hit tracker

3DS To CIA Converter v4.1

Discussion in 'Useful Tools & Tutorials' started by RazorX2014, Nov 6, 2014.

1. 12
    Pacman

Pacman Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://
    Depending on the game, it takes 3 to 4 hours to generate the xorpads on the N3DS.
    You need to plug in your charger and let Decrypt9 run until it finishes.

"The xorpads generated by Decrypt9 on my 9.0.0 N3DS were IDENTICAL to those generated by the older launcher.dat on my 4.4.0 O3DS"

The % changes very slowly. Patience is the key here...

2. 273
    rubberduck

rubberduck Loyal Member

but no % was showing for over a half hour.. not even the 0%. it was just blank

3. 809
    Nazosan

Nazosan Loyal Member

It shouldn't take that long with no updates, no. I've never had a single game (many 3+GB) take 3-4 hours. I think the longest I saw might have been 40 minutes for a particularly large game, but I'm not even sure that was that much.

You might want to take a look at rxTools. It can do the same stuff. Seems to work very well for me so far anyway.

4. 273
    rubberduck

rubberduck Loyal Member

I looked at Rxtools, but it's only for the O3DS

I downloaded the package, and the bin file, but I need to use the ninja card for that to boot into it?
    but since it's not for the N3ds. I might as well wait.. unless someone can confirm it works, and can tell me how to use it for the N3ds

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2015
  5. 809
    Nazosan

Nazosan Loyal Member

Oops, no, you're right. I forget sometimes because I sort of started to try to switch to the N3DS but ultimately did not like the system and went back to my 2DS. At this point I'm just hoping someday homebrew can utilize the more powerful CPU and larger amount of RAM to some advantage more than anything else. (That and I guess games like Monster Hunter are basically easier thanks to the c-stick.)

6. 111
    drake008@

[email protected] Loyal Member

Home Page:
    Is there now a way to convert 3DS to CIA without anything but windows/linus/osx?

7. 12
    Pacman

Pacman Loyal Member

Home Page:
  8. 1,642
    makikatze

makikatze Gateway Kitty [MOD] Loyal Member

A free cat
    I think that's no problem, but you should link to the thread/post instead of the attachment directly.

@[email protected]: No, you still need to generate the xorpads somehow and that only works with the console itself.

9. 5
    Gregory2590

Gregory2590 Loyal Member

Why is it that when I try to boot title manager(big blue), i'm getting an eternal 3ds loading screen?(with the red lines and stuff)? I made sure the big blue files are in their respective SD cards.

10. 3
    march22

march22 Loyal Member

Hi

I just got Super smash bros cia file
    And there is notice that the game need update
    I tried to update and there is 2 option: 1 is direct downlowad update and the other 1 is E-shop
    I go to E-shop and it request to update system

My Old 3ds is OMEGA 2.7 AND EMUNAND 9.4
    3ds System is 4.5

Can anyone help me for this issue?
    How to update the game?

Thanks

11. 3,760
    lemanuel

lemanuel All-Knowing Lurker [Mod] Loyal Member

You should use the latest version of GW (3.2.2) and update your emunand to the latest firmware (9.8). That way you won't get any problems when needing to enter eShop.

12. 3
    march22

march22 Loyal Member

So i just need to copy the launcher and then go to setting and system update right?
    Then i have to download from gateway server?

Is it correct?

And then update super smas bross via E-shop?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2015
  13. 3,760
    lemanuel

Yeah. Just make sure you're inside emunand when entering the system settings to do the update of the firmware (it needs to say "GW3D" first before the version).
    Also, just a clarification, no update is done from gateway servers. The firmware updates are always done from Nintendo servers.

14. 3
    march22

march22 Loyal Member

Thanks, i've update the game and it works

Anyway how to check the region that already installed?
    Because i download the DLC but it not work and i forgot the region game

Also does the DLC must same region?

Thanks

15. 3,760
    lemanuel

I think the DLC must be the same region as the game but I'm not sure.

To check which game's region you have, just enter whatever program you used to install the CIA (devmenu, bigbluemenu, etc) and search for the serial code of the game or the title ID.

US Smash:
    EU Smash:
    Just check which one appears installed in your console and you'll know which region of the game you have.

16. 1
    Ulysse29

Ulysse29 Loyal Member

Hi guys.

I want to load my .3ds file via my SD Card, so I concider to convert them into CIA and install them with BBM.
    I tried to your converter on my PAL games, I select 3), then 3) because I have no idea if my rom is decripted and what a xorpads is.
    It runs fin until I have to choose if I "spoof" my rom or not (Don't know what's all about), I tried y and n, then y and n to region free my game but I have an issue :
    "Decription Failed"

Then I tried 1) and 2) but I don't have a xorpads.

