hit tracker

A memoryunit question

Discussion in '360 Game Saves' started by [email protected], Oct 26, 2009.

1. 111
    drake008@

[email protected] Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://
    Is it save to buy a 4 Gig Memory Unit or will this be "banned" with the next update by MS?

I want to put my savegames and bought XBLA Games from the 120 GB HDD of my friend to my private new one and thats why I'm asking this is maybe stupid question, but I think you guiys here have the knowledge to make this happen.

On my new HDD is a Forza3 Savegame. Also I cloned the 120Gig from my friend and put all the data on my box. Problem is that the downloaded songs from RockBand and so on won't work. These songs were downloaded to my friends account and we want to play them here and at his house sometimes. Is this even possible or can I delete all of these data?

2. 7,336
    ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

Datel memory products are to be 'banned' you will not be able to use that memory unit for anything besides music video and pictures in a few weeks waste of money.

Xbox 360 content is normally signed, the saves will need to be resigned so someone else can help you with that.
    Taking a copy of your friends DLC is considered an act of infringement and no help will be offered for that. generally its locked to the machine with a license or you'll need your friends gametag though.

3. 111
    drake008@

[email protected] Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://
    His Gamertag is on my Box also as on his. Strange is that he didn't need to recover his Tag on my console.

4. 7,336
    ThreeDog

ThreeDog Loyal Member

You said you cloned his drive so its possible although one of the duplicates may suffer corruption soon. The contents of the cloned drive are probably 'locked' to his console too.

It's possible you can play those games if he signs in and/or downloads them but otherwise you'll have to do a license transfer which is limited to once a year and will only allow one of you to play.