Xbox One Is the More Popular Console on Facebook

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Jun 23, 2014.

By GaryOPA on Jun 23, 2014 at 9:49 AM
  1. 21,844
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    In United States this map shows, Xbox One on the coasts, PlayStation 4 in the heartland.

PlayStation 4 sold 7 million units to date, putting it well ahead of Xbox One’s 3 million units, but for some reason Microsoft’s console is winning the popularity contest on Facebook.

[​IMG]

Microsoft may not be selling great numbers in the USA, but they are winning the 'social network' war, by getting more 'Likes' on Facebook then their next-gen rival PlayStation 4.

So what do you think is reasons that XB1 has more 'social' likes then the PS4 even tho the actual sales figures paint a different picture?

NEWS SOURCE: Xbox One Is the More Popular Console on Facebook in the United States (via) GameSpot

Comments

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Jun 23, 2014.

1. 5,608
      Battlefield

Battlefield Posting Addict Loyal Member

Home Page:
      If its true, its still #3.

Means Facebook stats don't mean shit.

2. 21,844
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      Maybe if FaceBook had a 'dislike' it would win hands down also.

The problem with Facebook is there is only a 'Like', so if someone posts something bad about a product, and you agree with their hate towards it, you going to 'Like' the post, so this mapping of 'Likes' is stupid because it could be millions of 'Likes' on all the Anti-DRM hate posts from last year before Microsoft did a 180 turn-around.

JonathanD and Battlefield like this.
    3. 141
      Nintendo

Nintendo New Member Loyal Member

If you don't like a Facebook post you have two choices:

1. Don't hit the like button.
      2. If you hit the like button by mistake then hit that button again to dislike it.

I see no problem here. The PS4 have a higher popularity but i think is a mistake to think that people do not like the XB1 as there are many XB1 fans out there. Whatever we like the PS4 or the XB1 that's a personal decision but that doesn't reflect the choice of others.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
    4. 1,257
      rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy New Member Loyal Member

Well I own both and I can honestly say the PS4 is the more superior system by miles!! Xbone is slow, the main menu system is a cluttered mess and trying to look for games on xbox live is just painful. Game loading is twice that of the ps4, no progress bars so it looks like the system locked up. Forget about cold boots. I can go out for a smoke and come back and I'm just starting to get into the main menu. If I would have paid full price for the Xbone, I'd be severely pissed off! :D

AlbedoAtoned likes this.
    5. 1,237
      Misfit

Misfit New Member Loyal Member

^ Ditto, Do gamers actually use face book anyway?

6. 21,844
      GaryOPA

Media:
      Design Eng.
      Home Page:
      Yes, gamers are on facebook playing Candy Crush after upgrading from playing Farmville.... :)

7. 38
      guily666

guily666 New Member Loyal Member

This news are a big F***ing LOL bull_head.png

BECAUSE ASSBOOK IS SO BADASS................................. (NOT) black_eyed.png

ps: If I had a nuke, I would aim it to facebook servers. That's how much I like Facebook.
      Keep Cool

GaryOPA likes this.
    8. 1,237
      Misfit

Pet rescue Saaaaaagaaaaaaaaa, It's easy to play, Just match the colors and save our furry friends!

9. 5,608
      Battlefield

Home Page:
      People even hit Like button when someone have died.

I don't use FB much myself, because i got tired of reading about people looking for socks in their closet, and what they have for dinner.

guily666 likes this.
    10. 26,553
      Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Staff Member Clean-Up Crew

In USA is normal, Microsoft is an American Company...go in Japan and you see will be Wii...I think in the world the most brand know is Play station.

11. 13,362
      billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Home Page:
      i saw someone claim that the reason xbone won is because ps4 and wii u owners were too busy playing games on their consoles to bother with facebook

Artlover, guily666, GaryOPA and 3 others like this.
    12. 5,608
      Battlefield

Home Page:
      Actually it sounds like a small joke, but might even be true thinking of it. After all, its a cable box with loads of apps where 90% is for USA.
      FB is probably integrated into half of it.

With so many people bored of FB, it can just happen that most of them use Wii U and PS4 too. Wii U don't even have FB, but works in its browser thou.

13. 5,956
      DEDDOA

DEDDOA Likes to Post Loyal Member

The game selection must be even more piss poor than the tumbleweed libraries of the PS4 and Wii-U if people have to fill their time on a games console with something as dire as facebook. One more reason for me to leave this .5 beta gen well alone for a couple of years at least if Facebook anything can rate as console news as opposed to real games console news, mind you not that I needed any more reasons with how pityfull all 3 are at present and for what seems the next 12 months at least (there are one or 2 games for each but nothing that warrants the included cost of the console to get, I want 20+ worthwhile games before I even consider buying one).

lol says something about the games when I even forget I have an unboxed Wii-U sat in the kitchen loft waiting on a decent PC hack (tho at this rate it will be off to my brothers for his kids). Mind you the games front is lacking everywhere at the mo, I am getting more use out of 5+ year old games at present than newer ones.

