hit tracker

3DS/N3DS Gateway Ultra Guide

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by SonyUSA, Jan 6, 2015.

1. 3,760
    lemanuel

lemanuel All-Knowing Lurker [Mod] Loyal Member

Keep in mind also the possibility of not choosing either of those and simply using a CFW which is free and does pretty much the same as a flashcart, aside from supporting roms in .3ds format. You have to use .cia roms instead but it's not really that big of an issue since most people prefer it anyway. And you can get a simple DS flashcart for cheap as well in case you want to play DS roms.

2. 134
    Ashee

Ashee Loyal Member

3. 4
    dean29

dean29 Loyal Member

Cheers mate. I have thought about using CFW i just want to be able to play 3DS games and DS games. Would this be the best way

4. 11
    wildarms

wildarms Loyal Member

Hi there, i have a question, that im sure im not the first one to do... but i've read so much about it everywhere that i just end up a bit more confused, so i registered and decided to ask the question directly to hopefully get a more clear answer:

I've been trying to learn about this for a while but always end up dropping it because i'm just not completely sure of how most stuff work, and get scared when it comes to "meddling" with the sysnand, anyway, I'm a GW emunand user, old fat/XL 3DS, i use the web browser exploit for it when it was just released, i think the ver of my sysnand is 9.2? well its always in sleep so i got to a point where i forgot the sysnand's FW xD but im sure the web browser exploit was in that one.

Anyway I've been wanting to use the blue card to play DS games because my original DS has some buttons failing, but as you all know, it is blocked in the latests 3DS firmwares, i know that it can only be played in the sysnand because emunand doesn't support the DS mode and stuff. And there is actually a way to enable it again that is the bluecardfix or timewarp cias that are around, and my main problem is when it comes to "install a cia" in the sysnand, didnt know how to do it and was scared to try stuff, but i think i kind of have an idea now...

Ok so here comes the main topic xD. I don't really mind anything but enabling the blue card again in the sysnand to play DS games when i feel like it, and just go into emunand when I want it. SO here is what i was wondering if it's possible:

Considering this "fix" is pretty much -permanent- and stays in the sysnand, and i know that i can't boot into GW mode with the emunand in my SD card (and not exactly sure if the classic mode would let me install stuff on the sysnand):

-Could i just get another SD card (not the one i use for emunand), so i can run the GW mode sysnand with the browser exploit. Then im guessing i would run the big blue menu from the red card and then run the bluecardfix cia, fixing then the main problem i have.

-After that just turn off the console, put again my emunand SD card, and be back like i've always been? And since it is permanent i would be able to run DS games with the blue card with the sysnand, while if i want to get with the 3DS games i would just have to do the exploit to get into emunand again like always and that's it? Pretty much never using again the other SD card i used to install the fix.

This pretty much sums up all i my doubts, i know it is a long post but i wanted to explain myself the best way possible.

Im really grateful for the help and ask anything if i failed to give any useful information.

5. 1,642
    makikatze

makikatze Gateway Kitty [MOD] Loyal Member

A free cat
    You CAN boot into Gateway Mode with sysnand even if you have emunand on your currently inserted SD card. Just hold the left trigger (shoulder button) L on your 3DS while booting the exploit (in your case the browser exploit). Then the Gateway menu comes up. Just hold the B button while you press A to choose the "Boot Gateway Mode" option and it will ask you to confirm to boot into sysnand. Confirm with X and you are in Gateway Mode on sysnand. There you go, feel free to install the bluecardfix.cia at this point ;)

6. 11
    wildarms

wildarms Loyal Member

Oh that simplifies things a lot xD i'll try it now, ty!

I would then just run the bbm.3ds from the GW mode sysnand and install the cia

Update: Got it working!! woh thanks a bunch!! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2015
  7. 34
    PR3D4TOR

PR3D4TOR Loyal Member

Hi,

1)
    I am using 9.0.0-20E on a new3dsxl and i boot to GWMode and get the correct GW9.xxx fW, is it basically the same like with the old 3ds when updating the GW Emunand? Just go to system settings, other settings and on page 5 System Update?

2) Do i unlink the EMUNand and SYSNand before or after i updated the EMUNand?

Thanks!

