Xbox One: Delivering More Choices for Fans

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, May 13, 2014.

By GaryOPA on May 13, 2014 at 5:02 PM
  1. 21,883
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    No more Kinect, Only $399 Now, and No more paywall for 'streaming' apps like NetFlix

Just weeks before E3, Microsoft has done another huge 180 on their Xbox One Marketing plans, by dumping Kinect finally, and removing Xbox Live Gold from its apps, and dropping the price to $399 & more

[​IMG]

Lots of people are wondering why Microsoft didn't wait until E3 for their big Press Conference to announce the huge changes to Xbox One , so they could hype up the 'listen to consumers' on stage and rape in all the free mainstream press coverage, but instead they decided to silently leak out the huge changes via MajorNelson and other blogs, and they are big ones.

• No More Kinect.
    • Xbox One to be only $399 Now.
    • And no more paywall for Netflix, Twitch and other key apps, all FREE now.

Besides the above there is bunch of other changes listed below, and it seems M$ wants to remove that growing gap between their rival PS4, and even tho E3 is 5 weeks away, they can't afford to wait and allow that gap to get any bigger, and now going all-in to win this next-gen console war, with E3 being solely focused on their huge exclusive line-up of new games due to be release thru-out 2014/15.

Here is what Major Nelson said about the sudden changes to Xbox One:

Major Nelson ends his blog post, with the fact that Kinect will be available soon by itself for those that wish to jump into the Kinect experience this Fall after seeing the awesome power of Xbox One console by itself, without the game enhancing power of Kinect.

So what do you think about the sudden changes, and doing it a month before E3, will it make Xbox the winner over PlayStation?

NEWS SOURCE #1: Delivering More Choices for Fans (via) MajorNelson
    NEWS SOURCE #2: Microsoft to remove Xbox Live Gold paywall for streaming apps (via) EuroGamer

Comments

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, May 13, 2014.

1. 4,436
      JonathanD

JonathanD New Member Loyal Member

This is very cool news for Xbox fans!!!!

On one hand I am not sure I would have announced this before E3, this seems like it would have been a show stealing move?

But on the other hand if there is some sort of announcement that Microsoft knows about that we the public do not and they are worried it's an even bigger one that might be the reason for blowing this load early.

This is turning out to be one of the most interesting E3's in a while :)

2. 819
      WoIverine

WoIverine Active Member Loyal Member

Wow, are we seeing the end of motion control gaming unfold? It has always been poorly implemented in games anyway.

3. 6,303
      tech3475

tech3475 Likes to Post Loyal Member

Sorry if this sounds fanboyish but this is something that should have been done from the get go, especially no longer having apps behind a pay wall.

Also, having used an Xbone after being leant one, I didn't find kinect "important" to the experience, I only used it for security and any voice recognition should be possible via a headset (a decent one mind you). That said, right now on Amazon a kinect bundle costs £379 so you're only saving £30 in the UK.

Hopefully though this move will keep the competition up, because I think the last thing we need is Sony having a real lead.

JonathanD, DEDDOA and Artlover like this.
    4. 1,258
      Artlover

Artlover <b>Bad Ass Mother 4000, Twice as Fast as your Ass! Loyal Member

Hospital maintenance
      Miami, Fl, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Universe
      Home Page:
      {faints}

{gnrrr}{cough}

What just happened? MS giving in to customer demands.

Hahaha, of course not. We all know this is because the XB1 is selling like chocolate coated turds, and is reluctantly doing what they need to do to move units. Obviously, they had to carry over some of their actions to the Xbox360 as well (like eliminating the paywall for many apps), otherwise the 360 users would have raised hell.

Any who, it's starting to look a lot more palatable to buy now. I'll decide once I see Halo5 and GOW4. As for now, still happy with my 360.

5. 389
      sped

sped New Member Loyal Member

You know what, well done Microsoft for doing something right. This is bang on track, f#£k all the Xbox haters and bitch moaners.Great to see games for Gold coming to Xbox one too. Let the battle commence!!

wewii likes this.
    6. 166
      Penner

Penner New Member Loyal Member

Finally, took them long enough. Although the ps4 has a good head start and more power, hopefully from now on, the games will decide which console is better and nothing else. This is the way it should have been from the start.

7. 1,792
      Ichijoe

Ichijoe New Member Loyal Member

Still a better bargain then that Move Gary's trying to flog for only $7,995(USD).
      Heck sign me up for Three of 'em!

8. 21,883
      GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      The payment system is 'fucked' up as such a super-high price was put on it, to stop people from clicking 'BUY' until the problem is resolved! :)

9. 13,366
      billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Home Page:
      so now xbox one is just an underpowered ps4 without ps4 voice recognition capabilities?

live gold has become ps+ with games for gold on xbone joining ps+ titles as rentals that die if your sub lapses and apps like ie, video services, skype and onedrive no longer being paywalled.

