hit tracker

3DS/N3DS Gateway Ultra Guide

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by SonyUSA, Jan 6, 2015.

1. 777
    Zelda

Zelda Loyal Member

You can use a larger card, i don't know all the pitfalls but they'll be avoidable with a bit of research. For example, I know devmenu doesn't like cards above a certain size but you can use dummy files to reduce the available space and make it work. You'll have to ensure it's formatted correctly too, larger cards may want to use ntfs by default so you'll have to format it to fat32.

2. 47
    Jirachi

Jirachi Loyal Member

I am a bit lost, please can someone make some time to help me out?

It has been like 6 months ago since I completely set up my Gateway for my Australian New 3DS. Since then I haven't touched anything. I am on SysNand 9.2 and on EmuNand 9.5.0-23E. On my EmuNand I also have legit Pokemon AS and Pokemon X bought from the e-shop, however, I can't play online as they require newer firmware updates.

That's why I am here. I want to update everything to the latest EmuNand with the newest Gateway software, but ofcourse, without losing all my cia games and legit games and save files. I have no clue what to do since it has been such a long time I've been involved into this scene. Please, can someone provide me of a step to step guide?

3. 1
    cptnewb

cptnewb Loyal Member

Hey? Does the Gateway for O3DS work if my firmware is 10.6?

4. 2
    K3tsueki

K3tsueki Loyal Member

G'day guys, I want to update my EmuNand. Is it always safe to install the newest update? If not, how do I check?

5. 2,067
    Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

No you would need to downgrade.

Just check back here when there is a new update. Right now its safe unless a new firmware just came out i dont know about.

6. 2
    Arkatruc

Arkatruc Loyal Member

So, is there news on a way to use a Gateway card without OoT or CN in a N3DS ?
    Is it even possible to have that in the foreseeable future ?

7. 777
    Zelda

Zelda Loyal Member

Yes.

10char

8. 2
    Arkatruc

Arkatruc Loyal Member

Where ? All the things I see mention either CN or OoT and a way to transfer save files.

9. 777
    Zelda

Zelda Loyal Member

Dude, it's in the instruction manual. The basic gist is that you use browserhax to launch hbl and setup menuhax.

10. 9
    oren

oren Loyal Member

11. 1
    Boost123

Boost123 Loyal Member

Hey guys,i bought the gateway 3ds card and im currently having some problems with using it.
    My 3ds Sysnand firmware is 7.2.0-8E so according to your guide it is included in the supported versions.
    However in step 3 of the gw 3.7.1 guide it says to change your theme and im unable to do that since u need 9.0 and above to perform such action.
    If i continue without changing the theme whenever i launch the browser and scan the QR code in the guide it takes me to a white screen with a small line on top....if i click on this line it then tells "an error has occured....restart your system" and nothing else happens.
    Do i need to upgrade my Sysnad to 9.0.0 or am i doing something wrong?
    Thanks in advance!

12. 13
    mmmmbeer76

mmmmbeer76 Loyal Member

Hi There, haven't updated my gateway in a while. Was wanting to do it but the manual for the latest version says my 3ds needs to be between sysnand 8.x-9.2. I'm on 4.5. Can I still use the latest version?. I quite like the idea of it autobooting to emunand but don't know if I can do that. If I update the sysnand via nintendo I'll go way past 9.2

13. 2,067
    Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

It only needs the higher firmwares for autobooting and menuhax. That is the prfered method. Reading the whole manual however will show you that you are indeed safe to use 3.7.1.

And to ease your worries a bit i am also on a 4.5 3ds and have no issues. Just make sure you create an emunand if you dont have one. Also you do not need to touch the blue card at all to update. Just replace the launcher. The gateway may ask you to update it depending on your last gateway version.

14. 13
    mmmmbeer76

mmmmbeer76 Loyal Member

Thanks. I upgraded it the other day no issue. The only reason I stayed on 4.5 is because it didn't need an Internet connection to get to gateway mode like the higher firmwares. They they still require the Internet or is it only required to set it all up?

15. 2,067
    Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

Im not sure in all honesty. I dont think the hbl and menuhax way does but i could be wrong. I dont follow too much on the other firmwares because im on 4.5. I know enough to know what is usable but not the hownof it all. Its funny cause when gateway first released inwas one of the most knowledgeable members l. I even have a guide a site used for a while.

But once the hbl method came out i got lost lol

16. 14
    bahgee

bahgee Loyal Member

So, I am on a New 3DS with firmware 9.0 and installed the browserhax/menuhax following the GW 3.7.1 instructions. It works great, but like the question above, it seems you need an internet connection to boot into the HBL and then boot into gateway when you turn on the 3DS. Otherwise it just hangs.

1. is this true?
    2. Will using cubic ninja method allow to boot into gateway without an internet connection?
    3. What about the DS Profile exploit - will that work on a New 3DS with 9.0 firmware and allow to boot into gateway without an internet connection?

thanks.

17. 14
    bahgee

bahgee Loyal Member

UPDATE - I turned of Wi-fi in sysnand and then tried it again and again and it booted into HBL without a problem - so internet is not needed once you set it up, just be sure to tun of Wi-fi.

18. 25,281
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
  19. 1
    mattjw

mattjw Loyal Member

Please help, been trying to get this to work fo rmonths. I bought old 3ds for my girlfriend with the plan of using gateway. Its version 8.1.0-19E and its been in the acceptable range but it wont work. do i need to downgrade/upgrade the firmware? is there something about this exact firmware that sucks ha? any help would be appreciated. i bought this new in the shop and thats the firmware it was on that was in february so been a long time waiting/trying and she really wants to be able to use it ha.

20. 2,067
    Cameron

Cameron Loyal Member

Start a new thread. Tell me what you jave done so far.