hit tracker

Afrika for PS3 now available in US

Discussion in 'PlayStation Gaming News' started by Zeus, Oct 6, 2009.

By Zeus on Oct 6, 2009 at 12:11 PM
  1. 11,051
    Zeus

Zeus MaxConsole News Team

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    <strong>NATSUME ANNOUNCES AFRIKA FOR PLAYSTATION®3 NOW AVAILABLE</strong>

Highly-Anticipated Title Puts Players In Role Of Freelance Photographer In Safari Experience Of A Lifetime

Burlingame, Calif., October 6, 2009 – Natsume Inc., a worldwide developer and publisher of family-oriented video games, today announced that Afrika for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system can now be snapped up at retail. Afrika, Natsume’s first title for the PLAYSTATION®3, is a wildlife photography adventure set in a lush, unexplored region of Africa.
    The game is available at an MSRP of $49.99 and is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB.

“We are very excited about Afrika's release today. We know many PlayStation®3 owners out there have been itching to get their hands on the game," said Hiro Maekawa, President and CEO of Natsume. “It was a real pleasure to work with Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios in bringing this title to North America.â€

In Afrika, players step into the role of a freelance photographer exploring a brand new African wildlife conservation area. They'll document the wildlife and photograph incredible sights such as a titanic clash between hippopotamuses, a pride of lions watching over its playful cubs, and a cheetah's lightning-fast chase as it runs down its prey! All of the game's animals and environments are rendered in photorealistic detail with animals that move, behave, and interact with each other just like their real-world counterparts. Produced in cooperation with National Geographic, Afrika features a wealth of information about each of its animals, including footage and photographs from the magazine.

The photography in the game is as meticulously modeled as the animals themselves; players will need to learn from the game's innovative photo grading system and compose their photographs with the eye of a professional photographer if they want to earn top dollar. The money they earn can be used to purchase new licensed lenses, cameras, and safari equipment. If players are good enough, they just might find their photograph on the cover of National Geographic!

With more than 70 animals to find, over 100 missions to complete, and endless replayability, Afrika offers the safari experience of a lifetime!

Comments

Discussion in 'PlayStation Gaming News' started by Zeus, Oct 6, 2009.

1. 254
      eagles5769

eagles5769 Loyal Member

Looks like a good rental. I'll add it to my list.

2. 2,358
      QrafTee

QrafTee Loyal Member

I wanted it in the beginning and then I found out you can't throw rocks at the lions and have them chase your jeep in a cool action shot... Bummer.

3. 6,014
      grapeape

grapeape Loyal Member

Consultant
      Ehh I already have pokemon snap...ill be skipping this one

4. 5,715
      danight

danight Loyal Member

theres a fishing game on xbox live like that...

I dunno pokemon snap was the bomb back in the day... but africa might make a fun rental for some.

But i think it could have been like dead rising... gave you a gun to shoot them afte ryou take their pic :cool: would have made it more fun.

5. 2,358
      QrafTee

QrafTee Loyal Member

But y'know what would've happened? This would have prompt Jack Thompson and PETA to unite into a new super evil which would decimate the video game industry.

6. 105
      0kensai0

0kensai0 Loyal Member

Shouldn't PETA be happy since we're not bothering the real animals in Afrika.....

7. 2,115
      dsav

dsav Loyal Member

lol yeah right.

8. 6,014
      grapeape

grapeape Loyal Member

Consultant
      Ah but see we're thinking about it...Peta has already proven their nuttiness protesting WoW (because you can club digital seals) CoD (Because digital dogs can get shot) and most recently Cooking Mama (Because it has digital meat in it). If Monster Hunter ever took off here enough to get attention you can bet they would be protesting that one too. They will probably complain about Afrika too since even by just photographing them we're disturbing their natural digital habitats. :rolleyes:

9. 4,415
      JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

Seeing this game makes me wish they would make another Carnivores Ice Age game.... that was the bomb back in the day.

Anyway might be a useful game to help me on days like today when I can't sleep. (its like 2:24 in the morning)

10. 26,553
      Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

This is a masterpiece. Really a great great game. Graphic is awsome.
      I'm curious to see what will sell...

11. 1,817
      sirxlaughs

sirxlaughs Loyal Member

I'm guessing you haven't seen any reviews for it yet.

12. 6,014
      grapeape

grapeape Loyal Member

Consultant
      It doesnt matter to him...it says Playstation 3 on the box...that makes it a 10/10. :rolleyes:

13. 339
      Ztype

Ztype Loyal Member

My girlfriend imported the Korean version a long long time ago. I thought it was a dumb game initially but it's actually an amazing game. I haven't read any reviews but I'm sure they're all bad. To put it bluntly, the reason it took so long for it to get a western release was because no one would "get it". It's a niche game, every one of my friends that I showed it to would ask how do you kill the animals. Go figure, if you want a relaxing game I would recommend this.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2009
    14. 237
      d33znutzEP

d33znutzEP Loyal Member

It's a great game FOR WHAT IT IS... just because it's not for you doesn't mean it is garbage.

15. 1,113
      beterweter

beterweter Loyal Member

like all the games that arent for you don't mean their garbage either...well said...
      youve proven with this post that 99,5% of your posts are garbage,and that you really don't need to be take sirious...said by...YOURSELF...

now lets all [email protected]

thank you;)

16. 237
      d33znutzEP

d33znutzEP Loyal Member

Darkest of days is garbage....

that is the general consensus.

While afrika IS ACTUALLY GOOD FOR WHAT IT IS!

Just like there is no denying that halo is a "good" game... but there are dozens of games out there THAT ARE WAAAAAAYY better.

17. 1,113
      beterweter

beterweter Loyal Member

you say it is actualy very good,others will say its crap,its personel taste really and i think that this game isnt that appealing to the core gamers.(and i'm not saying its crap...)
      but no denying that many gamers will like it becuase of the good graphix and the relaxing gameplay...
      so yeah like you say,it should be good for what it is.

i also like your new halo approach,not bashing but then again giving your personel opinion at the end.
      nothing wrong with that and it works much better then bashing in and ranting how crap the game is.
      it will result in more positive comments and actually good credible conversations...

its odd to see comments like this from you,but please continue.
      nothing wrong with stating your opinion and it just works better if you do it like you do here.

really don't mind you telling their are waaaaaaay better games in your opinion,but it all comes down to personal taste at the end,respect someones opinion and you will get respect back.

18. 237
      d33znutzEP

d33znutzEP Loyal Member

oh the irony...

19. 1,113
      beterweter

beterweter Loyal Member

not really,why should i respect your lying, ranting and 99% falls statements?:p