hit tracker

3DS/N3DS Gateway Ultra Guide

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by SonyUSA, Jan 6, 2015.

1. 3,760
    lemanuel

lemanuel All-Knowing Lurker [Mod] Loyal Member

did you try to do what birdscool said?

2. 7
    Freenom

Freenom Loyal Member

So... While doing the copy of my nand, my 3DS froze, or so I think. It just have the ">>READING" message, but it won't show an update bar. It's still like this, should I wait, try turning it off and on...?

photo_2015-01-12_22-50-16.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2015
  3. 65
    TheTechShark

TheTechShark Loyal Member

Turn it off by holding the power button.

4. 60
    proton

proton Loyal Member

Same problem, 10 min. just reading then update, I advice to wait.

5. 7
    Freenom

Freenom Loyal Member

I did it. It took time, but it turned off. Turned it on again, and it works. Man, I was worried a second there, ha ha ha!

Sorry, I wanted to quote TheTechShark, but I was still shaking and forgot it. My bad.

6. 641
    urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

EDIT: don't do what I said. If you're not careful you might try to update from eshop after that and it will update your SYSNAND! If you already started updating with a ROM, do NOT try to access eshop before updating through the settings menu first, to bring your emunand up to 9.4.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2015
  7. 3,760
    lemanuel

even before trying what urherenow said, try to run the diagnostics option in GW Menu. Just to see if it detects any problem

8. 641
    urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

Edited my post above. To much risk of someone updating while trying to access e-shop (which will update the sysnand)

9. 603
    quacktony

quacktony Loyal Member

I don't understand why you guys deviate from the instructions for updating your emunand... update by going through the settings as instructed. When going into the system settings to verify that you are indeed using emunand update it right there and then, DO NOT LEAVE THE SYSTEM SETTINGS.

10. 2
    markitor

markitor Loyal Member

Hi,
    I have a sugestion how to Use the Hack easier.
    1. Put the Exploit on an webserver at home.
    2. Edit Conection Settings in the 3ds
    Change to Manual Settings
    Set Ip,Net mask for your home, but set the Gateway to 127.0.0.1
    Now your network at home works since you are in the same Network, but Traffic to the Internet is Blocked,since there is nor route to the Internet.
    Now the Exploit can be done to the Local web server

11. 13
    DoubleCheese

DoubleCheese Loyal Member

Hi guys :)

So what's about NDS backups ? Does anyone knows if it's supported by the gateway ?

12. 809
    Nazosan

Nazosan Loyal Member

Gateway currently can't do NDS backups since it must enter legacy mode (and thus Gateway can't control much from there.) It would have to do some pretty serious modifications of the system software to do it probably. The closest you can do to using Gateway for NDS is to use the blue card on < 5.0 systems that don't block it for NDS games (it's basically a cheap R4i clone. Don't expect the best quality or compatibility as it comes with GW just to get the exploit installed and nothing else.) Note that each time you run a NDS game it removes the profile exploit if you're using that.

You could also use Gateway to install that CIA that modifies the built-in blocklist to unblock backup carts like the blue cart among others. Just... That means modifying the system firmware, so be careful. (Definitely make sure you have a sysNAND backup before doing it.) I personally kind of worry about Nintendo making an updater that checks that file and if it detects it so obviously wrong it could brick a system. (It IS kind of obvious after all...) They probably won't, but that's my paranoia anyway.

Just get a DSTWO. It works even in 9.4. The problem goes away.
    Yeah, people are already doing it that way. There's also a simple app for Android and apparently work started on one for jailbroken iOS devices. I used to have a Raspberry Pi setup as a Linux server on my network for various file sharing and etc sorts of tasks. I should probably set it up to do that again. (In case anyone is unfamiliar with it, the Raspberry Pi is a $35 embedded device that essentially can be like a micro-computer of sorts.)

13. 3,760
    lemanuel

You need a DS flashcart to play them and you can only do it on sysnand.

14. 603
    quacktony

quacktony Loyal Member

This would require firmware 4.5, corrrect?

15. 809
    Nazosan

Nazosan Loyal Member

Only if you want to use the blue card or any other card that was blocked with the update after that. There are a few like Supercard DSTWO (what I most recommend) that still work.

16. 29
    kevinxgrande

kevinxgrande Loyal Member

how would i do that.. so technically to play games online i would need my own country roms?....that sucks :/

17. 8
    lynk

lynk Loyal Member

I've try and are all green.

18. 3,760
    lemanuel

You can play online with a game even if it doesn't match your console's region. You only need to have the game updated (using updates with the same region as the game's original region). Otherwise people with EUR and USA consoles wouldn't be able to play MH4G online right now ;)

This is one case in which it would be better if they weren't. That would mean that the card had some problem. Since they're all green, the cause must be something else.
    Right now what can't you do? Just the emunand update?

19. 2
    blackmarco

blackmarco Loyal Member

I have 2 3ds, the first one is using the gateway 4.5 and the second one 1 is in the latest firmware ... I want to use my retail save game on both 3ds.
    Does anyone know how to upgrade to firmware 9.2 or below?

20. 3,760
    lemanuel

You can a cartridge to update the sysnand or you can use a rom to update the emunand. Games have specific firmware version updates so you only need game that takes you to 8.1 for example (SSB is one example)