hit tracker

80% of Mass Shooters showed no interest in Video Games

Discussion in 'General Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Mar 10, 2018.

By GaryOPA on Mar 10, 2018 at 10:04 AM
  1. 24,896
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    New Research Again Proves Violent Games Don't Make Violent Killers
    [​IMG]

As we all horribly know there was recently yet another mass shooting at a school, and right away media jumped on the fact its 'violent video games' that is problem, and this week President Trump met with ESA and other video gaming industry leaders and in the end new research was discussed which shows 80% of 'mass shooters' didn't really like or play any video games, not even peaceful Mario ones.
    So here we are yet again, us video gamers have been thrown under the bus and blamed for the acts by 'natural born killers' even tho there is still no real connection between 'playing violent games' in your home and then 'committing violent acts' outside in real life.

NEWS SOURCE: 80 percent of mass shooters showed no interest in video games, researcher says (via) CBSNews

Last edited: May 23, 2018 at 10:06 PM

Comments

Discussion in 'General Gaming News' started by GaryOPA, Mar 10, 2018.

1. 351
      DW360

DW360 Loyal Member

and yet in america trump holds a closed door meeting with game companies to discuss video game violence and its link to mass shootings.

erm sorry ignorant america, can we stop trying to pin this onto video games and turn a complete blind eye to the fact you allow citizens to purchase fire arms.

you know, if you put a stop to selling fire arms to the public then gun crimes will reduce.

if i am mentally ill (which is always the case apparently) and I have been playing Grand Theft Auto then feel the urge to kill people.... Its going to be very hard to roll up to my local school and go on a shooting spree if I am do not have access to purchase fire arms.

its pretty amusing how america who claim to be the best country in the world, cant grasp that selling guns to the public is the reason why these shootings keep happening.

you could ban violence in movies/games/tv shows/books, but these shootings will still happen simply because you sell guns to the public.

its utter BS to sit there claiming an assault rifle or a pistol is for protection, guns are intended to kill end of, if person A doesnt have access to a gun then person B has no need of a gun for protection.

other countries manage fine without selling guns to the public, but to be fair the american government and war lords make far too much money selling guns to allow american citizens kill themselves.