hit tracker

Amiiqo Manager

Discussion in 'Official 'N^2 Elite' Support Forum' started by _tim_, Oct 15, 2015.

1. 80
    deloreancowboy

deloreancowboy Loyal Member

Hey Falco any update on your amiiqo apk? I've given up on the N2 team actually releasing an update.

I'd love to try out whatever you have so far. Also did you mention you made it able to write back to the amiibo themselves like amiiwrite does? That's awesome if you did.

Thanks for your hard work guys.

2. 128
    Falco20019

Falco20019 Developer

Right now I'm not writing back to original amiibos. In fact, it would already work to write unaltered dumps back to an original amiibo and since I am using the same logic and keys as amiiwrite, I could also write modified dumps back and reencrypt them. Since I plan to release my code as open source, I have to make sure that it is perfectly legal and not containing any copyrighted material. Therefore, for the full release I am going to abstract some things so that it works as a NFC Amiiqo tool (not specifically for amiibos) and offer some image/information pack separately (which makes updating it when new amiibos come out also easier). Adding special amiibo logic like in amiiwrite would make this target harder to reach. So for now, I'm not adding this functionality.

What I am looking for right now are people with iPhones and Windows phones who would like to participate in a beta run. Everyone interested, please send me a PM. I will make another call for testers in a separate thread once the beta is ready.

EDIT: Most windows phones seem only to support proximity mode and not smart card mode... Therefore it is not possible for them to read or write the data as it is saved on the amiibos or the amiiqo. I will have a deeper look into it, but it looks that this is the sad truth :(

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
    NiteSite and GaryOPA like this.
  3. 128
    Falco20019

Falco20019 Developer

Just wanted to give you guys a short update. I finally found the time to look more into my iOS bluetooth device and finished writing the NFC library. Just a small proof-of-concept, using an ACR1255U-J1 (bluetooth NFC reader/writer) and my iPad. The shown amiibo information is directly taken from libamiibo, so showing the image is also just a small step more which I didn't want to invest for a PoC. With this, I could already make the same which my android version can (managing amiiqo, dumping real ones, ...). But my goal is a lot higher :)

Here the PoC, which works with my iPhone and my iPad:

4. 80
    deloreancowboy

Not an iOS user but that looks awesome!

5. 128
    Falco20019

Falco20019 Developer

This is cross-plattform, iOS + Android :) Supporting devices with built-in NFC devices or the shown external device (also on both plattforms).

6. 128
    Falco20019

Falco20019 Developer

Technological background finished :) Everything shown to you (images, information, etc.) is directly received from a backend server and cached on the device. So you don't have to update the app anymore to get new figure information, the app will get everything on-the-fly. Also all-new information (your amiibo name, which game is stored on it, the image, ...) is decrypted server-side, so that you can filter by this information. I also have access to all the game data stored on it and could possibly add cheat-functionality.

It also includes my new amiiqo-detection routine I mentions (this is also how Nintendo could detect and block it). The scanned figures are stored on the device and will be managable. So the only thing missing is the real user interface :) The shown dump speed is a bit slow since my device has a defect firmware, so I had to do a work around. The real thing will only take a second, but I'm still waiting for the manufacturer to fix the issue.

Best part: This is all cross-platform and the code I use here also works the same on android already. I just prefer my iPhone for testing ;-)

7. 25,530
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    I been in contact with the N2 team, and they are working on a new update.

Plus they even thinking about working with @Falco20019 if need be.

I will update this topic, once I hear back from them regarding their next update!

Falco20019 likes this.
  8. 80
    deloreancowboy

That would be awesome. It would be nice if they had a "HEY we are not dead!" post on their site.

9. 128
    Falco20019

Falco20019 Developer

This is great! I'll be looking forward to see something new from them.

