hit tracker

Amiiqo Manager

Discussion in 'Official 'N^2 Elite' Support Forum' started by _tim_, Oct 15, 2015.

1. 130
    Falco20019

Falco20019 Developer

We gave the official team our code so that they can work on its basis. So right now, 2.0.1 is further than last amiibitz. So better to use the official right now :)

randomhousegir likes this.
  2. 25,675
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    randomhousegir and Falco20019 like this.
  3. 40
    GyroDragona

GyroDragona Loyal Member

The Amiibitz creator contributed their code to the N2 Elite team so for now the N2 Elite app is what you should be using. It has all the features and updates (including grabbing the extra info that used to not be captured) from the Amiibitz app.

4. 40
    GyroDragona

GyroDragona Loyal Member

If the dump is full dump (572 bytes instead of 540 bytes) are you actually writing that extra info to the amiiqo/N2 Elite?

5. 80
    deloreancowboy

deloreancowboy Loyal Member

Right now no. I think they are compiling the info to make it easy for if and when Nintendo checks for that.

Falco20019 likes this.
  6. 130
    Falco20019

Falco20019 Developer

Yep, the idea was to already set it up so in case you are creating new tags, you won't suffer from losing any data to it being blocked by having to create a new, empty dump. No worries, you will be fine even if you are using 540 byte dumps. There are some technical options to get your dumps working again which I won't spoil until needed. Possible to implement in a way that users don't have to do anything but let software upgrade them :)

7. 2
    Mave213

Mave213 Loyal Member

Hi,

i'm very new to this topic of amiibo spoofing. I've read a lot and got some NTAG215 to work with help of TagMo. Still i'm not sure if it makes sense to get a n2elite. I'm looking for the "safest" method that has the lowest possibility to get detected in future, because i'm afraid of getting my nintendo account flagged for cheating or get suspended or something else. If read of the current problem with allmost all amiibo dumbs beeing 540 bytes and not 572 bytes which could cause trouble in future. So my primary questions are the following:

Is it possible to store an full 572b dump to an ntag215 which has only a size of 540b? Someone in another forum has stated something in this direction...

How can a spoof of an unreleased amiibo (like the majoras mask link) can be an additional risk? Is it the bin file itself thats the threat or just the fact that the amiibo isnt released yet?

Is it possible to detect the n2 elite as a non-amiibo because it is not a regular nfc tag like the ntag215?

All in all: which method is safer n2 elite or ntag215?

Thanks to the people up here for improving the n2 app! I love to support nintendo but in case of botw it's just rediculous... dont plan to spend so much money for figures that i didnt want to be in my living room only for ingame-items that i cant get another way. If i want an amiibo for the figure i will buy it anyway like the oncoming cloud amiibo :)

Looking forward to your answers

8. 130
    Falco20019

Falco20019 Developer

You don't need the last 32 byte if using a real NTAG215 since you don't copy the original one but technically create a complete new one. So you are good.
    It's the fact that you use an amiibo that isn't released. The game itself knows them, so you are fine. But theoretically Nintendo COULD check if you used an amiibo before it was released.
    if locked and using full dumps (which the app is currently not writing) you should be fine. I don't know of any other detection methods. It could be possible to detect tampering with amiibos independent of if they are N2 (using backup/restore) or real amiibos (like using powersaves). If you are only using it normal without restoring to old backups (like setting it up once and gen just using it like a real one), it's not detectable. As soon as you are cheating (manually or with powersaves), it's detectable right now. I won't write how to not help creating detection methods, but I also know exactly how to avoid it while cheating. But as of now, Nintendo is not checking and no one is making this additional steps that would also be a lot harder to achieve than just backup/restore.

Nintendo itself restores to old backups if it detects that the data got corrupted (i.e. If you removed the tag while writing and rescan the corrupt one). So I don't think they ever will use it to hard block amiibos since it could happen if you have two consoles and one is restoring an older state since it's the last known to it.
    Technically NTAG215 COULD be safer since it's not emulated and is exactly as a real tag. So AFAIK Nintendo can not tell the difference. But having looked into detecting it myself for half a year now, I only have found two methods. Using 540 byte dumps and leaving it unlocked. Again, right now it's totally save to use it unlocked and with 540 bytes. And normally, they would also only lock the amiibos if they detect it as invalid and allow you to still use official once instead of blocking you Nintendo account. At least telling from Nintendo previous behavior in regards to flash cards. They never blocked Nintendo accounts for having a flash card being detected. They only blocked accounts if you use the game online and also only in some cases and mostly just for 2 weeks.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    GaryOPA likes this.
  9. 2
    Mave213

Mave213 Loyal Member

Thanks for your quick and detailed answer Falco!