I downloaded a launcher.dat and slot0x25KeyX.bin, do I have to run this on my 3DS to get a "xorpads" ?
    I currently use my Gateway and it works perfectly.

Thanks for your help.

17. 3,760
    lemanuel

Yeah, for most (or all) games you need to get the xorpads first. The decrypted option is usually for some undub roms that have already decrypted files.

This thread is more about the tool and not really about the process since no one ever wrote a guide here altho from time to time we try to help.
    I think you can get an idea of what to do and what xorpads are if you check this:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-converting-3ds-to-cia-for-dummies.373722/

I think there are other guides out there that can also explain so just try to search for it if you need ;)

18. 1,080
    Davhuit

Davhuit Loyal Member

19. 809
    Nazosan

Nazosan Loyal Member

Here I go again with undub troubles... Someone finally managed to figure out how to undub Rune Factory 4 after all this time (it was a tricky one.) So I uninstalled my own copy, attempted to convert, and it seemed to work this time when I used the decrypted ROM option (failing as usual with the normal conversion option.) I installed that CIA (which takes forever) and the CIA seems to install fine. I see the correct icons, hear the correct sounds, and see the correct banner when I highlight the game. But when I start it I get the black "an error has occurred" screen...

I really can't understand why I have so much trouble with undubs and then others here can just do the conversions on the same ones and they just work. (Is it because I'm using a 2DS running 9.2 since there is no way I can downgrade to 4.x?) At first I thought it was because I didn't have enough free space since that partition stays pretty eternally low in space, but I just put a new drive in my system and dedicated it to the OS, so now that partition has been resized to be huge. I have more than 120GB free right now... (For the record though, even if it tries to place files on my C drive in %TEMP% or whatever, I have about 20GB free on it.) I tried editing the RSF file and I put in the product code from the original game (BTW, the RSF file being generated appears to have *nix line endings or something because it opens in hex mode for me, but that's fine -- I just overwrite those bits of text and left all the rest alone with no need even to switch out of hex mode,) but still no go. What am I missing here?

EDIT: The RSF.rsf file I tried the most recently in plain text:
    [noparse]BasicInfo:
    Title : "Rune Factory 4 Undub" # 0x0 exheader.bin
    CompanyCode : "00" # 0x1110 game.3ds
    ProductCode : "CTR-P-AR4E" # 0x1150 game.3ds
    ContentType : Application
    Logo : Nintendo

TitleInfo:
    UniqueId : 0x00007666 # 0x1108 game.3ds in little endian
    Category : Application

CardInfo:
    MediaType : Card1 # Card1 / Card2

Option:
    UseOnSD : true
    FreeProductCode : true # Removes limitations on ProductCode
    EnableCrypt : false # Enables encryption for NCCH and CIA
    MediaFootPadding : true # If true CCI files are created with padding
    EnableCompress : false # Compresses exefs code

AccessControlInfo:
    ExtSaveDataId: 0x00007666 # same as UniqueId
    SystemSaveDataId1: 0x00000000 # plaintext exheader
    SystemSaveDataId2: 0x00000000 # plaintext exheader
    OtherUserSaveDataId1: 0x00000 # plaintext exheader
    OtherUserSaveDataId2: 0x00000 # plaintext exheader
    OtherUserSaveDataId3: 0x00000 # plaintext exheader
    UseOtherVariationSaveData : false

SystemControlInfo:
    SaveDataSize: 1M # plaintext exheader / 0x1C0 exheader.bin
    RemasterVersion: 0000 # 0xE exheader.bin
    StackSize: 0x00040000 # 0x1C exheader.bin[/noparse]

All I changed was the title (this time I wrote it all out) and the product code (matching the one in the original RF4 game since it's just "code " in this one.) I tried not changing it at all and just got an error message followed by it deleting the RSF and all of the xorpads (this batch file should look for error levels or something...) As long as I do this, it gives me a CIA file that installs. The game has a working icon, sound, and banner, but black "an error has occurred" screens when I try to load it.

No spoofing. (None needed.)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2015
  20. 48
    EddieCanterDean

EddieCanterDean Loyal Member

has anyone tried using this for xenoblade chronicles? and if so, can the decryption be done on an old 3ds to use on a new 3ds? also, if you have use the mset provided by gateway, what do i have to do to get the xorpad generator to work on the n3ds? thanks