hit tracker

Xbox One X is Microsoft's next games console

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Jun 11, 2017.

By GaryOPA on Jun 11, 2017 at 6:22 PM
  1. 24,465
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    Available November 7th and Priced at Only $499!

After months of speculation, Microsoft is unveiling its “Project Scorpio” games console today, and it's officially named Xbox One X.
    [​IMG]
    The World's Most Powerful Console is finally here, and its been named Xbox One X as Microsoft says X always stood for POWER.
    Microsoft is planning to launch the Xbox One X on November 7th worldwide and liked rumored earlier it will be priced at $499, with their older Xbox One S will be now priced at $249, after this week's $199 E3 Week-long special is over, and lastly besides being the 'The World's Most Powerful Ever Console', its also the 'The Smallest Xbox Ever'. :)

NEWS SOURCE: Xbox One X is Microsoft's next games console (via) TheVerge

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017

Comments

Discussion in 'Xbox Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Jun 11, 2017.

1. 1,086
      Anil8tr

Anil8tr Loyal Member

Looks like a lot of thought went into the choice of what to call it.

2. 6,564
      tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

On the surface it seems quite impressive, albeit with vague CPU/GPU spec.

That said, given the lack of exclusives and cross compatibility, I'd rather buy a new CPU than an Xbox One X (something allot of PC gamers who also use consoles may be thinking).

Compared to their other 'sequel' names (360 and One), this seems pretty tame in comparison and fits with the 'mid gen' thinking.

That said, I do think that console makers should stop using their codenames externally or stick with them, I know someone who today said 'I'd rather wait for Scorpio', when I discussed the Xbox One X with them.

3. 643
      soulbwoy

soulbwoy Loyal Member

This name is problematic if you ask me, X rhymes with S and I can already see the confusion and disappointment come holiday season. I wouldn't be suprise if it sells poorly because of the name confusion.