8. 134
    Ashee

Ashee Loyal Member

1) You can't update using that method. It is the right method but there is no support for emunand >9.5 for the new3DS u.u please read this post -> http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/289649-FAQ-Supported-System-Versions-O3DS-2DS-N3DS

i don't have a new3ds so i can't help you in that u.u if i don't remember wrong you need to install the update with a .cia (and if i'm not wrong you can donwload it from a know site with iso in his name)

2) i don't know if there is a problem if you unlink them after you updated emunand, but i did it before the update and everything is working fine :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2015
  9. 1,437
    powertome

powertome Clean-Up Crew

Looks like you guys have come far.
    Go gateway!
    I just need a N3DS and I'll be back on.

10. 53
    ronopotomus

ronopotomus Loyal Member

I have a question about the Language emulation plugin. I have read a couple of tutorials on the plugin and they all refer to booting NTR.cia file. On Gateway 3.5.1 do I need to do this to translate a JPN game to English? I have tried on the new Monster Hunter X and it did not work and I'm fairly certain I have launched everything correctly.

11. 123
    Trubo

Trubo Loyal Member

Been some time since I last looked into 3DS stuff, are there any titles for 3DS/N3DS that require 9.6+ firmware?

12. 1
    Stormbringer

Stormbringer Loyal Member

Hi all,

I am very sorry if this has already been covered and I have just not found my answer yet but I have to ask for help anyway.

I am trying to get the gateway to work on a 3ds classic with firmware 6.2.0-11E but when ever I run the blue cart with the files to install GW it crashes so I tried using a r4ids gold cart which allows me to boot and install the GW installer. After that I can boot into the gateway screen but I seem to have a few issues, I do not get the screen that tells me to update the card when I boot into GW mode. It appears that it has booted into GW mode (I think) as it returns to the normal menu but even though I have the 3ds roms on the sd card it does see that anything is in the game card slot, no games listed in the top screen to cycle through either.

Can someone please tell me what my stupid mistake is here and how to fix it, this was meant to be a christmas present and so far is not panning out that way.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

***Sorry, being a complete burk!!! I know what I have done wrong, not reading the guide as thoroughly as I thought I had 'press select to get the multi boot menu'. All working now.

Sorry for being a noob.***

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2015
  13. 1,437
    powertome

powertome Clean-Up Crew

Glad to know its all good.

Remind everyone to post your problems on the main board instead of this thread, so that other viewers may see it more often or at the very least they see it on the way to this thread.

Have fun everyone!

14. 16
    GuiltyClown

GuiltyClown Loyal Member

Where can i find previous gateway firmwares?
    Currently the latest firmware is a beta so i want to use a legit one instead but on the gateway site i can only find 3.6(BETA) & 3.4.1
    I read that 3.5 is the best for my old 3DS XL

15. 1,642
    makikatze

A free cat
    Use the latest firmware 3.6
    They just call it beta because they haven't implemented everything they want yet. It's more stable than older versions.

16. 14
    SharkLicker

SharkLicker Loyal Member

During the Update after my version is preceeded by GW3D, I am faced with this screen
    PHNRiTc.jpg

What do I do now?

17. 40
    deathscreton

deathscreton Loyal Member

I've run into an issue. I've updated my Gateway to 3.6 on my N3DS. However, the menu isn't working. Pressing select on the homescreen, moving the cursor over a game and pressing Y does nothing. Going into game and pressing the L and R buttons does nothing as well. This used to bring up a menu before on 3.5.1, but now it does nothing. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: I figured it out. They don't make it evident, but pressing up when you're choosing your game is what's needed to find the other menus. I wasn't able to find this anywhere else, I just had to press a lot of random shit to figure it out.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2016
  18. 3
    kenvin100

kenvin100 Loyal Member

This is where I'm actually stuck right now. I'm unable to boot my 3DS backups. The firmware is GW3D 10.3.0-28U. (3DS version is 4.4.0-10U) I boot into Gateway and when I press select, I don't see any of my roms at all...not sure why :(

19. 1,642
    makikatze

A free cat
    Did you put 3DS roms onto the microSD card in your Gateway red card?

20. 3
    kenvin100

kenvin100 Loyal Member

Yes I did. I even formatted the microsd card and tried again but no luck

Edit: I'm considering to try the 3.61 beta. I'm on 3.41 Ultra at the moment

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2016