Where to get the dreamcast self boot patcher that works with windows 10 64bit?

Discussion in 'Support For All The Other Retro Consoles' started by deltax5, May 20, 2017.

1. 142
    deltax5

deltax5 Loyal Member

Ya that looks amazing actually. Only problem you need a V1 console to do it. I got no idea what version I have since I got mine used and that sticker was removed on mine. You can't pree order this at the moment it's down. But from the video the it looks like it's easy to remove the cd reader lens. I gotta check if there's replacements on ebay. But the seriel number is still there.
    https://gdemu.wordpress.com/installation/gdemu-installation/

Didn't read the artical thru, does the games still need patching with this?

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  2. 142
    deltax5

deltax5 Loyal Member

The seriel number is DU940436440. Hope someone out there can help me find what version DC it is.

3. 142
    deltax5

deltax5 Loyal Member

I just found a 700mb cd and burnt power stone 2. It was a hacked version didn't know it was the jap version. SO i guess there all patched and bootable on http://www.theisozone.com. I did get some warnings at the end of the burning but it starts up fine.

4. 142
    deltax5

deltax5 Loyal Member

Is there a cheeper place to get the sd card reader that's not sold out? Also is there capability issue's with games? Ebay has it for almost 800 bucks and since I live in canada even more.. Im better off just getting my laser replaced if it dies and deal with the laud noise.
    Also are philips considered a good brand for cd's? Their prob better then Verbatim and the no name one's I came across wile on ebay.

Back in the day I was I didn't have much money and used low quailty cds, would It help If I re-rip them?. Tried my old copy of 3ed strike and it took awile to load up. I don't know if it's the image or the cd but the fresh copy of power stone 2 booted up faster.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  5. 142
    deltax5

deltax5 Loyal Member

Man that VGA box is so worth it. My old samsung was defective and showed vga box yellow for some reason, for my old pc it showed up good. IDN it works fine now :) on a different TV. Only down side is the sound is throu a AUX cable

6. 142
    deltax5

deltax5 Loyal Member

I do still notice a sort of tint when displaying the dreamcast logo for some reason. I do remmember working perfactly using s-video thou with my old tv. My newer tv doesn't even have s-video. My new tv is a crappy tv thou. Got it when 4k tv's were expensive and this one was so cheep.

7. 23,894
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    all of newer tv's, do a crappy conversion of the analog composite signal to the digital needed for the tv.

If your tv has VGA port, then i suggest getting the VGA adapter for your dreamcast.

8. 142
    deltax5

deltax5 Loyal Member

Thats what i have a VGA box. It has some sort of tint when showing the dreamcast logo. But looks grate otherwise. The box has S-video to and it shows perfect, white. Maybe my vga box is defective. other connections are good also

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017