hit tracker

All the modding sites gone?

Discussion in 'Wii Game Ripping, Custom Mods' started by sirp0p0, Jun 14, 2013.

1. 2
    sirp0p0

sirp0p0 Loyal Member

Hi everyone,

I just got my first Wii, and it seems like all the sites like hackmii and bootmii and such are gone. Is there anyway I can softmod my Wii? I have Smash Bros Brawl and am on 4.3U just as an fyi.
    Are modchips the only way now?

Any help is really appreciated.

2. 25,339
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    There is many ways.

I will see if I can dig up some tutorials for you.

Currently GBATemp is your best resource site.

Sorry but we need to build a good section here on it, maybe some fellow members will help out.

You can still softmod your Wii. -- I personally have done one since the days of Indy Jones way, but there is better ways now, some you don't even need a disc, just a PC and SDCard to copy files onto it.

3. 2
    sirp0p0

sirp0p0 Loyal Member

Almost as soon as I posted this, I found a mirror of HackMii 1.2.

I'm going to use the Smash Stack exploit. Do I just place boot.elf on the SD card (which is a 2GB SD from my GC Sd-Gecko) and run it? and that will allow me to run homebrew, correct?

I ask only because many guides refer to having and entering the Wii MAC Address, and at this point they are all mixing in my head so I want to make sure I didn't download something meant for another Wii.

Also, does anyone know what happened to those sites that went down? Are the creators still active, did the sites just fall by the roadside, or were they shutdown?

4. 13,435
    billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    you should be able to read them using waybackmachine or other internet archive.

the mac address one was for the follow up to bannerbomb on 4.3x but smash stack, indiana pwns and bathax still work, certainly bathax works on wii 4.3 and wii u.