It just stuns me how truly dull this gen is.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2014
      gDrive and Artlover like this.
    14. 38
      guily666

guily666 New Member Loyal Member

LOOOOOL

That's a cheat, I mean, Xbone won't even have competition on this generation, IT's THE BEST CONSOLE EVER MADE (say's facebook).

Come on, that's not fair, please stop playing games on your PS4 and Wii and come make some competition with the Xbone on facebook for console war.

ps: Everyone will be so busy playing PS4 and Wii that Xbone will simple not EVER have competition on this generations (everyone's disconnected from facebook to claim their console). IT IS THE BEST, simple as that. ASSBOOK ALWAYS WINS smiley_simmons.png
      Keep Cool

15. 5,956
      DEDDOA

DEDDOA Likes to Post Loyal Member

What games, that's probably the reason PS4 and Wii-U owners haven't been on Facebook, no games to play so they are likely playing on their PS3 and/or 360, the XBone probably only gets used on Facebook while the adverts are on when they are watching TV on it :p

16. 5,608
      Battlefield

Home Page:
      There is a game drought on all consoles. Wii U less, because of 1 year advantage and montly releases with bigger titles each month until end of year, and several biggies in 2014.

Sony makes obscure low selling exclusive games too like Nintendo, because the big selling franchises is funding them.
      Thats a good thing with big milked titles.

Multiplatform have become more boring than ever, so the most important thing is exclusives.
      Exclusive games dare to try somethinng new unlike third parties.

As for third party retail games, its dead boring.

Assassins Creed 10-15???
      Battlefield 10 (BF Hardline)
      Call of Duty 13???
      Rainbow Six 10?
      Transformers 10?
      Tomb Raider 10? (The previous retail was awesome)

Neither N64, GameCube or Wii needed to rely on third parties. Its nothing new that alot of milked franchises don't hit Nintendo.
      A big title third party struggled to sell over 1 million on a 100 million Wii market, which says "F*ck off" to third parties on Nintendo.
      Wii basically only needed 1st party games to sell 100 millions.

Nintendo is on right track now with exclusives on Wii U.

- N64 was bound to fail because of Carts, but didn't.
      - GameCube was bound to fail because of 1.5GB DVD's..but didn't.
      - Wii was bound to fail because of controls and hardware. But didn't.
      - Wii U was bound to fail because of hardware, but we know that exclusive games sells Nintendo consoles.

Sony is in more bad shape than ever for exclusives when they shutted down companies, lost exclusives companies and fired alot of people.
      Thats why there isn't that much big titles exclusives announced for PS4.
      On PS3, they had loads of game devs and no games. <- Were all game devs on vacation for 2-3 years after launch?

- PS4 will still most like be #1 due to combination of hardware and games.
      - Wii U #2 as it already outsells Xbone, but also have more big title exclusives than Xbone coming up.

"FaceBook TV 720p" would be a suitable name for Xbox One.

Xbone hardware is atleast as disliked as Wii U, which won't help its sales. Lets not forget that its basically a 720p console like 360, but with some better gfx.

Overall the market is not as good as it used to be, because most third parties don't have balls to try something new to attract people.
      When Call of Duty Ghosts was closing in on Wii U version online 2 months ago, it shows how fast people is getting bored of COD on 360 nowadays. Its down to only 20.000 players now and then online. Where is the days with 100.000 players at all times in COD on 360?

Trivia: Call of Duty Games on Wii U have more players online than Killzone on PS4.
      Killzone died fast after launch, and have less than 1000 players online. The game was never finished before launch, and thats why online is so bad. Sony tried the Battlefield 3/4 method, and failed.

17. 1,257
      rednekcowboy

rednekcowboy New Member Loyal Member

I have to admit that I've already bought more games for my PS4 than I have for my WiiU. Killzone, COD, BF4, Madden25, NBA2K, UFC, Daylight and Outlast (all used with the exception of the last 2 but I bought those on sale on psn) and a couple of others......just saying that I think the PS4 launch was much better than the WiiU's launch, though admittedly I am not that big of a Nintendo 1st Party Fan. I got the WiiU mainly because it was supposed to have third party support.

My Xbone, have barely turned it on since I bought it.....My oldest plays Dead Rising 3, that's about it.

18. 1,237
      Misfit

Facebook, the introduction to technology for the masses, Oh wait, That was the iphone.

19. 102
      somenutter

somenutter New Member Loyal Member

Even though most of you logged in to post hate for Xbox, I still have a certain amount of hope it will be good in the end, Got quite a few nice games coming to look forward to,

I agree that PS4 Got the hardware right compared to Xbox, But I still like the way it's all laid out, And you could hardly say either of the consoles are a touch on their predecessors, Both of them are underpowered compared to what they should of been, I suppose that's why I've been on my PC a lot lately,

I hope the next two are a massive improvement, Otherwise it's going to be hard to leave PC

Unfortunately for me , I have been given no choice but to buy an Xbone due to the fact the Master Chief collection is being released and I'm a Halo whorebag :smug:

DEDDOA and Battlefield like this.