher is the best option in those cases

9. 105
    yonut32

yonut32 Loyal Member

Thanks Seth(cause that's what I call you SDeath)really appreciate it.

10. 9
    Otaku76

Otaku76 Loyal Member

Hello people. I want to buy cobra ode so maybe SDeath can help me. I hope this is nice place for this questions :) First of all must say that my console is similar like yours , it is cech 3001A. So, I want to play game offline and want to use games without swap disk if it is possible. As I read from this topic, I can buy cobra model 5.30A and use official 4.55 firmware. I have a lot original games from list you wrote and my question will be may I use that discs like swap without restarts or swapping power cable, I want to keep one original disc always in console and play games like people playing in RGH console on xbox360. Is it possible to do that? I hope you understand me :) I want to power on console and easily surf on my HDD and fast to open every game??? And what about new DMC chip and maybe new model, is that good or require more swap ??
    Ty in advance on your answers and my apologize because Im a noob in this cobra world :)

11. 81
    MOTLEY679

MOTLEY679 Loyal Member

All together I have wasted $500+ into my ps3 give it some thoughts before you do.
    figure out if you will need to burn blu ray disc Im not sure for you I believe you have a slim that wont need that. But if you do you will need a blu ray burner and special disc...and also you will find that that's more costly, if you have a laptop you can by a blu ray burner that's an external. honestly give it some thought you will need to get an external hdd for best uses with cds get a 1tb hdd to never have to worries about anything. you should only need one cd. now how to do those cd I have no clue what exactly you put on them I know what you use but that's it
    I have genps3iso.so talk to the more professionals to seek more knowledge but if you cant get ahold of anyone pm me what your trying to find and ill tell you what I know .

Otaku76 likes this.
  12. 4,823
    SDeath

With your configuration you have the best available OFW 4.55 is the best to have on a Slim as it would require NO swap disc.
    If you clicked the buttons in my opening post you would have seen there are NO extra requirements needed.
    So no Swap Disc, No BluRay burner, no DMC needed.
    Just the ODE with an external HDD.
    And you can change games with only the press of a button. You can't game online though.
    So you can install game updates, but never ever update the console itself!!
    You can buy the v5.10 or the v5.30 the v5.30 is more expensive as it's for all consoles, the v5.10 is only for consoles that require soldering so less connectors and cables supplied so cheaper.

Otaku76 likes this.
  13. 9
    Otaku76

Otaku76 Loyal Member

Thank you people, you helped me a lot. So, v5.10B will be ok, and I found this http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Chin...sion-For-P3-Slim-2K5-3K-4K-E3/1627420036.html. I hope you talking about this one :) Ok, and with this chip I will be able to play all games in offline mode as you said without swap. What about new game which require 4.60 or more? Is there solution to play that games or I will be limited to play only game with 4.55 support? Almost I forgot to ask important question about that model v5.10B and heat. Do I need to keep open ps3 or that chip have not problem with heat?

14. 4,823
    SDeath

That's the right one indeed.
    No need to keep the PS3 open.
    You can change the games that require 4.60 or higher to work on lower OFW versions.
    You'll need to change files and resign some files in order to make it work.
    But it's possible yes.

Otaku76 likes this.
  15. 9
    Otaku76

Otaku76 Loyal Member

Ty,ty. Now I know what need to do :D

16. 81
    MOTLEY679

MOTLEY679 Loyal Member

Okay. Let me warn you about the people on Ali Expresses. do you know what a China Reseller is? usually its faulty parts that were never intended to be sold,yet and were bought and resold as cheap. by the way it says- '' Estimated Delivery Time: 15-26 days (ships out within 30 business days)''15 to 26 days is when it leaves his store. So that's when it will finally leave his store in Hong Kong. Then you will have to wait 30 days after that all together about two months, yet you are taking a chance of faulty parts, coasting yourself more cash.

I ran into this issue and was sold to me as official. If you are able to check out windy city repair, if your not able to solder, They will do it for you and put a personal warranty sticker where the Sony one was one was and that's for a year if anything wrong happens with the ps3/ode due to having a ode installed..if you are trying to get your money back to go differently and cannot????

Then I suggest to make sure the ode has a tracking Number. So you can prove it came or never came.(a lot of places your ode will travel)given yourself some personal insurance and some sanity...Im not hear to freak you out.. just help you out

Otaku76 likes this.
  17. 9
    Otaku76

Otaku76 Loyal Member

TY MOTOLEY679, I will order chip from secure source near my country :) It is little expansive but does not matter. Which is a good price for 5.10B anyway?

18. 81
    MOTLEY679

MOTLEY679 Loyal Member

Well that I really don't know.. I did pay 90 for mine and ended up having to add 50 bucks to that due to the 5.10 board was defective and my installer happened to have a 4.20 board. All together 200 pulse 298 for my ps3 brand new. I would recommend maybe talking to windy city repair they will exchange it if there is a defective part "that I know of". You can also call him to give yourself personal insurance before you purchase. https://www.wcrepairs.com/en/playstation-3/79-ps3-cobra-ode-qsv-for-2k53k-and-4k4k2-pre-order.html

it appears that's in stock. appears to look like its an older board. But like I said id give him a call to insure what your getting. I added up shipping also its about maybe 120 to get the board pre order the shipping and your shipping your ps3 of for 12 bucks. and I mean you get a one year warranty. I've also seen some ps3s with cobra ode installed on EBay for 200.but your looking to spend possibly a lot. Just trying to help you out,

Happy Gaming
    -Motley

19. 3
    DeeJaY-RainY

DeeJaY-RainY Loyal Member

Photographer
    Hello everybody !
    I have a 3004B Data Code : 1C and I wanna will know if Cobra ODE QSV is working on this console.
    Thanks !

20. 4,823
    SDeath

Did you even look at my opening post in this thread?