10. 1,395
      IJTF_Cinder

IJTF_Cinder Starts to Post Loyal Member

Home Page:
      Still not buying...I'm back to PC gaming. To hell with BOTH systems, I might pick one or both up for exclusive franchises I liked on previous systems, once systems hit the sub $200 mark...but until then, fuck you both Sony and MS. Neither get a reprieve from me for their consumer retardation last gen(Sony) and this gen(MS).
      And as a result, I WILL be cancelling my Live subscription once I have no use for it on my 360 anymore.

11. 888
      wewii

wewii New Member Loyal Member

I'm excited about the free games for Xbox One :)

12. 1,237
      Misfit

Misfit New Member Loyal Member

Exclusive discount probably means that cost of xbla digital games will be closer to the U.S prices.

13. 4,436
      JonathanD

JonathanD New Member Loyal Member

Sony keeps leaking cash the way they have been and you might get a PS4 for $50 when the stores put them on clearance.... I almost got a Vectrex that way but my Mom wouldn't go for it. :( So would have enjoyed that thing.

kneehighspy likes this.
    14. 82
      advancedarcade

advancedarcade New Member Loyal Member

A little to little to late. I have 3 Xbox 360's in my house. Its a long story of how they got here, but me and the kids love to "play us some zombies". The point is, I didn't own a single Sony console.

I bought a PS4 because of the specifications and the rave reviews of the PS + program. What a great ride its been. Got a PS+. Saw all the free PS3 stuff. Bought a PS3! Well, cant miss out on VITA stuff.... got one of those cheap too. I have so many damn free games..... I will NEVER catch up. So Ive made my choice this generation and Im extremely happy with it. Why would I get an XBOX One? 90% of the games come out for both counsels. So I miss the next Halo.... that sucks.... but not $400 sucks. If they would of done these things from the beginning I would of stuck with MS.

PS- The Netflix behind a paywall was always stupid.

Ichijoe and rednekcowboy like this.
    15. 389
      sped

sped New Member Loyal Member

This site sure does bring out the Xbox bitch moaners! I guess Microsoft cant do right for doing wrong with everyone on here. I mean people moan that Xbox shouldnt have Kinect and its useless. Now Microsoft take it out and everyones still moaning haha.
      I think Nintendo should do the same now, get rid of the ifad and box the the Wii U with and a joypad, and make it cheaper.

16. 5,609
      Battlefield

Battlefield Posting Addict Loyal Member

Home Page:
      You can cheer all you want, but its not as good as it sounds.. now atleast. The price difference is only ~10% with and without Kinect. Thats pocket change compared to total price.

I don't think Xbone will sell much better anyway, because there is too many other issues with it.

What is MS gonna do about this crap in Xbone? These is the major issues for me with Xbone. I never cared if Kinect was bundled.

- Underpowered hardware.
      - Its a 720-900p console
      - Bloated with TV crap
      - Only 420.GB with auto delete
      - Mandatory installs.
      - You can't upgrade the HD

And... Lack of must own games.

Sped: Kinect and price tag was never a issue with me. If Xbox One was an upgraded Xbox 360, i would already own XBone.

I would normally bought both PS4 and Xbone already, but #1 issue is lack of must have games on both.
      As for Xbone it have too many drawbacks in OS too.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2014
      Artlover, Ichijoe and rednekcowboy like this.
    17. 1,257
      rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy New Member Loyal Member

Personally, I think there must be some major news coming from either Sony or Nintendo at E3 and Microsoft is just trying to beat them to the punch! I hope this starts a price war between them. If I can pick up either console in the $250-$300 range, I might just buy both but I refuse to pay $400 for either one when all there is out for them is multiplayer-online games.....and even very few of those at that.

Until any company shows me some originality, none of them are getting my cash (well the Wii U did a long time ago, but I even bought that used lol).

Ichijoe and Battlefield like this.
    18. 5,609
      Battlefield

Battlefield Posting Addict Loyal Member

Home Page:
      MS knows that Xbone struggles to sell more than slow selling Wii U.

MS is well aware of Mario Kart, and that it sold 34 million copies on Wii.
      Mario Kart was maybe the best selling Game on Wii...Beating Mario and Zelda. Not counting Wii Sports and Fitness.

They know its released before E3. They also know that N will finally use loads of money on marketing.

"X" will be shown
      New Zelda at E3
      Smash Bros
      Pokken Fighters
      Bayonetta 2 (gone gold) could be a sleeper hit.

New Metroid ??
      Starfox by Platinum Games ??

These titles should scare both MS and Sony, but its more than this.

The Devil's Third It went totally quiet after the dev showed of Wii U features.

If it was still multiplatform, then why would the game suddenly become a secret?
      No, its not cancelled. It have been 3 years in the works so far.

19. 26,553
      Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Staff Member Clean-Up Crew

Now Ps4 and Xbox one have the same prices, but for the same price Ps4 rest the best console. Xbox one to sell need to arrive on 299$ or need a mod for piracy, without one of this two thing Xbox one will be a faliure.