hit tracker

Announcing the Gateway 3DS --Your gateway to games

Discussion in 'Official 'Gateway 3DS' Support Forum' started by GaryOPA, May 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 0
    dangwoot

dangwoot Guest

indeed i would love to see some sort of 3d homebrew (here's hoping for a world runner remake :D )

quick edit,
    THANKS TO WHOMEVER FORMATTED DAT FOR ME :D I LUV YOU!! haha.

2. 25,653
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
  3. 456
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Loyal Member

Hmm my bookmarks must be off. Apparently this is 3dscrunch.

4. 25,653
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Gateway 3DS Releases An Official FAQ

Here is a little FAQ about Gateway 3DS, answering customers' most popular questions:

sonnyz and (deleted member) like this.
  5. 0
    dangwoot

dangwoot Guest

lol nah but it is some damn good news for those of us who haven't updated in some time :D, i think we do traffic better this way ;)

6. 891
    Digital-Spooker

Digital-Spooker Loyal Member

Student.
    $80... well.. looks like I'm holding off on one of these for a long long time.

7. 267
    faith genesis raven

faith genesis raven Loyal Member

Teacher
    Home Page:
    http://www.darkumbra.net
    price is.... a little bit ott
    around 40 euro would be better

i want one but who knows how quick nintendo will block it etc....
    paying near 65 euro i just see it as too big of a risk atm
    40 would still be decent money but not as much as 65.............

8. 0
    faith genesis

faith genesis Guest

cool thanks for posting the faq
    although the price is a little bit ott in my opinion

considering who knows how long this'll last and how quick nintendo could block it

i would pay around 40 but 65...... little bit too much if that doesnt even include good shipping

i do hope to get hope but hopefully at a realistic price

9. 681
    Mr.Do!

Mr.Do! Loyal Member

Sound Designer
    I dunno.. Too Exp. plus every game needs a microSD. Even if you re-use one and have to copy each game at a time... Its too much work for the price, just to rip off people.

The good news for me in this.. Maybe this will bring along a softmod..

10. 6,627
    tech3475

tech3475 Loyal Member

This is what I'm thinking plus the lack of homebrew and region free.

It reminds me of the early days of the DS flash carts.

11. 292
    Sm0k3d 0uT

Sm0k3d 0uT Loyal Member

Doesn't seem really worth it to me. $80 + the price of a microSD for each game.
    Great job on being the first to make an item like this but it doesn't seem to be consumer ready in my opinion.
    I would need to carry a laptop/netbook in order to play something else on the go.

12. 65
    jawgee

jawgee Loyal Member

How are 3DS games going to look on a big screen HDTV? What is the resolution of these games?

13. 891
    Digital-Spooker

Digital-Spooker Loyal Member

Student.
    ... what? this doesn't let you play on TVs..

14. 182
    Kvass

Kvass Loyal Member

I'm with Spooks on this one, 80 bucks is too much. As much as I want one there are too many cons. No homebrew support, no ds support. 1 sd per game and last but not least, the fact Ninty is going to ax this in the next firmware update and I don't see this team staying for a long time.

15. 571
    themuse

themuse Loyal Member

more likley your disappointment will come froma better card being released a month or 2 later by another team if you buy this
    i am still considering buying it though

but once it gets out in the public you know the other teams like supercard will be reversing it and improving it,
    how long after this gets gets released will we see a dual ds /3ds mode card with a ds mode manager for loading multiple games off of 1 card i wonder. as long as nintendo doesnt block ds mode cards and as long as you can t fit the 2 in one ,then no reason somone cant build a dual mode card that lets you switch roms on the msd from ds mode instead of a pc , i assume you can just have the ds homebrew manager program that will repartition the msd and move the roms to the correctly sized second partition

16. 561
    AlbedoAtoned

AlbedoAtoned Loyal Member

The saving is where I see the largest problem arising. In order to sell, they will have to figure out how to make saving work with more than one game without backing up and restoring. I think if possible it should work with muliple partitions. As in at the least each sd card has two partitions, one for the game and the other for saves. Even better would be if this works for the games as well. If they figure something like that out they will probably do well.

17. 120
    Enzomatrx

Enzomatrx Loyal Member

Working in the whole DS "Scene" closely with one of the DS products... i'm hoping this will be like the GBA cartridges in the day.

At first, saving was horrible and the game "menu" was a joke. Pogoshell was able to come along and rectify all of that immediately.

The lack of "Homebrew" though does make this a little "ehhh". I think I'll have a review sample or at least one of my cohorts will, so it will be interesting to see what this has.

I also don't think anyone should "early adopt" this, as Nintendo is sure to block it basically instantly.

Hopefully it'll be like the old NoPass devices for NDS... once one come out, they all start coming out.

But who knows?

18. 2
    Lakerchick

Lakerchick Loyal Member

No News on whether this works with the latest Nintendo 3DS firmware..also, yes 80 bucks for something Nintendo can probably block in a week is not worth it, that with the only 1 game per microsd card doesnt seem like its worth it to me..but we will see, maybe between now and release time things will improve

19. 65
    jawgee

jawgee Loyal Member

D'OH! That's what I get for skimming the original article. I assumed with all the hoopla on this PS3 news site that this would allow PS3 gamers to play 3DS games on it. Move along, nothing to see here. :hopelessness:

20. 571
    themuse

themuse Loyal Member

thats ok ,i will just trade my 3ds games in and get another used 3ds with the credit and keep my current one for gateway, and it will be on the older fw if by chance there is some other exploit released that requires older fw
    still worth it for the amount of games already out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.