That clears things up for me. Now I'm wondering, if it might be a risk to use NTAG215 from a manufacturer that doesnt produce for the original amiibos (i think the original manufacturer is NXP?). What are your thoughts?

10. 130
    Falco20019

Falco20019 Developer

The original manufacturer is NXP. Since the tags have unique and verifiable serial numbers it should be impossible for others to produce verifiable tags. I haven't checked them though since I don't own own. You can create a dump with N2 app from a tag that you written with TagMo on one of those tags and send it me through PM. I can check if it is safe or not.

11. 2
    Yozen

Yozen Loyal Member

Little script for linux to create "batch amiibo file" for mass restore (200 slots). I only have a little knowledge about bash so... Maybe someone will be able to rewrite it for windows.
    For windows we can use:
    copy file1.bin + FF.bin output_name.bin /B
    to merge bin files.

amiibo.sh
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    # USAGE:
    # Place the script and FF.bin file in /home/user/
    # Go to directory with your amiibos for e.g.: /home/user/amiibos. (Max 200 amiibo bin files)
    # Run the script ../amiibo.sh output_name
    # New file will be created in /home/user/amiibos/ with the name of your parameter e.g.: output_name.bin
    # Open Amiiqo Manager and use restore for 200 slots.

if [ -z ${1} ]; then
             echo "Parameter is missing a value"
    else
            touch ../new.bin #create empty file
            for file in *; do
                    full=$(basename "${file}") #read all files in directory
                    cat ../new.bin "${full}" ../FF.bin > ../new2.bin #merge files
                    mv ../new2.bin ../new.bin
            done
            mv ../new.bin "${1}.bin"
    fi
    exit 0

Attached Files:

• FF.bin
      File size:
      36 bytes
      Views:
  12. 2
    Yozen

Yozen Loyal Member

Windows version.
    Example dir tree:
    Code:
    Amiibos/
     |-Amiibo1/
     |-Amiibo2/
     |-Amiibo3/
     |-amiibo.bat
     |-FF.bat
    Usage: open cmd in a directory where the .bat file is placed and run: amiibo.bat "dir name"
    e.g.:
    amiibo.bat Amiibo3
    Code:
    @echo off
    SETLOCAL EnableDelayedExpansion
    if "%1"=="" (goto :paramnotok) ELSE GOTO :paramok

:paramnotok
    echo Parameter is missing
    goto :eof

:paramok
    set dirname=%1
    copy /y NUL new.bin >NUL
    for /f "delims=" %%a in ('dir %%dirname%% /s/b') do (
       copy /b new.bin + "%%a" + FF.bin new2.bin
       move new2.bin new.bin
    )
    move new.bin %dirname%.bin

13. 2
    RQV

RQV Loyal Member

hope someone update the n2 manage for windows. my cellphone doesn't have NFC reader and i don't have enought money to buy a new one :(

14. 130
    Falco20019

Falco20019 Developer

Should be coming soon. They announced it end of April that it's coming

RQV likes this.
  15. 30
    MockyLock

MockyLock Loyal Member

Hi here.
    It's been a long time !
    Since Smash Bros. Ultimate is out now, i dug out my Amiiqo and still use Amiiqo Manager (Alpha 2) :)
    Erased the whole and filled it using those nice MCAS sets.
    but damn, Smash Bros. ask for an owner and nickname, and i have to use the Switch to set those informations.
    Could it be possible for Amiiqo Manager to be able to manage those fields ?

Thank you !

16. 130
    Falco20019

Falco20019 Developer

You can set it with your switch. This data is only stored in the Amiibo and not used for anything else by Nintendo than in games. It’s easier than generating the Mii manually. Not sure if you can only set the nickname.

But this data is also on every real Amiibo, so no problem as long as you don’t intend to upload them anywhere.

Since this data is part of the encrypted data set, you would need the copyrighted encryption key if you want to set it manually. Or use a service backend like N2 does recently. But not worth the effort.