hit tracker

3DS/N3DS Gateway Ultra Guide

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by SonyUSA, Jan 6, 2015.

1. 29
    kevinxgrande

kevinxgrande Loyal Member

By update do you mean title update ?...or the rom patcher method. I patched my American version of smash 3ds but it will give me the terms and agreement error...I tried making a bin file out of a Japanese rom and injecting it onto the American rom and nothing...

2. 3,760
    lemanuel

lemanuel All-Knowing Lurker [Mod] Loyal Member

I'll try to explain.
    To be be able to play online, you need to first have a rom that has a header (.3dz) or a cia game (since they don't need headers).
    You can get a rom with a header by dumping your own game or by getting a .3ds rom online, then patching it with the Rom Patcher tool and renaming the extension to .3dz

Once that's done, you can play the game. However games can have updates sometimes and they need to be updated to be able to be played online.

If the game's original region (I say original because even if you have a region free game, you need to know what was the region it came from) is the same as your console's region, then you can access eShop and download the update from there (you must be using emunand updated to the latest firmware in order to access eShop).

If the game's original region isn't the same as your console's region, you can't download it from the eShop. You'll have to find the update online in CIA format and install it that way. The update's region needs to match the game's region obviously.
    Sometimes there's more than one update available for the games (1.1/1.2/etc...) and so you need to be sure that you're installing the latest update and not an older update.

kevinxgrande likes this.
  3. 29
    kevinxgrande

that was very helpfuland thank you for the response honeslty. however i do have a patched version of smash bros U.S rom but its giving the terms and agreement crap :/

4. 3,760
    lemanuel

I believe that sometimes the fix for it is accepting the terms both on sysnand and emunand. But I never had that problem so I can't test it.

5. 29
    kevinxgrande

hmm i see..so its not very common?

6. 3,760
    lemanuel

There has been some users reporting the same situation sometimes in the past but never too often.

kevinxgrande likes this.
  7. 29
    kevinxgrande

yeah i just loaded up my U.s rom wont connect online because of service and agreement issue. the only time it works is when i load up the japanese rom of smash brothers then it will connect with no problem. sigh thanks for your help though i appricate it

8. 809
    Nazosan

Nazosan Loyal Member

Personally, I'm having a problem with the NNID stuff too. Is it really safe to setup the NNID in sysNAND though? They're saying you have to go to the eShop even and get it to pop up on there, and naturally it's going to want to update, right? So at the very minimum you could get stuck with it permanently nagging about an update then couldn't you?

9. 243
    Smoker1

Smoker1 Loyal Member

OK, just for verification, what exactly would happen if you were to try this on a N3DS? Kind of getting antsy I know. But just wanting to know what would happen if I tried. Would it work, partially or not at all?

Edit: I have been looking for anything answering this, and if it indeed does not work, someone might want to tell ModChipFactory that, because they have a few How To's that say it is working. I just dont want to do anything unless it is confirmed and verified.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2015
  10. 809
    Nazosan

Nazosan Loyal Member

The current browser exploit doesn't work on the N3DS. Period. My suspicion is all the tutorials people got ahead of themselves and posted for doing an exploit via the MiiMaker's QR code scanner were actually how it was being done in beta testing for the N3DS systems, but that's just a guess based on the very little info at hand. What I can tell you is that you don't want to mess with this stuff as it could brick your system, so you need to just wait for the actual release.

11. 689
    ksp

ksp Loyal Member

Absolutely NOTHING.
    Myself and tons of other N3DS owners have already tried. The web exploit does NOTHING. The blue card exploit does NOTHING. No partially, no glitching, no NOTHING. Hope that answers your question.

12. 641
    urherenow

urherenow Loyal Member

You can never, ever, use 127.0.0.1 for ANYTHING other than making sure your NIC isn't bricked. It's the loopback address. It tells your NIC to talk to itself...

But yes, you can get it working at home on a local server (via phone/PC/whatever...)

13. 19
    Liyern

Liyern Loyal Member

So I did the thing where I formatted my 2DS (removed the SD card and my Gateway) for the .cia thing where it keeps unwrapping a present on the Home screen. restarted it and now when I go into EmuNAND and launch eShop it wont log in with my ID, also tried going into Nintendo network ID settings but the same error pops up (002-2636) is the eShop down or something? Or was I supposed to do something with my ID before formating the 2DS?

14. 3,760
    lemanuel

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...d-emunand-and-eshop-working-correctly.378275/

Liyern likes this.
  15. 809
    Nazosan

Nazosan Loyal Member

Localhost can be used for multiple purposes such as connecting in on a local service. But the point here is just to give it an invalid address for the gateway so it can't actually get out of the subnet.

16. 19
    Liyern

Liyern Loyal Member

17. 603
    quacktony

quacktony Loyal Member

He's keeping the peace.

18. 4
    atomixluis1523

atomixluis1523 Loyal Member

What happens if I open a game that asks for an update from the eShop with the wifi turned on?

19. 3,760
    lemanuel

You enter the game.
    Now, if you ask what happens if you open eShop when a game asks for an update, you enter eShop.
    So make sure you only do either when you're using emunand.

There's two types of update notifications. System update and Game update. Game updates are fine.

20. 39
    petch

petch Loyal Member

Here's a quick question,

Say on a 9.2 sysnand with 9.4 emunand and they're still linked, if I get a game update whilst on emunand will it also work on sysnand?