hit tracker

AIO B9S Pack R1

Discussion in 'A9LH & Custom Firmware Discussion' started by LupinIII, Jul 29, 2017.

1. 214
    LupinIII

LupinIII Developer

Warning: Running Gateway on an 11.3 or higher SysNAND will either put you on retail or brick the device. It is heavily recommended to create an 11.2 (or partially updated 11.4) EmuNAND for running Gateway at this time. For the same reason, do not run Cakes or Skeith until you have properly configured them, because the firm protection patch is optional in these CFWs. If you don't know which option to select, either consult the documentation on their release pages, or just don't use them.

Disclaimer: These configurations are primarily for power users. They include some powerful tools that can brick your system if misused. Every precaution has been taken to ensure that this cannot be done by accident (all potentially dangerous actions require a button combination to be entered). Still, these configurations may not be suitable for kids or the severely technically challenged.

Right, so, what is this? A collection of pre-made B9S chainloader configurations for your 3DS. "The guide" is all well and good for getting B9S setup, but it leaves you with a minimal configuration. However, this leaves Gateway owners and anyone that prefers a different CFW to fend for themselves. Not that I blame Plaillect for wanting to keep things simple. It's easy for people to get confused if they're not all on the same page after all. So, I created these to pick up where the guide leaves off. Simply drag, drop, and you're setup with every CFW and boot app you could possibly ever need. Especially Gateway. Some you may never need. But they don't take much space, so I might as well just include them all, and let you decide.

These can also serve as a template for your own custom configuration. Indeed, feel free to modify these to suit your needs/wants/desires. The goal is to empower you to run your system your way. If you want to change the layout, add an animation, etc. then by all means, go for it. Though I don't have the lines for animations included, so, you'll probably have to download the chainloader in question and look at it's example configuration. It unfortunately did not cross my mind to include the original example files. I'll try to remember to next time.

Still on A9LH? I've included an A9LH to B9S updater. I've been careful to ensure that this will work with any version of A9LH. Just copy it and a B9S configuration to your card (the updater has been slightly modified to coexist with them, so, no need for two copying sessions). Pop the card in, follow the prompts, and you'll be updated to B9S in seconds. Best of all, I've even included a GM9 script to delete the files used to install B9S once the process is complete. It even deletes itself. Though it leaves the backups in the "boot9strap" folder in place in case you want to back them up.

So, how do you set it up? First off, if you need the A9LH to B9S updater, it's in the "A9LH to B9S" folder, so go ahead an copy that over if you need to. Now, choose the folder for your hardware, then choose the folder for the chainloader you want to use. For a rundown of which does what:

BootCTR9 is the best if you prefer hotkeys

CBM9 is the best if you prefer a GUI

Luma's chainloader is Internet Explorer. It's only popular because it got bundled. Granted, with a great CFW. However, it has the lowest compatibility (not that you'll notice). Though it does offer both hotkeys and a GUI. And it's zero config. But that means if you configure the hotkeys, the GUI loses alphabetical order. This is a hotkey build, so avoid GUI mode. 3 of the options will not even work in GUI mode because they're hotkey-based workarounds. I don't recommend it, but I know better than to try to convert everyone to the other two overnight.

The default hotkey layout for BootCTR9 and Luma is:

Default: Luma B: Gateway Y: Puma X: Skeith Start: Cakes Right: Reinand L+A: Luma Legacy
    Up: Decrypt9 Left: Godmode9 Down: CBM9 (extras menu)

There are two additional payloads on the Down key. EmuNAND9 (somewhat outdated, but still useful if you want a legacy EmuNAND), and Safe B9S Installer for when a new version is released. This is included in the Luma configuration as well, because setting hotkeys kind-of wrecks GUI mode.

For CBM9, the default is Luma, and you simply press down for the menu.

If you would like to use the full CBM9 menu with BootCTR9, instead of just the one for payloads without hotkeys, I've made it easy. Just copy a9l?.cfg over from the "CBM9" folder. I'd suggest replacing a9lh.cfg with a copy of a9lb.cfg though. You won't need the default option, because you'll always be booting the menu.

If you want to use something other than Luma as the default payload in BootCTR9 or CBM9, additional configuration files are provided for that purpose. They will have a "_" followed by the CFW name. For example, "boot_config_gw.ini" is a configuration for BootCTR9 that will run Gateway as the default. Simply rename the existing "boot_config.ini" to something like "boot_config_luma.ini" and remove the "_gw" part from the Gateway one. And yes, for those of you who hate Rosalina, I've included Legacy. Also, when Luma is not the default, it's hotkey is usually set to A. Of course, you can change this if you like.

If you would prefer to use Luma Legacy with the Luma build, it's right there in the root named "bootl.firm" so, just rename "boot.firm" to "boot8.firm" or whatever you like, and rename "bootl.firm" to "boot.firm"

The L+A combo used to load Legacy by default in BootCTR9 is actually being performed by Luma, so, should you want to switch it to regular 8.x when using Legacy by default, a copy is provided in the "luma/payloads" folder. Simply remove the "a_" from the copy of Legacy and put it on the regular copy. A copy of "Luma3ds.firm" has been included in the "luma/payloads" of the Luma build as well for similar purposes.

I've also included some handy (well, I find them handy, I hope you will too) GM9 scripts with all of the configurations. One of them will copy Luma to CTRNAND for you. This makes it easy to update the copy of Luma on your SysNAND that will boot when you have no SD card present. The other two are for people who have a linked SysNAND and EmuNAND, for synchronizing tickets back and forth. For example, if you install new software in Luma on SysNAND, you can just reboot, run the "Sys to Emu" one, then boot GW into EmuNAND and your new titles are ready to use with GW's cheat system, without having to install them a second time.

And if you're wondering why I'd bother to convert and include something like Puma with it being so old, well, it still has it's uses. Unlike Legacy, it uses a different folder for it's configuration so it can be used alongside Luma (without redoing your configuration each time you switch). You could use it, for example, to boot a second EmuNAND running 9.2 (since that has the highest homebrew compatibility, I'd highly recommend creating one with Multi EmuNAND Creation Tool if you have the space on the card). Actually, if you're running B9S on an N3DS, it's about the only thing that can run a 9.2 EmuNAND. And for the N3DS it also needs a fully decrypted 9.0 firmware.bin in order to do that. It's included, but named "firmware90.bin" so you'll need to remove the "90" to make it active. Because I didn't want to break it's compatibility with everything else by default.

If anyone's wondering what workarounds I'm using (it might be useful for those who want to customize):

CBM9: BootCTR9 for GW and Puma (with CBM9 patching the .ini filename so that each can have it's own mini-configuration)
    Luma: BootCTR9 for GW, Puma, and Cakes; CBM9 for EmuNAND9

Thanks for reading, and I hope this helps you get the most out of your B9S-exploited system.

P.S. The configuration files may contain some obsolete options, having originally been used with A9LH versions of these chainloaders. But they work. I'll try to go through them carefully and clean them up for the next release.

Attached Files:

• ABP1.7z
      File size:
      26.2 MB
      Views:
    GaryOPA and urherenow like this.
  2. 41
    mcloverkorea

mcloverkorea Loyal Member

Thank you so much!