I'm also making good progress. Got the firmware update from the device vendor and can dump complete amiibos and decrypt everything in the blink of an eye now ;-) Just working on the UI now and implementing the profile, collect and filter features. So I should be ready for some beta testing in 1-2 weeks. Everyone interested with an iPhone or an Android device can send me a PM to apply for beta testing. iPhone Users will need the Bluetooth device in addition and it would also be great to have some user with android incapable of NFC to test the android version fully.

GaryOPA likes this.
  10. 128
    Falco20019

Falco20019 Developer

Nearing beta phase. No need to connect the device manually (also not needed for internal NFC devices on android). Every time the manager comes across a new amiibo, it will contact the server and get every information needed. Under dumps, you can see all ever seen amiibos (categorized by the game series it belongs to) and how many saves you have of it. There you can also delete old ones that you no longer want or select them to write on the amiibo. The same interface will be used to choose which amiibo to write to an amiiqo slot (not finished yet). When you place a real amiibo on it, the amiibo will be scanned and the manager looks for dumps for this exact unique amiibo (in case you have more than one or other ones on your amiiqo). No need to look through directories anymore, all you need is click on the save state you want to recover! Each save shows you also the software title it has stored, the time it was last modified and the amiibo name, so that you should be able to uniquely identify your save state. If you dump the same save state twice, the software informs you so that you don't have to store the exact same one twice.

The amiiqo management is still under development and the tab just shows my internal information, letting you swiped through all the banks. In the finished version, it will show you the same information you have when scanning a normal amiibo, but in addition, you can swipe to the one you want to dump, overwrite with a new one or let's you choose a save state to restore for the same amiibo. You can also select the amiibo you have swiped to as active before locking it again.

Still looking for beta testers on android and iOS!

The iPad scales some things wrong. On iPhone, the restore section uses half of the screen height as it should. Videos of the android version coming soon :) The interface will be cleaned up soon (I hate those buttons Dump/Lock/Unlock...).

11. 14
    NiteSite

NiteSite Loyal Member

Home Page:
    These changes and updates look amazing!!! I hope you are still working on this and need beta testers!

12. 128
    Falco20019

Falco20019 Developer

iOS is finished. Just need to complete the android version. I hope to find some time by the weekend.

13. 80
    deloreancowboy

With everything you've told me you're putting into this app... wow I've got my amiiqo ready!

14. 30
    MockyLock

MockyLock Loyal Member

'llo here
    it's been a while since i came here last time, but got an alert that this thread was evolving.
    Coming here, i found good surprises :]

if you still need a beta tester, i may be able to help you. I did some for _tim_ and his app.
    By the way _tim_, if you're around, i was using your app these days with Mario maker and Yoshi Wooly World... damn, so easy :)

Congrats to both, and Falco20019, if you need testers, i'm your man !

15. 128
    Falco20019

Falco20019 Developer

Sure, still looking :) I'll contact you around next week ones the android beta is also ready.

16. 30
    MockyLock

MockyLock Loyal Member

Cool :)
    I forgot to tell you that i'll be able to test only Android, no iOS.
    See ya !

EDIT : do you have a link to where you bought that NFC reader/writer ? i could check for it and buy it so i'll be ready when needed.

17. 14
    NiteSite

NiteSite Loyal Member

Home Page:
    I just got a new S7 edge so I can test out the APK for you as I tested the other app you wrote as well. Keep us updated!

18. 128
    Falco20019

Falco20019 Developer

http://flomio.com/shop/readers/acr1255u-j1-oem-version-of-floble-plus/ this is the device and from whom I ordered it. I will also add support for native NFC if the phone supports it. So you only need to buy the device if you a) don't have native NFC in your phone or b) if you have but still want to try it out with the external device :)

Update: had no time this week, so no progress. Hope to find time this weekend to finish the android stuff. iOS is finished and testable right now.

nukester84 and GaryOPA like this.
  19. 80
    deloreancowboy

Only one left in stock...

20. 128
    Falco20019

Falco20019 Developer

As official reseller they should be able to restock pretty fast. I was in contact with the CEO while developing and they are very cooperative and looking for their customers. Can only recommend them.