hit tracker

Apple’s iOS 7 approved cable authentication cracked

Discussion in 'Mobile Jailbreak Scene' started by GaryOPA, Jun 24, 2013.

By GaryOPA on Jun 24, 2013 at 12:31 PM
  1. 25,460
    GaryOPA

GaryOPA Master Phoenix Admin Staff Member Top-Dog Brass

Media:
    Design Eng.
    Home Page:
    http://www.O-P-A.biz
    Cat & Mouse game has already started before even iOS 7 is released

One of new features of iOS7 is that is knows when you plugin an cheap $2 cable over the official Apple $25 cable, but now it seems modders have figured out how to get around the cable encryption

[​IMG]

When iOS7 rolls out shortly, it will have an feature that will alert the user that the cable they are trying to use is 'unofficial' and should not be used, Apple can even stop it from working totally.

But now iPhone5mod has released an video claiming that modders have already figured out the new cable encryption system and their newest knockoff cables will work without triggering the alert.

The problem is that its an real Cat&Mouse game, today the cheap cable could work, tomorrow after your phone updates, it could not. -- The cable/battle/game is now in play! :)

NEWS SOURCE: Apple’s iOS 7 approved cable authentication cracked (via) VentureBeat

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'Mobile Jailbreak Scene' started by GaryOPA, Jun 24, 2013.

1. 1,808
      Ichijoe

Ichijoe Loyal Member

Thats really low. Then again this is Apple we're talking about here. No real news then...

2. 4,415
      JonathanD

JonathanD Loyal Member

I agree, something as trivial as a USB cable.... I must admit while the issue does not have any effect on me personally I still think it is complete and utter BS and should be illegal.

Something about anti competitive behavior or something... Again it's just a cable nothing that should require you to buy Apples blessed version.

3. 488
      phallius

phallius Loyal Member

Hey apple, FU! I sold my ipad because of all the lockdowns. I will never buy another apple product again. Maybe the FTC needs some complaints from us for controlling the market, and trying to form a monopoly. Going to the FTC site right now. :D

4. 0
      wiggim

wiggim Guest

This articles title says cable authentication is cracked, but reads like the authentication was duplicated. So which is it? cracked so I can use my already-purchased cables or duplicated so I need to buy new knock-offs?