hit tracker

A Quick Thank You to PSX-SCENE!

Discussion in 'Off Topic & General Discussion' started by GaryOPA, Jul 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 25,335
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Since they decided to end the "censorship", any more 'bashing' threads posted here will result in an infaction notice instead of just a closed thread!

Source: http://psx-scene.com/forums/f196/quick-announcement-93702/

Me and all our valued crunching members, thank you for being honest and lets all move on to better things now!

2. 833
    master737373

master737373 Press Buttons :D Loyal Member

None
    Yes, we need to move on.

3. 891
    Digital-Spooker

Digital-Spooker Loyal Member

Student.
    It's about time, the whole thing was reminiscent of a stupid school yard argument, but hopefully everyone can remain mature and let that whole 'period' die in the ditch where it belongs.

4. 100
    Xeauron

Xeauron Loyal Member

Amen, here's to a brighter future hopefully.

5. 142
    random#guy

random#guy Loyal Member

Be the better men and keep a positive outlook. That is all I have to say. Oh yeah, and I look forward to the crunch being a bash-free zone.

6. 78
    pikeytrog

pikeytrog Loyal Member

HGV Driver, though CompTIA A+ certified :)
    Nottingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Would be nice if psx scene could possibly extend the olive branch a little further and unban some long standing members. Surely good communication between sites and veteran members would improve relationships further and maybe everyone can get along one day.

Lessons have been learnt from all sides I think :)

Good news Gary!

7. 142
    random#guy

random#guy Loyal Member

^I really like that idea, but such a thing is to be settled between the admins of that site and those who were banned.

8. 548
    sabin1981

sabin1981 Agent Sparrow Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://www.nfohump.com/forum/index.php
    Sadly I think unbanning would be too little, too late now. Bad blood is a lot harder to clean - and there would always be that "atmosphere" from those who were wrongfully banned. Still, this is a start and I'm really glad they've removed the censor.

Let that be an end to all the hostilities (at least outside of Twitter *evil grin*)

9. 36
    GregoryRasputin

GregoryRasputin Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://playstationhax.it
    lol they are using new tactics, they would need to pull out all thier tactics to stop me.....

10. 4,102
    gDrive

gDrive Not Your Mommas Tranny Clean-Up Crew

Home Page:
    http://techbliss.org
    Well at least they've admitted to being immature about the URL censorship

Also, in case they decide to delete the thread, here's a screenshot!

ps3c-c.JPG

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. 10
    Endang

Endang Loyal Member

future IT something something
    wow man you sound depressed , Didn't you do enough already?

they want to make things better and you still going on about it... glad I joined this instead PS3hax....

12. 36
    GregoryRasputin

Home Page:
    If you are happy with hidding the truth, dont let me stand in your way, your problem, not mine.

13. 78
    pikeytrog

pikeytrog Loyal Member

HGV Driver, though CompTIA A+ certified :)
    Nottingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Just don`t let it get you down. Let`s get things into a bit of perspective here... These two sites are gaming forums.

All we are is just people sitting behind a computer screen, researching about things we have a collective interest in. No reason to take anything personal.

I think Sinbad & co realise that they have made a few serious mistakes, but both sites should be willing to work together. What has been said done, cannot be unsaid or undone, but we as a community can learn from all of this.

I was as mad as hell when I got banned from there, and I heard that others were being banned too. Yes I bashed them something chronic in one post which got me banned, but I think it has been a sharp learning curve for everybody, in particularly the psx scene new admins.

We need to try and forget what has been done or said and move forward together for the good of the (still very infant) PS3 scene.

14. 100
    Xeauron

Xeauron Loyal Member

Now that's proper perspective. There are quite a few people acting as if this is a major international syndicated conspiracy. At the end of the day nobody will likely remember any of this or give a shit in 5 years time including the people involved.

15. 33
    Mistawez

Mistawez Loyal Member

Bum
    I'm glad to see they're acknowledging their mistake, but the damage has been done..

I really think IP banning was well overboard, they're keeping us out of a site we contributed to and denying us access to our posts. There are so many topics that link back to that site and now we can't view them without going through hassle of Tor or Google cache.

Although I'm more than happy to contribute (what I can) to sites that I know I can trust, instead of walking on egg shells over there.

FWIW, I was happy when I read about the take over (I thought it would take stress off the shoulders of people maintaining the site) but they soon showed their true colours.

That's me done talking about that site, just had to get it out!

16. 151
    VriskaBlack

VriskaBlack Loyal Member

I'm glad that the sites are at least cooperating, I find it stupid how they're fighting against Sony, yet they're doing the exact same thing themselves.

17. 318
    Pockets69

Pockets69 Loyal Member

Student (university)
    Home Page:
    http://www.PS3hax.net
    its good that they decided to move on, but hey garyOPA no need to a formal thank you, we don't own them anything.
    we move on, they move, all good, but i don't care about them anymore, they can apologize like some suggested, but i won't step in there while that administration is in there, i am far better here and on hax thank you.

18. 36
    GregoryRasputin

Home Page:
    lol it takes a lot to get me down and there is nothing the new admins can or could do to change that.

I take it personal when my work is 1:1 copy and pasted, i take it personal, when i am publicly called a liar, by a coward.

You see if the were a normal group of admins, i would probably agree with you, but they are part of a media conglomeration, who are used to playing nasty tricks and im afraid this is might be another one.

Being on a learning curve, lol, they have been doing this same crap for over five years, the last thread i created as GregoryRasputin, was asking that they stop banning respected members/staff/devs and they banned me and deleted the post/threads as they have done with many other posts and threads of various members who have had the balls to stand up and have an opinion.

I have been doing this PS3 thing for four years, with all the hacks that were never released and all the fakes, to me the PS3 Scene is not in its infancy.

I have no problem with letting things go and that is what i was doing before MrGoodFrag was banned, i was keeping silent, i was letting things go, but his ban was the last straw and if people want to be cowards and hide their heads in the sand whilst being raped by the people that already cut their balls off, so be it, that may be the path you want to chose, but not one i will chose.

Now this is the last message i will post here for a while, because i have a lot of respect for /Griffin and garyopa and the last thing i want to do is make things hard for them, which of course will probably happen if i keep responding to these type of messages.

19. 318
    Pockets69

Pockets69 Loyal Member

Student (university)
    Home Page:
    http://www.PS3hax.net
    greg i ask you please leave this crap out of crunch, this is supposed to be at least a neutral place, i agree with every statement, but this is not the place.

20. 0
    dangwoot

dangwoot Guest

okay this stops here and now or someone's getting a short vacation :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.