hit tracker

3DS/N3DS Gateway Ultra Guide

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by SonyUSA, Jan 6, 2015.

1. 83
    SonyUSA

SonyUSA MaxConsole Game Reviewer Staff Member MaxConsole News Team

[​IMG]

Link to official PDF User Manual (O3DS and N3DS): http://scmods.com/gw_guide/GW-3-7-1.pdf

First and foremost, make sure the wifi on your 3DS is kept OFF at all times to avoid Nintendo Update nagging from a pre-downloaded update file unless expressly stated to turn it on. If you do get this nag, you can remove it by formatting your system from the menu, however you will lose all your DLC and eShop titles and, since you are on an older firmware, will not be able to reinstall them from the e-shop on sysnand.

NOTICE: All consoles are supported. They must have original system firmware (sysnand) no more than 9.2

Check this thread if you need clarification on the supported console versions: --> http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_fo...pported-system-versions-for-O3DS-2DS-and-N3DS

NOTICE: This thread and guide is for v3.7.1 ULTRA series and before, NOT for the newer v4.0 & v4.1 and higher BETA's that make usage of A9LH (aka) FASTBOOT

For those series of firmwares please see this: --> http://www.maxconsole.com/threads/gateway-3ds-fast-boot-manual-released-for-beta-v4-1.41899/

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2016
  2. 49
    Soulgain

Soulgain Loyal Member

The faithful has been answered! Rejoice!

EDIT: oh thank god there is a wireless choice for N3DS I can't seem to get the screws out as they seem to re lock after they get unscrewed a bit and it just repeats :(

3. 2
    swizard

swizard Loyal Member

Why does this say N3DS sonyUSA?

4. 11
    birdscool

birdscool Loyal Member

Will the firmware downgrade section be added to this guide once the downgrade packs have been uploaded?

5. 108
    ScarletKohaku

ScarletKohaku Loyal Member

Is emuNAND safe to use?

6. 37
    SpadesMagnes

SpadesMagnes Loyal Member

ok, how safe is Downgrading? I wanna play me some DS games on the blue card

7. 49
    Soulgain

Soulgain Loyal Member

Judging from the attempts by people in the IRC atm, it seems easy as placing a required .DG file (Downgrade file) into what I would presume to be the micro sd so I don't think there is gonna be much of a tutorial however there might be a good readme included with downgrade packages.

8. 83
    SonyUSA

Sure, I'll add it in later.

9. 809
    Nazosan

Nazosan Loyal Member

One thing I'm wondering though: isn't there any way at all for the website part to be made into an offline thing? It seems kind of like it would be something that could be done via a really simplistic portable web server type setup. It's kind of scary thinking "what if the site goes down," "I can't get access to it such as if away from home with no wifi handy" and etc... It would also be handy since one could setup a borked connection setting that can't get to Nintendo's servers and just point to a local IP address on a LAN (or I'm thinking setup adhoc with a laptop for instance.)

10. 17
    AdowTatep

AdowTatep Loyal Member

Well, it does, or it doesn't work with the N3DS?

I read on the site that the new update doesn't work with the N3DS, but here on the forum the guide says it does work.

and then we have
    9c24dc8be7.png

Well, in my thoughts:
    It does work on the N3DS but using that method said on that spoiler button? (instead of removing the sd and etc) and not using the "classic 3ds" button?

i'm sorry, i know it can be an idiot post that you guys probably already knew someone would make but i got confused.

11. 3,760
    lemanuel

lemanuel All-Knowing Lurker [Mod] Loyal Member

Perhaps. That (and other reasons) is probably why it's just a beta. Every useful input will probably be good from now on in order to optimize it as best as possible.

12. 39
    petch

petch Loyal Member

So what about the whole QR thing SonyUSA posted on GBAtemp?

Also, do you have to do that every time you want to use Gateway, restricting use to places you can get an internet connection?

13. 35
    Ele38

Ele38 Loyal Member

It sends me to the home menu when I access the webpage. :(

14. 35
    Vick

Vick Loyal Member

Appreciate the detailed guide for Japanese N3DS/N3DS-LL owner. But, but.. the current ultra 3.0 (as of this post at this time) cannot support them yet? >_<

15. 8
    nick123194

nick123194 Loyal Member

SonyUSA if you can somehow show me the N3DS support I'll praise you.

16. 11
    ileiaharris

ileiaharris Loyal Member

OMG cool.................

17. 83
    SonyUSA

Guide updated with steps for people who are getting stuck on the browser phase.

18. 83
    SonyUSA

Keep wifi OFF and just use your 3DS's sleep mode, don't do a full power down.

19. 108
    ScarletKohaku

ScarletKohaku Loyal Member

It does not as of yet.

20. 8
    gamefighterx

gamefighterx Loyal Member

how do you install without an internet connection like people on planes and such?