hit tracker

3.60+/DEX ComPATibility List

Discussion in 'PS3 Game Ripping, Custom Mods' started by PatrickBatman, Sep 23, 2012.

1. 358
    Nikola87

Nikola87 Loyal Member

Congratulations Patrick! It was easy? I am about to start now the conversion!

2. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

PatrickBatman SCENE MOD Loyal Member

I got RE6 to work off a thumb drive the first time, of course PS3GEN took an hour to build/burn it, but worth the wait.

3. 358
    Nikola87

Nikola87 Loyal Member

And as we never has so much to make the fix? There is a faster way?

4. 2
    ruthlesscwb

ruthlesscwb Loyal Member

im on 4.21 firmware im not using bdemu im mounting game folders---------also ive been messing with the ne pup gui I have an idea
    if you pick dev_flash it allows you to see data/certs is there anyway to switch the certs and repack the pup creating a 4.21 dex firmware with psn? if I could repack the pups I could do it

5. 221
    Omnomnom

Omnomnom Loyal Member

I never suggested that you were using bdemu. I said mmDM, which is mounting game folders.

6. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

Nikola87 a tip:

Instead of using the console to format external HDD which will make 46GB partitions no matter what (unless of course drive isnt divisble by 46 like mine 32GB so it made 32GB partition, if drive was 80GB it would one 46GB partition and one 34GB partition), use PS3Gen to format.

By default PS3Gen will make 4 partions instead of 1, thus my 32GB would be formatted to roughly four 8GB slots meaning i could put 4 games on there, each no bigger than 8GB.

If you get aldostools start_ps3gen then you change this to any number you want (up to 255) thus changing the size.
    Example I wanted RE6 and Sleeping Dogs on my thumb drive. Re6 about 10GB and sleeping dogs 7GB.

So you put start_ps3gen in same folder as PS3Gen pick the number slots, I picked 3 thus 32GB/3 slots= about 10.6GB per game
    then ps3gen will open after you pick # of slots in start_ps3gen
    pick command>BD Emulator HDD Utility...
    pick your external drive your using, then Format HDD for BD Emulator...
    this will format it whatever slots you picked in the last step in start_ps3gen

Then you can build your game like normal but instead of writing direct to ext, write an .emu file to computer
    You can then use Open BDEMU HDD Manager to write this .emu to whatever blank partition you want and name it.
    Set default will make that the game that shows on ps3 in XMB game column.

Havent tried this in multiman yet, as from what I gather you can set the default in there or maybe even in mmDM (still learning :))

Before when I formatted on PS3 which i think gave me one 32GB slot (partition), so when i add a slot in BDEMU open manager and tried to add a game it froze, cause RE6 was already on the 1 partition of 32 gb. Im almost certain this is how it works.

EDIT: Just wondering if we can size each partition independently so there not all the same size, but im guessing not.

UPDATE: Well Open BDEMU HDD Manager froze when i tried to write the second game to the next blank area, however re6 wrote fine but took up 2 partitions when it shouldnt, when i check the drive in ps3gen bdemuutility it showed like it should RE6 and 2 more partitions, so now im going to try and write sleepingdogs through Ps3gen bdemu utility rather than Open BDEMU HDD Manager as its glitchy, might also have something to do with me not putting any text in the memorandum space in the write emu dialogue in Ps3gen, not sure. still testing :)

7. 358
    Nikola87

Nikola87 Loyal Member

Thanks Patrick, but i use a external hdd 500 gb, for now I'm already arranged, i started playing RE6, cabbage the first part has left me say to all the time 'but what the fuck' then arrived and the home screen with the heading RESIDENT EVIL ... 6,
    I said 'oooh' :D
    is a little strange but seeing multiman and kmeaw, start the games in this way without a loader, is an effect a little nostalgic :D

8. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

Now I get this error Write error in LSN 31, err_no=00052100 it happens when i try to put my second game on my drive with 3 10GB partitions the game is only 7GB

9. 69
    lol

lol Loyal Member

some1 know title id for Sorcery - DUPLEX ? Any patch for DEX/CEX ?

10. 30
    x0re

x0re Loyal Member

BCES00819 / No update, no eboot fix.

11. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

Well i just read you cant directly make an emu from ps3gen (even though i did) you have to download one that came off a disc or make one then put it on the disc then extract it off disc, you think this is my problem with that error below?

(Write error in LSN 31, err_no=00052100)

12. 358
    Nikola87

Nikola87 Loyal Member

Patrick, but six managed to get RE6 or not? I haven't figured out yet..

13. 4
    scurry

scurry Loyal Member

Couple questions:
    Can I play any 4.21+ game as long as it has an update?
    Can I play retail/legit 4.21+ game discs, or is a fix/update/patch needed?
    Can I play a 3.55 game (that I currently have working on kmeaw) from a BDEMU partition, or is mmDM the only way?
    Can I play 4.21+ games with mmDM (with or without an update)?

Thanks! I've been out of the scene for a year and I'm just trying to get all caught up and understand all the limitations/caveats before I do the conversion :)

14. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

#1 Usually, if theres anyway to get them to currently run on dex thats the way (debug FW rules from #2 apply below as well)
    #2 yes as long as the debug FW is the same as the game or higher
    #3 BDEMU yes if game has an update
    #4 yes, but needs an update and is still BDEMU but works through mmDM/MM

im new to this DEX stuff as well but im sure most if not all of this is correct

15. 4
    scurry

scurry Loyal Member

Thanks. Things are getting a little clearer.
    So there are some 4.21+ games that don't work yet even though they have an update?

Edit: Researched some more. So the way I understand it is I can play any game up to 4.20 with mmDM as long as it's patched for 3.55, and the only time I need to use BDEMU is A) it's a 4.21+ game, or B) there is no 3.55 patch for a <4.20 game. Is that right? BDEMU can play 3.70-4.20 games without a patch as long as there is an update?

16. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

yeah basically

17. 114
    kilkip

kilkip Loyal Member

this has nothing to do with all that, this error is due to "bad partitions" even though it made 4 partitions on that 32GB USB stick, it fails writing on the second, and in my testings, with a 32GB bdemu it's normall that the ps3 formats to 1 partition only using the full space, otherwise edit the gen3.dll and adjust each slot/game to the correct size of that game, anyway that error is caused from writing to a partition that's either to "small"/messed up with the other partitons/unknown file system(writing on partition where it cutsoof and uses the "rest" space of that drive, or something ;)

edit gen3.dll to 0A on a 1TB drive and all 10 partitions work mounted from PC/ps3gen, the "memorandum" isn't required either

how about multiman dex and mounting the games, it's so quiet about it, i bed nobody has succesfully mounted all of them via multiman, would save us some time

edit:
    Great list there btw...keep it going :)

18. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

So where in the genedll do you actual edit the "fake" size, cause Ive found another way that worked for me got RE6 10GB, sleeping dogs 7GB and another partion open what i did though was Hex edit the hard drive itself. (well thumb drive 32GB) You can size the partion to be the same size of the game on each game.

With this gene dll method are you only able to edit the number of slots or the size of all partions or can you actually edit the partion to the size of each game like i did?

19. 358
    Nikola87

Nikola87 Loyal Member

Lollipop chainsaw has not obtained still no update? :(

20. 2,773
    PatrickBatman

I dont think so havent check, but im sure we'd hear about it. BTW you can use awesome update finder to check yourself.