hit tracker

Announcing the Gateway 3DS --Your gateway to games

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, May 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1
    6Samiel6

6Samiel6 Loyal Member

I saw this on another Forum:

Is this the truth? If not are parts of it true or is it completely false?

2. 90
    chr15m

chr15m Loyal Member

seems logically plausible

3. 18
    samagon

samagon Loyal Member

The fact that this is a 1:1 flashcart that allows you to run 1 rom at a time and forces you to use the exact size of microSD card along with save problems makes this think damn near worthless especially given how easily it will be patched. No homebrew and no progress towards an actual publicly available hack makes me a sad panda. Although IIRC some of the 3DS hackers have a patchable exploit that they're keeping under wraps so they can reverse engineer the system and find an unpatchable one so there is still hope.

Still it's kinda cool these guys managed to overcome the hurdles that Crown3DS could not.

4. 230

2615863 Loyal Member

This sucks, I wish you could do multiple games at once..

5. 59
    Yuuki Isk

Yuuki Isk Loyal Member

if you would look correctly and do a litle research on it you would know that it doesnt need the excact size , one of the games a size of 1gb but they use 2 gb card.

6. 352
    tonybologna

tonybologna Loyal Member

construction business owner, affiliate marketing,
    It's still 1:1 game running though, right? Wouldn't matter about the micrsoSD card size if you can only have 1 game at a time anyhow from the card. What's the use for that 1GB extra on the card in this case?

7. 891
    Digital-Spooker

Digital-Spooker Loyal Member

Student.
    I'm assuming the 3DS wouldn't even bother looking at it, or may just treat it as unused cartridge space

8. 59
    Yuuki Isk

Yuuki Isk Loyal Member

it checks mostlikely the size of the partition so it matters but you can resize as a sdcard so that it is smaller

9. 2
    Lakerchick

Lakerchick Loyal Member

Very good I look forward to this..since you seem to know much more about this than I do, does this work with the latest Nintendo 3DS firmware since that is what I have..and about how you can only have 1 game per microsd card is that true?
    If you have any info on the Wii U hack would appreciate any developments with that too :)

10. 13,435
    billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    honestly, the more i'm hearing about this the less interest i have.

no homebrew
    no region free
    one single save slot on the flashcard itself that requires extra hardware to dump your save to pc before you can run another game.
    no actual capability to back up your own game carts.

and most sites are reporting that it requires the correct micro sd card size for the correct rom so a 2gb game needs a 2gb card etc completely negating the ability to consolidate your own games on a single device.

obviously that may change.

11. 26,553
    Xenogears V

Xenogears V Senior Helper Clean-Up Crew

Amazing news. Finally.

Who play offline, don't care about check.

And firmware, is same Ds matter...I am sure there will card update.

12. 571
    themuse

themuse Loyal Member

the solution for a game manager on a 1:1 card is a very simple one, you just have a DS mode manager homebrew app that will re partition either an internal built in flash chip or the micro SD and copy the rom over on the new partition after it is re formatted ,if the card has a built in flash that is the max size of current 3ds carts , you just switch to DS mode to use the manager and load a new rom, then you dont have to have a PC to change the roms all the time
    assuming you can fit a dual ds/3ds mode card in the housing

13. 1,808
    Ichijoe

Ichijoe Loyal Member

Not trying to white-knight or anything, but why would you advertise this thing on Maxconsole. Other the taking easy Advertisement Money?
    Its stupid *#@& like this that gives MicroSoft & S0NY the impetus to treat us all like Pirates. Thus giving them the moral justifacation in shafting us with what we can and can NOT do with our own property.

14. 13,435
    billysastard

billysastard MaxConsole Co-Admin Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://www.maxconsole.com
    many other large gaming sites have covered this news too, its not just us, even those who never cover piracy have had the video up (which links to the website)

15. 25,597
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Its because its was the last standing console not hacked, the same news coverage happen after the ps3 was hacked, twice, once with psjailbreak (which is like this device, just pirate-love) and next when geohot released the keys, allowing homebrew and no hardware.

Now all of the previous generation of consoles have been hacked. -- Now efforts will be pushed towards the DRM XB1 and so-so DRM PS4, both are going to be tough, but time will tell, they said ps3 and 3ds were impossible, well look now, it happened...

16. 1,439
    IJTF_Cinder

IJTF_Cinder Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://utstatsdb.nanomonkey.ca/
    Things like this exist in the first place because these companies try to restrict what you can do with the things you own, as much as they can legally get away with.
    I should(and do) have the right to make backups of my software that I OWN(No I don't "license" the right to use it, despite their BS ToS) and I can do as I please with my hardware.
    I didn't sign a lease when I bought my system, or my games...

If they weren't so restrictive, they wouldn't have as much problems with so called (practically non existant compared to actual sales, and largely, read INSANELY, inflated regarding lost sales) piracy.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2013
  17. 1,808
    Ichijoe

Ichijoe Loyal Member

Well I won't fain ignorance by saying that I wouldn't be interested in this Device either. If I actually had a 3DS(XL) that is.
    I'm certainly far from being a White-Knight myself. I guess the recent crap about how MicroSoft plan to deal with something so simple as being able to lend (Or even rent as in "Try before you buy"), has really gotten under my Skin of late...

18. 323
    sonnyz

sonnyz Loyal Member

Home Page:
    http://
    Flash carts are definitely becoming less relevant these days now that the 3DS has the ability to download most games from the store. Although, I'll still be getting a flashcart, but I'm not sure if it will be the Gateway that I get. I know that with time someone will come out with a version that lets you play DS games, emulators, and homebrew games. When they do, i'll definitely get it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2013
  19. 0
    dangwoot

dangwoot Guest

Gateway3DS FAQ

Gateway 3DS Releases An Official FAQ

View attachment 3936

Here is a little FAQ about Gateway 3DS, answering customers' most popular questions:

Well there you have it folks! Hopefully this answers a few of the burning questions ;)

20. 77
    TLSS_N

TLSS_N Loyal Member

College Student
    Home Page:
    https://encrypted.google.com/
    This is hope for more unlocking down the road, homebrew should be nice :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.