hit tracker

3DS/N3DS Gateway Ultra Guide

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by SonyUSA, Jan 6, 2015.

1. 23
    Malasorte

Malasorte Loyal Member

Thank you my friend! ^^ i did something wrong trying to enter gateway menu and installing Menuhax and homebrew launcher?ç_ç
    And its sure it will be supported?
    Last question: do you suggest a downgrade or just to wait? <3

2. 1,642
    makikatze

makikatze Gateway Kitty [MOD] Loyal Member

A free cat
    No, you probably didn't do anything wrong. But Gateway currently doesn't work with 9.5, that's why you get a black screen.

Yes, I am sure it will be supported, the Gateway team already announced support for the near future.

You should definitely wait and not downgrade. Downgrading leads very often to a brick and then you would have to upgrade to version 10.5 to be able to use your system again. But 10.5 won't be supported by Gateway in the near future at all and you cannot try to downgrade again (Downgrade only works up to 10.3).

3. 23
    Malasorte

Malasorte Loyal Member

Thank you^^ I will wait! Much love for your answering!

4. 9
    madriano13

madriano13 Loyal Member

Finally got my hands on my n3ds...

But I'm having a tough time setting up everythyng. So far I managed to set up my EmuNAND, but when I was about to update it an error ocurred and SysNAND booted up again. What do I do to boot the EmuNAND again? I tried doing through the homebrew but my ds gets stuck with red screen.

5. 1,642
    makikatze

A free cat
    After you set up emunand, have you copied all files for the homebrew launcher to your SD card again? Formatting emunand deletes everything on the SD card except for the Gateway Launcher.dat.

So, you are probably missing the boot.3dsx and the other files.

6. 9
    madriano13

madriano13 Loyal Member

That was it, thanks.

That isn't really stated in the manual so it took me a while to figure it out.

7. 1,642
    makikatze

A free cat
  8. 126
    Distortion27

Distortion27 Loyal Member

Hi. So i just downgraded my new 3ds xl from 9.6 to 9.2. I followed that guide all the way up to where you hold L and open the Gateway Launcher. When I do this all i get is a black screen. During the downgrade when it was installing all the cia files it gave me an error and said to power off. I did that and turning my 3ds back on would give me a black screen. The only thing I could do was enter recovery mode by holding L+R+A+UP and it gave me the option to update or cancel. I didn't want to update so I tried taking out the microSD card and turning it back on. It booted to the home screen and when i go to settings it says I'm on 9.2.0-20U.

Any ideas why I'm getting a black screen when trying to open the Gateway Launcher and if the error I got during the downgrade process could be the cause of it? Any help would be appreciated.

Also when I try to get to the Gateway Launcher using go.gateway-3ds.com in the web browser it just says GATEWAY 3DS LOADING... and hangs there.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2016
  9. 1,642
    makikatze

A free cat
    First of all, the browser exploit from go.gateway-3ds.com does not work on a N3DS console.

Secondly, you got an error during the downgrade process, you are not on 9.2, you are still on 9.6, even if your settings app tells you otherwise (the NVer system title, which shows the version number, was already dowgraded, but not everything). You would have to do the downgrade again, although, as I recommended to many other people before, I would NOT take the risk of a brick which is especially likely on N3DS consoles. Once it really bricks, you would've to do a system upgrade through the restore menu (you were lucky that it wasn't a real brick). Gateway will support 10.3 in the near future. But of course, you can try to downgrade again if you want to take the risk.

10. 126
    Distortion27

Distortion27 Loyal Member

Thanks makikatze. I actually tried the downgrade again and this time it didn't give me an error. It automatically rebooted and I went through the guide again and got the same black screen when trying to open Gateway launcher. I don't know why but I thought maybe it's because of the micro SD card in my red card. So i switched the 64gb one for a 4gb one and was able to open the Gateway launcher. Maybe It was because of the file system on the 64gb card being exFat instead of fat32 but it works now.

11. 2
    alteredmoniker

alteredmoniker Loyal Member

what's the current method to getting a blue card working in 9.2 sysnand?

sysnand seems to read it as deep labyrinth but gives an error if i try booting it.

booting into hbl then launching minipasta or pastacfw and trying to install bluecardfix.cia via fbi produces this error:

Ql29foR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2016
  12. 1,642
    makikatze

A free cat
    You need to install it via the DevMenu_2x.3ds or with the installed version of it, as FBI and BigBlueMenu cannot install this CIA. We still don't know exactly why, but only the leaked official DevMenu does install it :)

13. 17
    LeeAmatsu

LeeAmatsu Loyal Member

If you only need Gateway access you don't exactly need the Blue card. You can boot into GW mode with the GW folder that contains 2 files (from the latest firmware download package) from HBL.

EDIT: put the GW folder into the 3ds folder (which is root>3ds>GW here) on your internal micro SD, then boot into HBL

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2016
  14. 2
    alteredmoniker

alteredmoniker Loyal Member

i was specifically trying to get the blue card working to run as a ds flashcart since i use reinand for day to day emunand.

15. 6
    milodinovo

milodinovo Loyal Member

Hey guys, i am trying to run the exploit with the QR code and i am not having any joy, it just loads a white screen every time
    I've also tried typing in the url and the same thing happens

tried this about 20 - 30 times

im on 8.1, i have a 3dsxl (old version)
    formatted the 4gb SD to fat32 the card came with the 3ds, it had mario bros on it

I've also tried a 1gb SD card still no joy

i am following the instructions carefully, extract starter content to the root of sd card with the 3.7.1 launcher.dat
    placed the gw folder in the 3ds folder

I've check my WiFi setting and they seem fine (a bit slow but working)

is there another way to do this?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2016
  16. 3
    hyperseven

hyperseven Loyal Member

Just bought an N3DS XL on Fw9.0, have a copy of EUR OoO already and an old 3DS.

Which method is best the OoO save exploit of the QR/browser one?

17. 777
    Zelda

Zelda Loyal Member

They both give you the same result so you can't really say one is better, OoT can be done offline which may be considered an advantage in some scenarios. You only use them once to get into the hbl so it's not a major decision.

18. 3
    hyperseven

hyperseven Loyal Member

I thought you had to do it each time the N3DS does a full power down? Or am I reading old info?

19. 777
    Zelda

Zelda Loyal Member

You're thinking of the old method, as you're on 9.0 you can use either OoT or the browser to boot the hbl and then setup menuhax. Once it's all set up your n3ds can autoboot into emunand when you power on. Take a look at the latest gw manual on their download page for info on how to set it up with the browser.

20. 3
    hyperseven

hyperseven Loyal Member

another question, the 4GB standard internal on the N3DS can I put a larger card in? Since I take it that's where the .cia's are installed.

One of the videos I watched says not to do that ??