hit tracker

3DS/N3DS Gateway Ultra Guide

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by SonyUSA, Jan 6, 2015.

1. 23
    PECONAUT

PECONAUT Loyal Member

Same every time i try to update its just tell me error and restart my system anyway to get pass this and update emunad successfully

2. 35
    Ele38

Ele38 Loyal Member

When I enable wifito run the exploit, it loads but then it goes to a white screen, I have waited about a minute but nothing happened.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2015
  3. 809
    Nazosan

Nazosan Loyal Member

First, I have to ask, are you talking about a specific address block or something that the rest of us could use to block it from phoning home? If so, I'd really appreciate it if you shared as it would make me feel a LOT less uncomfortable here...

Second, it seems to me like the updates are very slow. In particular, it seems to work best when suspended on the home menu (inside the exploit should be fine presumably) with WiFi on and working so it can phone home and all.

4. 243
    Smoker1

Smoker1 Loyal Member

Yeah I tried a Different MSD Card, and it still failed the SPI Test. Still gets a Blank Screen. 9.2.0-20U on a Regular 3DS.

5. 809
    Nazosan

Nazosan Loyal Member

If it's to do with the card, maybe make sure you're formatting with the Panasonic SD formatter? If you have a < 64GB card and are trying to use exFAT, maybe make sure you do the official format first and just let it be FAT32. First priority is making sure everything works right, THEN try to improve things.

6. 1,080
    Davhuit

Davhuit Loyal Member

I wouldn't advice that, high chances to get a crash, lots of people could confirm it, even with 4.5 systems. I would say "just reload the exploit" each time, it's not a big deal (it's not longer or faster than 4.5 ones).

lemanuel likes this.
  7. 603
    quacktony

quacktony Loyal Member

I got it fixed. I had to remove the address and then disable the dnsmasq feature of DDWRT.

Here are the address that I blocked.

address=/.shop.nintendowifi.net/127.0.0.1
    address=/.shop.wii.com/127.0.0.1
    address=/.shop.nintendo.net/127.0.0.1
    address=/a248.e.akamai.net/127.0.0.1

8. 603
    quacktony

quacktony Loyal Member

True, reloading the exploit doesn't take much effort.

9. 809
    Nazosan

Nazosan Loyal Member

But the online dependence was the part we're worried about.

How high IS the chance of a crash I wonder?

Thanks! I hope that works then. I'm kind of scared to let my system phone home a lot, lol. I'm going to bite the bullet and add those blocks to my router then let it connect to my real WiFi instead of a phone that I rush to shut off the AP mode ASAP when executing the exploit, lol.

BTW, I believe DDWRT has an actual site block doesn't it?

10. 3,760
    lemanuel

lemanuel All-Knowing Lurker [Mod] Loyal Member

how lucky do you consider yourself to be? lol

I've left it in sleep mode several times for some hours and it was fine. But there was one or two times that it froze as well. So if you want to avoid that happening, it's better to just avoid sleep mode.

11. 243
    Smoker1

Smoker1 Loyal Member

I GOT IT TO WORK!!!!!!!!! Post creator, recommend adding the following requirements:
    When entering the Gateway Menu
    Update GW Card
    Backup NAND
    Format EmuNAND
    Then you can run Gateway Mode with the above steps completed.

12. 809
    Nazosan

Nazosan Loyal Member

I just really really hate this whole going online every single time for the exploit thing. I was hoping I could even just completely stop WiFi from ever being used during the initial release.

13. 3,760
    lemanuel

lemanuel All-Knowing Lurker [Mod] Loyal Member

it will probably be changed later on. but for now a lot of things are still a work in progress as everyone can see

14. 28
    storm75x

storm75x Loyal Member

Speechless <3

15. 43
    CloudHD

CloudHD Loyal Member

I won't complain. The file names say it's a public beta. They clearly have much more planned. I am happy I can use my GW card and it's not sitting around and collecting dust. I'd have to say that the GW Team delivered today. I am excited to find out about the downgrading feature. Now I can finally get some rest because coming off this hype train hype has me with a headache.

YZ-Rum likes this.
  16. 24
    humaslance

humaslance Loyal Member

cool I can test my NAND mod

17. 11
    birdscool

birdscool Loyal Member

Having trouble updating emuNAND to 9.4 via System Settings, I get the "An error has occurred, unable to update" message every time. Could be the wi-fi, but I've tried the update three times.

18. 809
    Nazosan

Nazosan Loyal Member

<Paranoia mode ON>
    I tried to ping and visit those sites. shop.nintendowifi.net and shop.wii.com responding at all but have DNS records. shop.nintendo.net has no DNS record at all. Only a248.e.akamai.net responds completely. Are we absolutely sure these are the right addresses to block?

Woops. Forgot to turn paranoia mode off. Hold on...

19. 1
    stefanoL

stefanoL Loyal Member

This sounds kinda stupid but..

I'm have atm 9.2 EMUNAND, can I still play my original 3ds cartridge games?

20. 209
    codychaosx

codychaosx Loyal Member

My thought is once the downgrade option is available we would be able to go to 4.5 and just use the old ds profile exploit method to launch emunand/gateway stuff in general.

EDIT: Fogot youre using a 2ds which "may" not be able to go to 4.5 (right thats the current train of thought is the n3ds and 2ds wont be able to downgrade lower than lowest firmware they shipped on?)