hit tracker

Amiiqo Manager

Discussion in 'Official 'N^2 Elite' Support Forum' started by _tim_, Oct 15, 2015.

1. 78
    deloreancowboy

deloreancowboy Loyal Member

2. 30
    MockyLock

MockyLock Loyal Member

Thank you !
    I'll wait for next month as my videogame budget has already been used this month (WiiU stuf..) But i'll follow your work, and may test on phone :)

3. 4
    ever17

ever17 Loyal Member

Hi, still not support n2e reader\weiter? Because i recive that message,,,

4. 78
    deloreancowboy

Any updates Falco? I'm too darn excited about your new version.

5. 128
    Falco20019

Falco20019 Developer

Please read carefully since it's vital information!

The bad news: There is a bug in amiiqo which could allow Nintendo to block all existing dumps. I tried to bring the N2 team to release an official update but contact works pretty slow, and every new amiibo wave that gets dumped before the update is released is wasted.

The good news: The current amiiqo firmware allows to already circumvent the problem, making it impossible for Nintendo to fully block amiiqo. So it's just the app missing the opportunity to do it right now.

I changed amiibitz to take care of this problem and prepare for when Nintendo is blocking amiiqo. Every real amiibo dump that is created with amiibitz 1.1.4 and later will work even after this worst case scenario. Every dump created before (with the official app, mine, any other tool or found on NFC-bank) will not work anymore and there is sadly no way to prevent this than by creating a new dump for every existing amiibo.

I am well prepared for it and have an upgrade service ready to migrate your data from a blocked dump into a fresh one, so that you won't loose your save data once it happens. But we need your help in using the newest app to make sure NFC-bank is filled with good dumps from now on to reduce the effect of this :)

You can get the newest version of amiibitz from here (or via update in an older version of it):
    https://mega.nz/#!fxoQ2SbD!jB5-GsrV0v6yz59cLx1msdGHRkGi-vHUqmOOzpm5jGg|

funfair91 is keeping it updated and I make sure that it will receive an update once Nintendo blocks amiiqo.

burndive likes this.
  6. 78
    deloreancowboy

Stupid question: if a backup was restored onto a physical amiibo does the physical amiibo now have the bug?

7. 128
    Falco20019

Falco20019 Developer

Nope, real amiibos are safe and will always be. It's just that amiiqo dumps were missing a bit of data to fully clone them when used on the emulation device. This makes them detectable and existing dumps useless (since they miss a part of data that I can't recover without dumping the real amiibo again).

Not sure if powersaves and namiio have the same problem but I would assume so since everyone uses the same dumps.

8. 78
    deloreancowboy

So it sounds like for every bad dump you have you can use an app such as unsafe amiiwrite to write that dump back to a physical amiibo and then amiibitz to back it up back to the amiiqo.

That is assuming that you have the physical amiibo to write it to.

9. 128
    Falco20019

Falco20019 Developer

Yep and this is essentially what my service is doing in the background ;) just so that you don't have to to this write-dump stuff for each amiibo. (Decrypt amiibo, extract user data from old dump, add it to a clean new dump, re-encrypt amiibo)

Just see it as informational. No one needs to redump every amiibo right now. I just wanted to get people to start creating clean dumps now and uploading them to NFC Bank, so that we have them when we need them :) until then, just keep your dumps as they are and use them. No risk here and you will be able to migrate your dumps later easier than doing it now manually

10. 128
    Falco20019

Falco20019 Developer

Since I got a lot of messages: you don't have to search for new dumps online. Just use whatever you use right now. I don't expect Nintendo to do anything before mid of the year, since they are busy right now with fixing the mess around 3DS and securing the Switch. Just in case that you dump new figurines, make sure to use the latest version of Amiibitz :)

11. 3
    burndive

burndive Loyal Member

12. 40
    GyroDragona

GyroDragona Loyal Member

That link is dead.

13. 128
    Falco20019

Falco20019 Developer

GyroDragona likes this.
  14. 40
    GyroDragona

GyroDragona Loyal Member

I have dumed a few amiibo with your app but the files are 572 bytes instead of 540 bytes. Is that normal?
    Edit: Never-mind. Read a bit more and answered the file size question my self.

Also, are updates within the app automatic when available?

I am loving this app so far. Keep up the great work. It is nice being able to scan my amiiqo and seeing what is currently selected.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  15. 27
    funfair91

funfair91 Loyal Member

Is changed to 570, as nintendo had added signature into their amiibos. All 540, should be updated to 570 bytes instead.

GyroDragona likes this.
  16. 128
    Falco20019

Falco20019 Developer

Should be 572 and not 570 by the way. The signature was always there, it was not added by Nintendo. It is part of the tag hardware produced by NXP. It's just that no one cared to include it in dumps before since Nintendo is not checking it. Mostly because most people just look at data and not how the hardware works.

All old dumps were missing this 32 byte of data which could lead to Nintendo tell a real amiibo from amiiqo/N2 apart. Right now, even for the switch, this is not checked. So we include it and emulate it (when needed) to avoid Nintendo breaking the emulation. Every delivered amiiqo/N2 with latest firmware is already able to support these 572 byte dumps.

GyroDragona likes this.
  17. 40
    GyroDragona

GyroDragona Loyal Member

Oh! Thank you for all that info. That is actually really interesting. Is there more then one firmware version for the amiiqo/N2?

18. 128
    Falco20019

Falco20019 Developer

There were 2 versions of the official app. Version 1.0 was the initial release and Version 1.2 included a firmware update. To fix WiiU support as far as I have analysed it. This update added support for retrieving the signature from amiiqo/N2. It seems that WiiU requests it but does not check it... haven't looked too much into that.

Technically, we would even be able to add this firmware update into amiibitz. But since we don't want to tamper with the warranty and tamper with the firmware, we skipped it. Something I could add is detection of the firmware version to advise on running the official app to update the firmware.

GyroDragona likes this.
  19. 40
    GyroDragona

GyroDragona Loyal Member

Having that in there would be really helpful. A little indicator of the firmware version of the amiiqo and if the signature is supported by that version.

Was the firmware update available through both the PC app and the android app or just on android?

Edit: Tried on both the PC (with the N2 elite NFC reader) and on android with the n2elite software and amiiqo software. I saw no way to check the firmware version or to do an update. I suppose it just automatically updates it if it needs to be.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  20. 253
    nhydro

nhydro Loyal Member

I recently got my N2 elite and was wondering if you can still use a pn532 board from ebay to write onto it as im a IOS user and not android. Thanks