hit tracker

2DS doesn't boot after Gateway Fast-Boot mod

Discussion in 'A9LH & Custom Firmware Discussion' started by siem, Apr 29, 2017.

1. 3
    siem

siem Loyal Member

Hi, first a small rundown on what I did:

- I was on 8.3.0 and used the go.gateway.com method to launch gateway. Never used EmuNAND
    - Then I activated EmuNAND and updated it to the latest version. All using the guides on the Gateway homepage.
    - Then I followed the Gateway Fast-Boot manual and followed the steps closely. Everything went without a hitch. I upgraded to 10.3.0 and back to 2.1.0 and then activated the A9LH installer.

Now my 2DS boots as follows: The first thing I see is the Gateway Logo and then I get a black screen. It does recognize when I've the red card inserted or not.

Pressing the L-button doesn't do anything, can't get to options or anything to restore my SysNAND. Any options that I've left? Anything I can try?

Edit: Select and L did the trick to get to the options menu of Gateway and there I restored my SysNAND. Oh my, sorry for starting this thread.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  2. 3
    siem

siem Loyal Member

Hmm, I'm still stuck at probably the very same thing. After restoring my sysnand, I can boot the 2DS normally, but when I try to boot Gateway using the go.gateway website, it's also stuck at a black screen after the logo appears. Exactly the same thing as before. Any ideas what this could mean and what could fix it?

3. 3
    siem

siem Loyal Member

My EmuNAND on my SD card went corrupt I guess. Swapped out with a different card, clean with just launcher.dat and it works again. You can close this thread.